• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Comparison between the gen 4130 movement and the clean 4130 movement

HSB

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/9/22
United States
The Clean parts are impressively similar. I had an issue though with a different brand daytona, even though the parts look similar, the gears were of inferior strength metal and stripped when winding up all the way. Might you be able to test the strength of the gears, resistance to stripping a tooth? They look almost identical, but how about the material strength which is functionally critical, and failed in my case.

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
Amazing post, thanks for taking the time to put this together for the community.

Did your watchmaker have a suggestion as to the top parts to replace to make it more reliable/stable?

CTime

Renowned Member
Trusted Dealer
29/9/22
Guangzhou, China
The Clean parts are impressively similar. I had an issue though with a different brand daytona, even though the parts look similar, the gears were of inferior strength metal and stripped when winding up all the way. Might you be able to test the strength of the gears, resistance to stripping a tooth? They look almost identical, but how about the material strength which is functionally critical, and failed in my case.
Our 4130 is the most reliable movement among the chronograph ones, just be careful with chronograph function. Gen parts will also have this problem

Reactions: HSB

CTime

Renowned Member
Trusted Dealer
29/9/22
Guangzhou, China
Amazing post, thanks for taking the time to put this together for the community.

Did your watchmaker have a suggestion as to the top parts to replace to make it more reliable/stable?
You don't need to replace any parts, it's stable itself.

Reactions: mcboom

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Wow, up close and personal with the 4130 makes you truly appreciate this hobby and how we should never take what we have for granted.

Amazing photos, thank you Ctime

rmxap310

Known Member
Certified
2/11/11

as impressive as the pics are, you just dont know the quality of rep parts

I think its worth it to swap in some gen parts

Last edited:

julius11

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/4/20
Thanks for the comparison and the hq pictures. Appreciate it!

Reactions: CTime