• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory New Submariner Series Review (Incl. Comparison Pics vs Gen)

ZeroFive

Horology Curious
1/6/21
yes it's the previous version, I was recommended this as the best replica, I wanted to buy the v3 but he recommended this to me

Why did the TD recommend the previous version when there is already a slightly improved version?

GIUSERT

Horology Curious
17/6/21
ITALY
Why did the TD recommend the previous version when there is already a slightly improved version?

See my screen bro, I wanted to buy the v3 but it was recommended to me as well. Who better than the seller can advise you?

Last edited:

ZeroFive

Horology Curious
1/6/21
yes it's the previous version, I was recommended this as the best replica, I wanted to buy the v3 but he recommended this to me

Glidelock

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/1/21
See my screen bro, I wanted to buy the v3 but it was recommended to me as well. Who better than the seller can advise you?

Dude just go for the CF version (v4). Your TD in the screenshot is right. The cf is better and cheaper.

Reactions: Warrcraft

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I heard - The first CF's were ZZFV2S's, then when V2S stocks ran out CF were shipping ZZFV3 instead (it's the same watch for less $).

Now I understand CF (or ZZF?) have updated the V3 to a case with better crown guards. The watch above appears to be a V3 with the old incorrect GMT style crown guards. Ideally you want to looking for the newer ZZF/CF with updated crown guards (V4?).

It's all very confusing..and it's meant to be. ZZF/CF are the one and same factory (I understand). They created the CF name to sell outdated ZZFV2S stock as a new CF factory watch. They have also been caught out selling 316L as 904L and charging extra for the 904L that wasn't there too.

Last edited:
Reactions: SS72

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
So my CF Hulk came in and I'm a bit conflicted. Build quality is generally on par with VSF. If anything the date alignment and rehaut alignment is better. But one thing I'm disappointed in is the fact that the crystal is not as clear as VSF. The green dial is supposed to pop but the watch just isn't clear like my VSFs and Noob Daytonas are. I definitely need some type of crystal upgrade. Not sure if AR coating would help or just get a new crystal completely.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Which leads to my question, would sending a CF crystal to PROF for AR coating help with the clarity in general or is that just in terms of just reflecting light and the haziness would still stay? My Noob Daytona crystal is crystal clear (better than any VSF I have had) along with my ZF RO and PPF Nautilus. I want that level of clarity cause the dial is very nice, but you can barely tell with this weak crystal.