• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean new 126500 white and black dial comparison with GEN

mistermagoo

9/8/17
Surely Clean must start incorporating Deep crystal as their stock crystal as they should now know how much Deep is preferred by customers.

Reactions: Azwethinkweiz28

Bobi01

Respected Member
2/2/19
Agreed … a great comparison would be a side by side photo, of two same watches, one with the “new” Clean crystal vs. one with the Deep Crystal.
It cant be compared, it will be big difference because deep have double sided AR which is not even genlike, better comparison would be gen vs clean … deep is just too clear even compared to the gen it is much clearer

Reactions: m5smg2

ombre

So Young...So Naive
Certified
13/5/16
I feel like the edge profile is too soft on the deep compared to gen. Could just be me though. I'm tempted to grab one of the crystal interaktiv has listed.

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
17/4/17
Gen vs deep on clean 116500 for example

Doesn't deep apply double AR, top and bottom, on the crystal hence the blue hue? Whereas the gen has AR coating only on the underside. Given the quality of the glass Rolex uses, aftermarket companies can only achieve that clarity by applying double AR, and that hue is a big no no for me.

Reactions: Dollhorn and Bobi01

mentalspelunkist

An overage of thought with a lack of concern.
5/2/24
California
It always surprises me that the indicies on rep are much more uniformed, alignment and lume aside. For the most part they look better.

Bobi01

Respected Member
2/2/19
Doesn't deep apply double AR, top and bottom, on the crystal hence the blue hue? Whereas the gen has AR coating only on the underside. Given the quality of the glass Rolex uses, aftermarket companies can only achieve that clarity by applying double AR, and that hue is a big no no for me.
Thats what im talking about, they comparing clean and deep which is not comparable because deep have double AR and will always be much clearer but thats not the most important thing imo, we need gen vs clean comparison to see real difference in clarity… deep is good for me once you remove top layer of the AR as i said milion times

Reactions: m5smg2 and M Scott

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
My QC GL!
These Daytonas are put together perfectly. Everything is centered ;-)
The QC and Member pictures look so good for all of these. The quality of these Daytonas has become very, very good.

I keep thinking of just 5 years ago when nearly every Noob Daytona had something wrong with it. Dials off center, Bezels misaligned, Chrono hands off center, SELs that you could throw a cat through and more... Back then it seemed that each new version or batch would come with different parts and different problems.

May 2019... who remembers these?
KIl5Hn.jpeg

Bobi01

Respected Member
2/2/19
The QC and Member pictures look so good for all of these. The quality of these Daytonas has become very, very good.

I keep thinking of just 5 years ago when nearly every Noob Daytona had something wrong with it. Dials off center, Bezels misaligned, Chrono hands off center, SELs that you could throw a cat through and more... Back then it seemed that each new version or batch would come with different parts and different problems.

May 2019... who remembers these?
KIl5Hn.jpeg
Yeah bro, they looked like a toy 😂

Reactions: M Scott

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Is this the transparent caseback that will works with the 126500?

A bit spicy €149 isn’t it?
They lowered their price, it was 200 Euros.

I just got this one in the mail today from OfficialTime for $160 USD Shipped... Daytona-Case-Back
From the pictures they look exactly the same, and the one I got will fit a 112500.

Reactions: alvesaw

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
17/4/17
Unrelated but something I noticed today is that the Le Mans actually has a sunburst on it. Hopefully rep factories realize this and also make a good dial. Although sunburst dials are never a strong point for replicas.

Even the 126519 black dial has sunburst in the black part. Let's see what the rep factories come out with.