• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory New Submariner Series Review (Incl. Comparison Pics vs Gen)

ZeroFive

Horology Curious
1/6/21
Has anyone tried their Clean in swimming activities? Old boy BP Sea dwellers were well waterproofed from factory and I used it freely at the beach.. I wonder can we use these Cleans same way

I asked Li if I can wash my cf no date cause I wash my gen when I use it when I go out. I wash or disinfect everything I wear outside.

Li told me not to expect rep watch to be as reliable as Gen in terms of water resistant.

onlyrolexes

26/12/20
Like them all will start to fade in a month.

One has gen now a big difference.

VSF never faded on me. Looks great. Of course gen is gen :) I have a gen Batman Return. Never has to worry :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Like them all will start to fade in a month.

One has gen now a big difference.

You mean the black turns grey gradually? If so, that means the ceramic is not truly black rather it is just a black coating on top of the insert? All paint coatings are subject to UV deterioration unless it is the UV resistant type.

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
You mean the black turns grey gradually? If so, that means the ceramic is not truly black rather it is just a black coating on top of the insert? All paint coatings are subject to UV deterioration unless it is the UV resistant type.
They're talking about the numbers on the insert

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Oh, so their so called platinum coating is fake also, lol
Whatever in the mixture it's not just paint. This has been confirmed in another thread where acetone was used to see if coating could be removed. I personally have had zero issues with inserts since noob v8

ZeroFive

Horology Curious
1/6/21
Whatever in the mixture it's not just paint. This has been confirmed in another thread where acetone was used to see if coating could be removed. I personally have had zero issues with inserts since noob v8

Having zero issues, How did you maintain your bezel insert? Thanks

ZeroFive

Horology Curious
1/6/21

Having zero issues, How did you maintain your bezel insert? Thanks

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
Often, the "fading" insert is just accumulated dirt and dust. Believe you me, this gets really hard to clean and looks like it has faded. It really gets into the plating and can not be simply wiped off.

True story: I once had a Noob v7 - those inserts were very dark out of the box. You know what i did? I scratched the numerals "clean" with a fine needle. Scratched all the dirt out of the plating and lo and behold, the insert was actually fine after that treatment.

subhunter101

Known Member
1/6/16
Just got an email from Trusty after 2 weeks of waiting for QC for my clean factory 116610

“Factory called to inform that the stock of this item below is not available:

ROLSUB0354C

Please choose another item to replace and email me back ASAP“

He said he has no idea when they’ll have them again…

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Just got an email from Trusty after 2 weeks of waiting for QC for my clean factory 116610

“Factory called to inform that the stock of this item below is not available:

ROLSUB0354C

Please choose another item to replace and email me back ASAP“

He said he has no idea when they’ll have them again…

I think the makers are more cautious in producing Subs now since they are the hot and most wanted Rollie models for reps and that can attract a higher chance for raids.

GIUSERT

Horology Curious
17/6/21
ITALY
friends, how long does it take before JTIME provides the QCs? I have been waiting for 10 days for a submariner no date

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
friends, how long does it take before JTIME provides the QCs? I have been waiting for 10 days for a submariner no date

Lots of variables, but anything from 12hours to 1month wouldn’t be out of the question. Patient you must be in order to enjoy this hobby :ashame:

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18

Haven't you read post #714 above?
I think CF has a shortfall in supplying Subs.

GIUSERT

Horology Curious
17/6/21
ITALY
hello guys, I finally got my photos! What do you think of this model? Does everything seem okay to you?

fm