• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory Batman

FromTheSix

Looking Around
12/6/22
Is the “v1” vs “v2” crystal enough to RL over? I brought it up to JTime and they’re insisting they can’t tell the difference between milky or not.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
The “milky” crystal effect is mainly noticeable from dead strait on due to CF’s multiple equal bevels on the glass which mirrors the light differently from the gen. The gen has a single bevel and very slight bevel at the top edge. You should see the slight reflection of the minute indices in the gens single bevel From straight on. Don’t be confused by the crystal gasket on other angles the gen had this characteristic also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: FromTheSix

FromTheSix

Looking Around
12/6/22
The “milky” crystal effect is mainly noticeable from dead strait on due to CF’s multiple equal bevels on the glass which mirrors the light differently from the gen. The gen has a single bevel and very slight bevel at the top edge. You should see the slight reflection of the minute indices in the gens single bevel From straight on. Don’t be confused by the crystal gasket on other angles the gen had this characteristic also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot for pointing that out. I guess it doesn’t make sense then to red light since nothing is technically wrong with the original crystal.

Theodizee

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/12/20
Thanks a lot for pointing that out. I guess it doesn’t make sense then to red light since nothing is technically wrong with the original crystal.

Imho it depends on what model you have requested. If you have payed for V2 I would RL V1 because it's not what you have asked for. If you don't have specified the specific version it's not a flaw to RL the watch

2fast4lust

Sexpert HorLanLogist
Patron
16/7/21
Dr. Miller's Planet
Imho it depends on what model you have requested. If you have payed for V2 I would RL V1 because it's not what you have asked for. If you don't have specified the specific version it's not a flaw to RL the watch

the "V2" are the models with longer minute hand, "V1" has shorter minute hands.

this talk about the improved crystal are the latest batch released, IMHO if any TD says that they are not able to spot the difference: it means that you better expect obvious milky edges as they have hinted that there is no such version.

garnier

Renowned Member
30/5/12
Does anybody know whether there is also a gmt-master II 116710LN V2 with updated xtal?

Thanks in advance

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
Does anybody know whether there is also a gmt-master II 116710LN V2 with updated xtal?

Thanks in advance

hey bud, i ordered a few weeks ago because i was curious and got one with updated xtal

zAN53Q.jpg

Reactions: garnier

nightowl77

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/6/22
Asia
Having received one recently - they are excellent reps. I would 1000% recommend that anyone strips out the crystal and orders a prof or gen in replacement. Make sure you know your model number as the crystal sizes differ! It's been an expensive mistake for me!

Hi bro, If i change to the prof/gen xtal, thats the only part i need right? nothing else? Mine is stock cf pepsi. Would you mind sharing where to get prof or gen crystal? (part number or anything?) Quite new at this. Thanks alot

FiliGelli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
11/2/17
EU
Sorry for the out of topic but..if anyone is interested on selling his gmt batman cf please pm me.
EU.
Also posted on Wanted section.
Thanks

Pure78

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
Certified
23/2/22
You could check with your dealer if he would be kind enough to have the hytrel ring replaced and modded before shipping it out to you. I've had mine modded before delivery (I am weary of removing the GMT Bezel myself with so many other components) and it works like a charm now.

https://imgur.com/a/G6LlbEx

Next time upload the video also volume at least we can hear the click action

garnier

Renowned Member
30/5/12
Where do you get gen crystals? And how to know you are getting a really genuine xtal? Because I know there are many fake xtals sealed in blisters like the gens