• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory Batman

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
It is -to me anyway- a cardinal feature of the watch, the ability to follow time in three timezones.
Otherwise why get a GMTII?

I mean watches are jewellery, time-keepers second. In the age of having a pocket calculator, encyclopedia of the entire world at your finger tips. World timing / tracking is not necessary on tools. I understand that people use watches, including myself. I won't have a watch without a date... but realistically, they're fashion accessories. A Casio can do the job... we aesthetically like the design, the brand etc. The function is later...

Plus, further the blue/black of the Batman is the most optimal colour scheme for me. The plain blacks are just too boring, the pepsi too loud and this is just right. I have no intention of ever using the GMT function of the bezel nor the GMT hand. It will be set to my local time to mirror the hour hand.

I doubt I am in the minority either, although I am happy to be corrected. But I doubt it. Smartphones make far better companions for tracking a whole plethora of data. Plus, what you need the time in another country for? Most likely so that you know when to call someone... well hey if your phones out anyway... press the clock function and boom. You know the time everywhere. Not just 3 places.

haha :p

Flock

7/3/16
I mean watches are jewellery, time-keepers second. In the age of having a pocket calculator, encyclopedia of the entire world at your finger tips. World timing / tracking is not necessary on tools. I understand that people use watches, including myself. I won't have a watch without a date... but realistically, they're fashion accessories. A Casio can do the job... we aesthetically like the design, the brand etc. The function is later...

Plus, further the blue/black of the Batman is the most optimal colour scheme for me. The plain blacks are just too boring, the pepsi too loud and this is just right. I have no intention of ever using the GMT function of the bezel nor the GMT hand. It will be set to my local time to mirror the hour hand.

I doubt I am in the minority either, although I am happy to be corrected. But I doubt it. Smartphones make far better companions for tracking a whole plethora of data. Plus, what you need the time in another country for? Most likely so that you know when to call someone... well hey if your phones out anyway... press the clock function and boom. You know the time everywhere. Not just 3 places.

100% agree

iPhone Tapatalk

jayyenn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/9/13

Definitely agree.

When buying my pieces. I look at all the defects first (i.e machining, polishing, alignment and etc) and then the timegraph results last (as long as it's within a normal range I'm fine with it).

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Pretend

Horology Curious
30/10/21
It is -to me anyway- a cardinal feature of the watch, the ability to follow time in three timezones.
Otherwise why get a GMTII?
But you still can, can’t you? At least my GMT rep has a functional bezel and a 4th hand.

Last edited:

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
I must say that part of getting a GMT unit is the nostalgia associated with it, especially those of us who spend hours of our lives in the air and living off suitcases.

And whatever we find on our CF QCs, the quality of reps are so good nowadays - we are truly spoiled ;)

Reactions: Tijdwijzer

coeva166

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/7/19

watchchris

7/7/06
Conus
I got mine last week from Intime. It took a bit of back and forth to finally get it. But after I mentioned other dealers had it, I finally got the watch from Ryan. He has been great and I feel bad for him,
how the market has been so upside down this year.

Reactions: KJ2020

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
Agreed. I usually deal with Hont, Li or to a lesser degree, Eric. All of them would literally take days to get back to your queries whereas in the past, it'll be same day or next day.

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
I wholeheartedly agree that Kj is an invaluable asset and a treasure trove of valuable details and information. In addition he’s a polite and mild mannered. He does all this and asks for nothing in return. A total class act.

[mention]KJ2020 [/mention] [mention]Triplock [/mention] i second that and could not agree more !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

italym21

Known Member
21/3/19
italy
so this new clean 126710blnr don't is affected by change grey color (or line) in the number? right?
but is still a shitty movement of bezel?

I love this gmt.. and wait a decent replica

pixel_junkie

Renowned Member
28/1/12
Conus
so this new clean 126710blnr don't is affected by change grey color (or line) in the number? right?
but is still a shitty movement of bezel?

I love this gmt.. and wait a decent replica

I don’t have the Batman, have the Pepsi but I imagine, they are comparable - the latest Pepsi does not have a bump on the insert, it actually looks great. The movement as far as I know is solid and the bezel action, although not perfect, is not too bad at all. Bezel is seated properly, fairly tight. Really not much to complain.

Reactions: tlander13

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
ba8bfa7d289a412ba57c4f85b872263f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk