• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Comparison between the gen 4130 movement and the clean 4130 movement

VenomGT3

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/4/22
USA
Wow thank you for doing this! The 4130 clone is truly the most impressive thing to happen in the rep world.

Reactions: CTime

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
But Why cant they clone the Balance wheel? The tiny screws on the Balance wheel is not there on the clone movment

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Thx for this post. This is Why i love rwi :) amazing work

Dote_Anek

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/11/22
I would like to thank you for your great effort. It hast have taken you days to put this together. I own a Daytona Rep with the 4130 and told a friend of mine only recently that this Rep provided me with the best Rolex experience to date (having some Gens). The movement is very accurate, the second counter zeros perfectly and runs for at least 3 days when not worn.

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
@CTime is the clean/BTF 4130 ”better” then the old noob one’s? In the begining of the clean 4130 everyone said noobs movments was better/more stabile. What is your opinion? I have many noobs and a few clean and BTF and i think its a ”better” feel when winding on my old noobs but pr are better on the clean, on clean its a verry grindy sound, not smoth, The BTF i have are smother , more like the old noobs. But maybe its just luck/unluck? Intresting to hear your opinion on it. Maybe they will be smoth if i service them.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
@CTime is the clean/BTF 4130 ”better” then the old noob one’s? In the begining of the clean 4130 everyone said noobs movments was better/more stabile. What is your opinion? I have many noobs and a few clean and BTF and i think its a ”better” feel when winding on my old noobs but pr are better on the clean, on clean its a verry grindy sound, not smoth, The BTF i have are smother , more like the old noobs. But maybe its just luck/unluck? Intresting to hear your opinion on it. Maybe they will be smoth if i service them.
I share the same feedback.

When you wind a CF is like nails on a chalkboard

Reactions: Tompa

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Supporter
Certified
16/4/22
I actually prefer the clone balance wheel... cuz I can actually easily regulate the movement without the fancy rolex tools to adjust the weights on the gen rolex balance. Amazing post from CTime regardless!

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Outstanding review @CTime the effort that went into this is huge and the result is very informative.

I would love to see a similar review of the vs3135 and vs3235 compared to gen 3135 / 3235.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Beautiful pics, really appreciate the effort.

CTime

Renowned Member
Trusted Dealer
29/9/22
Guangzhou, China
Clean/BT/Noob they all use the same movement from Dandong. For the function and stability of 4130, there is no big update on that. So the winding problem is only a probability condition. This happens to all 4130 from different batch. And we've tested many watches, most of them are very smoth.

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
Wow, impressive side to side!
@CTime do you plan to do this with clone 3135?

Tobel

6/7/17
This is next level comparison man, Impress work!

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
I am curious to hear if anyone has swapped gen parts in, and how it performed/what adjustments needed to be made.
Yes: