• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory Batman

FiliGelli

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/17
EU
Just received from the td and approved.
I don't know if it is v1 or v2 but it seems good to be a 500€ rep!
439868783656b1d27f5cdaf7701388d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: paolobriatico

Floradays

Horology Curious
21/1/22
Received mine few days ago and I am very impressed! It is my first rep and I actually wanted to buy a gen (Sub or GMT) this year to celebrate my promotion. However, AD visits where so frustrating, annoying and actually demeaning that I finally ended up in this wonderful place :)

Based on the assumption that the movement (already serviced) will hold up a few years, I doubt that I would still buy a gen GMT Batman for wearing even if I would be able to. Pepsi is a different story due to the incorrect brownish bezel insert. I visited a company event during the weekend where lots of guys were rocking Rolex Subs and GMTs and I must admit that on a wrist distance in real life, there is imo virtually no chance the identify any differences between gen and this rep.

The bracelet is as good as I could imagine. I will have to remove one link as it only just fits with easylink in. I have already ordered a Bergeon 1.6mm, this should do the job, right?

Mine has gen crystal, gen dw and gen crown.

Attached little snapshot. The strange look of the 6 on the bezel is caused by a little dust and the lighting. In real life, it is as clean and sharp as the 18. Also, no speed bumps to be seen anywhere.

Rheinischerjung

24/11/18
Can I press the inlay into a gen bezel or do I have to glue it? I have a GMF with gen bezel, spring, washer and want to change that to my new CF GMT but with the CF Inlay. Any ideas?

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Has that information already made it onto the NWBIG list?

Definitely shouldn’t until they fix that horrid dial lume and at least match it to the hands. Sticks out like sore thumb lol

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I have been lurking in this thread and read through every page as far as I can recall. If anyone can confirm and add to my summary below that would be greatly appreciated. I typically buy AP and Patek and have not much knowledge of the Rolex world.

1. CF bezel insert is applied with tape and not pressed as the ARF.
2. CF movement is not a time bomb as the ARF.
3. CF speed bumps appeared to be much more noticeable when first came out, but seems they have improved, ARF has no speed bumps (I think speed bumps refers to the lines that are visible where the blue and black of the bezel insert come together.
4. CF 126 and 116 can both come on jubilee or the other bracelet now because Rolex released the 126 with both recently.
5. CF has milky edges around the edge of the crystal and ARF does not.
6. CF 126 has wrong style movement in it, the CF 116 has correct movement. (I think ARF has correct 116 movement as well but is time bomb.)
7. CF bezel clicks are not crisp and solid because they use a weak spring under the bezel, ARF has crisp clicks.

Based on the above, am I missing any relevant points to help make the most educated decision between CF and ARF?

Also, I cannot seem to find if ARF made a 126? For me, the bezel insert on the CF held on with tape is difficult to accept since some members say it popped off. I don't typically make a lot of modifications to reps so I want to stay stock and not mod.

jkrw247

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/21
I will look for Batman GMF thread thank you. But may I ask why you suggest GMF over CF and ARF?

The bezel action is good and it uses VR3185 which is a stable GMT movement

GMF's bezel insert is also comparable to CF's

Tomtowner93

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/11/18
c34d2f80bcb8c3206cf335668c290159.jpg

Just received this from Purtime does it look like the new non “milky” crystal and longer second hand?

Anaanis

Known Member
11/5/22
From the moon, I watch
c34d2f80bcb8c3206cf335668c290159.jpg

Just received this from Purtime does it look like the new non “milky” crystal and longer second hand?

You just have to look up on the same page in this thread to find a pic of a non milky/gen xtal. This one is milky, but could also be due to the angle of the pic. More than half of the pics on Chrono24 are milky too, so either they all have a fake or an "unhelpful" angle ... nobody notices anyway. If somebody calls you out on it, ask him where he gets his pro knowledge about reps from.

Last edited:

RyanEdwards

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/7/22
Hi guys, Just about to order one from JTime.
from reading above it appears that the main difference between the V1 and V2 is they have improved the dial to less milky and slightly extended the hand. Also the bezel has been improved so no speed bumps on the colour join.
Is that best way to confirm you have latest V2 model?