• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Comparison of Gen 15400 vs JF 15400

poiuy

Renowned Member
10/10/16
Thanks for taking the time to do a comparison...

Looks like the JF is a very good rep!

Sums it up if you sold the Gen to keep the Rep!! :sleep:

Th3RedEye

Getting To Know The Place
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/9/16
Excuse me but could someone give me a link to buy this Watch please ?

Thanks

poiuy

Renowned Member
10/10/16
the gen of course,none of TF or JF are good enough compare to gen,but i really think black dial is closer to gen than the silver one

Fair enough :laugh:

Looks fine to my untrained eye :helpsmilie:

abcar

8/10/15
Looks fine to me too, of course they could (and I hope they will) improve it but it's getting really close to the "real deal"..

gclass

2/9/16
Great Comparison. Thanks for the effort Dave.
I think the jump was only made recently when jf updated their dials with these highly detailed anodized dials, by a professional pantograph operator.
You can notice the same goes for the 15400 tt dial.
The same has happened for the 15450 with the newly released v2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=braYWKVz-tY

People here have been flocking over the blue dial, but the silver one shows the extreme details of this great watch.

(~The only difference I noticed was the screw size of the clasp, but that's not important).

Keep up the good work!

rld14

5/11/11
Some people claim that this is an exact rep, it's not but it is incredibly well done. For 3% or so of the price of a real one it is incredibly well done.

These are how I tell them apart (I just got a black dial JF for comparison):

The gen's bracelet doesn't have as much play and the rep's bracelet has a lot of sharp edges. You can't tell until it's in hand however. The "Flash" of the JF's bracelet is VERY comparable to gen. Realistically, IMO, this is very fixable with some more finishing of the band IMO.

The dial is a tell but only up close, the squares on the gen dial have, roughly, 10 lines per square and the rep has like 5 lines per square. This is only a tell with a loupe; on the wrist the "flash" of the dials are comparable.

Height of the case but we knew that already.

AP logo on the bracelet is a bit off, also the AP logo square on the clasp sits a bit further above the bracelet itself.

Crown has a sharp edge on it. The AP logo on the crown, when screwed in, is not at a straight up 90 degree angle. Now, whether my gen does this and not all do, and vice versa on the rep I am not sure.

Overall it's a phenomenal watch for, what, $3-350? The cheapest I see any legit 15400s selling for is around $12,000 or so.

Oh yeah, one last thing... In real life blue dial 15400s are very rare beasts, might want to consider that before buying one. I see 15400s in the wild somewhat regularly but have NEVER seen a blue dial on someone's wrist.

moms

Known Member
2/7/15
Absolute true,even the gen has a bit roughness and sharp edges like the rep that's because the shape of the links that's why we can have the shine

Enviado do meu SM-G930F através de Tapatalk

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Great review of the current JF!!! Now if they can rep the actual 37mm version to the same quality on the tap and not just a lazy miniature 15400. For those with small wrists like mine, the 15400 wears like a 44mm. Wish AP would bring back the 39mm version so they can do a nice rep of that size.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

That is True! I have a Hublot Big Bang with 44 mm and it wears like a 42. The AP is 40 mm and wears much bigger than the Hublot and looks very very good on my big wrist!

rcom440

Respected Member
10/11/12
USA
XY2hQf2.jpg

Versaceboy54

I <3 DD’s
Certified
26/6/13
Any stuttering to the 9015 movement?

Well This thread made me order one which I just recieved yesterday and it's amazing! I was concerned about the studder as well bc I had a 23j Daytona that had the miyota which I believe was 9015 and I sold it for that reason, I couldn't stand the intermittent studdering. I said I would never buy another miyota for that reason but this watch doesn't have a studder at all. I'm by no means an expert but this sweep looks exactly like my 2836 rolexes so if your concerned about studder there are no issues with this watch!

poiuy

Renowned Member
10/10/16
Well This thread made me order one which I just recieved yesterday and it's amazing! I was concerned about the studder as well bc I had a 23j Daytona that had the miyota which I believe was 9015 and I sold it for that reason, I couldn't stand the intermittent studdering. I said I would never buy another miyota for that reason but this watch doesn't have a studder at all. I'm by no means an expert but this sweep looks exactly like my 2836 rolexes so if your concerned about studder there are no issues with this watch!

Pics! :)

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Thanks for all the comments guys. Out of interest, where would I send this to for an AR xtal to be fitted? I'm Uk (currently still EU...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the review.

Buy a x2AR crystal from member profs (USA based). member ado213 (Uk based) can do the fitting. X2AR is a nice touch but not my taste on the Royal Oak.

Versaceboy54

I <3 DD’s
Certified
26/6/13
Pics! :)

I will add pics today!

Also I must say I'm very impressed with the crystal. I'm normally an ar guy as I have one for all my other past and present APs and this one is an improvement over the stock 44s I've had before changing them out.

I'm not 100% I want an AR for this one yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk