• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

TimeTeller

Getting To Know The Place
17/10/17
Gen vs clean v3. Clean really did a phenomenal job, the real difference is the gen numbers are much brighter in low light, the clean ones look very washed out. Bezel is close too, gen has thicker lip and the scallops are slightly different, nobody can tell without having both in their hand and actually being told as much.

Can you clarify, is the broken insert clean or Gen?

Hasslebank

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
Don’t get mad, the broken insert came for free with the bezel 😆
Season 2 Omg GIF by The Office

TimeTeller

17/10/17
so from reading all 140 pages of this thread lol, it seems that the color of the V3 is much closer to gen, at least the mk version that @rdothroaway has. The v3s has a brighter red, which is less gen like, but it glows much better under UV as opposed to the v3 version. Is that an accurate consensus?

WatchNoobie

Known Member
7/8/24
so from reading all 140 pages of this thread lol, it seems that the color of the V3 is much closer to gen, at least the mk version that @rdothroaway has. The v3s has a brighter red, which is less gen like, but it glows much better under UV as opposed to the v3 version. Is that an accurate consensus?
Yea kind of but here’s the thing..
V2s = v3
V3 = v3s

Different TDs call it different things so just ask for the latest one and UV light check if ordering the v3s

TimeTeller

17/10/17
Yea kind of but here’s the thing..
V2s = v3
V3 = v3s

Different TDs call it different things so just ask for the latest one and UV light check if ordering the v3s
This is not constant with that i read in previous posts.

from what i read:
v3 is v3
v2s is now called v3s.

please correct me if i'm wrong someone.

Reactions: WatchNoobie

WatchNoobie

Known Member
7/8/24
This is not constant with that i read in previous posts.

from what i read:
v3 is v3
v2s is now called v3s.

please correct me if i'm wrong someone.
Like I said everyone calls it differently basically the latest one is with a brighter red and under UV is all bright red

The previous version is a little darker red (which is more gen like) and very dark red (not gen like).

So v2s v3 v3s.. everyone calls it differently and ask your TD for the UV check whether you want the latest or previous

TimeTeller

17/10/17
Like I said everyone calls it differently basically the latest one is with a brighter red and under UV is all bright red

The previous version is a little darker red (which is more gen like) and very dark red (not gen like).

So v2s v3 v3s.. everyone calls it differently and ask your TD for the UV check whether you want the latest or previous
Gotacha,

is it accurate to say

v2s- does not turn red under UV
v3- turns read but not bright
v3s- most bright - most gen like under UV

WatchNoobie

Known Member
7/8/24
Gotacha,

is it accurate to say

v2s- does not turn red under UV
v3- turns read but not bright
v3s- most bright - most gen like under UV
Yeah you could say so.. just stick to the last two versions if you care for UV go latest one, if you care for closer gen look natural light go previous in both cases ask for UV test from your TD

Reactions: TimeTeller

Messi

⚡️
Patron
Certified
28/4/13
🇺🇸
Man the difference between the v3 Batman and v3 Pepsi bezel in person is substantial. All effort has gone into the Pepsi clearly.
Batman still incredible but Pepsi is a step above in regards to bezel.

Sold my gen Pepsi just before I got this v3 I wish I kept it for comparison.

TimeTeller

17/10/17
Yeah you could say so.. just stick to the last two versions if you care for UV go latest one, if you care for closer gen look natural light go previous in both cases ask for UV test from your TD
I've already ordered a v3 and its on the way, I have UV video from the qc, i can share it here if i'm not breaking any rules.

Reactions: WatchNoobie

WatchNoobie

Known Member
7/8/24
Man the difference between the v3 Batman and v3 Pepsi bezel in person is substantial. All effort has gone into the Pepsi clearly.
Batman still incredible but Pepsi is a step above in regards to bezel.

Sold my gen Pepsi just before I got this v3 I wish I kept it for comparison.
I heard
I've already ordered a v3 and it’s on the way, I have UV video from the qc, i can share it here if i'm not breaking any rules.
i think you can share a pic