• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Comparison of Gen 15400 vs JF 15400

Andycrack

Getting To Know The Place
22/4/08
Hello guys,
I have a gen 3120 movement and a gen Bracelet. Can anyone tell me if this would fit on the JF V2?
Thanks in advance

ztealth

11/8/13
Thanks for the side by side mate. I own a JF 15400 blue dial with prof Xtal and it is amazing!!! I also performed the rotor silencing mod and it is now as quiet as a mouse. Its amazing to see how close to the gen it is. An acquaintance recently spotted my watch and asked if he could have a look (whilst on my wrist). He previously worked in a watch boutique and sold many APs. He did not believe me when I said to him it was a rep!!!!!!!He though it looked amazing. I absolutely love mine!!!!!
864B2E5D-EEB3-45A1-8C6E-C8BA564A22EA_zpsonhjjges.jpg
001D0657-75D2-4777-BEF7-C4E37C58F5A9_zpsp8fi6ly2.jpg
have you compared the JF blue to the Gen blue?
just curious of how close the color is.
also, does the JF have a black datewheel? i believe the gen has blue datewheel. correct me if i am wrong!

wavesonic

26/3/15
5e65aed993be41cc24210f7bd0a6de41.jpg

Saw the gen in Rome recently for those asking about the gold, here's an up to date reference in the flesh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw the pic you posted first, and was talking to myself "Wow, JF has really improved their minute markers." :)

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
have you compared the JF blue to the Gen blue?
just curious of how close the color is.
also, does the JF have a black datewheel? i believe the gen has blue datewheel. correct me if i am wrong!

Blue Date and the color is similiar not 100 % but very close.

rcom440

Respected Member
10/11/12
USA
That why I wrote not 100%? :D

I think in a near future they will be almost-almost 100% but in a fear future wrist luxury watches won't be that popular.
There are less and less people buying them.
I think they are losing their cool factor and I think watch companies know that.

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
Hello guys,
I have a gen 3120 movement and a gen Bracelet. Can anyone tell me if this would fit on the JF V2?
Thanks in advance

Hey buddy - what do you plan to install on your gen movement? Believe it or not, gen movements are easier to find these days than the right dials and hands for them! I am somewhat able to source quite a few AP spares and those 15400 dials and hands are quite hard to come by, and when you happen to come across something parts are extremely overpriced: 1500 for a second hand black dial, 3000 for a blue dial, etc.

Just a point if you haven't considered this - the case is the least of your problems I believe.

Good luck in your build anyways

Andycrack

22/4/08
Hello Tosoboso, thanks for your info. I have the origina movement, the original black dial and I can buy a set of original hands. I just eanted to know if this would fit in any of the cases of the reps. As I have that sitting on a box, i was thinking of making a franken, but I dont know if it's possible.

siefy98

Do not accept unsolicited offers
7/11/16
Great comparison, thanks for this! Never been too much into AP tba. until this comparison ^^
Regarding the thickness tell you mention: the added thickness on the rep seems to be more on the bottom, 'beveled ' part, am I right? So is not really showing up on the wrist anyway?

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Added thickness is on the gen not the rep, and yeah it's on the bottom

Sent from the RWI mobile app