• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 4130 Daytonas.

Rocket14

Known Member
22/9/21
Glidelock exists only on Submariner and Sea Dweller afaik... Or do you mean the easylink?

Proof a little knowledge, on my part, is a dangerous thing. I do indeed mean the easy link. Until now I hadn’t appreciated the difference between easy link and glide lock. Everyday is a school day… Do we know if the Clean has the easy link?

Rocket14

Known Member
22/9/21
There's no such thing in the daytona lmao

You are correct, my apologies. I actually meant the easy link. I tried on the gen oysterflex and noted there was easy adjustment. I have a sea dweller and just assumed it was the same mechanism. I received 116500ln and 116519 on oysterflex both ARF and neither had easy adjustment. Worth noting for anyone that orders oysterflex they come as standard in quite a small size. I think mine is an E and an F and I had to add a link from the 116500 bracelet to get it on.

Reactions: mari115

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
For the subdials of black 116500 , it is rolex unique technology where sub look shiny with warmth and matte only under lighting conditions , this is really hard to replicate

My gen dial for the sake of argument

7b9194981cb160bad34ca6fcd0b30392.jpg

257f7a0c0a5c1f0482a17a8e7ad5ae9b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

Beautiful!

ssouthall6

10/10/13
If it’s recommended NOT to use a rep chrono, wouldn’t it make more sense to go with the lower cost EWF or the non-functional ARF?

Part of the reason the CF costs more is the movement. But since people are suggestion not to use the chrono function , why even bother to buy this CF at its higher price point?

You can use the rep Chrono but it's Chinese metal - cheaply made components assembled in suboptimal conditions.

The movement isn't inherently bad, but the tolerances and material quality are going to wear quicker on reps when you use a specific function. It's one of the many reasons gens are more expensive than reps - they're made to last.

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
Proof a little knowledge, on my part, is a dangerous thing. I do indeed mean the easy link. Until now I hadn’t appreciated the difference between easy link and glide lock. Everyday is a school day… Do we know if the Clean has the easy link?

As CF uses the ARF bracelet I can confirm it has the easy link.
Even older CF watches without ARF bracelet have the easylink system. Nowadays it would be a scandal if a high-end repmaker would release a Rolex rep without it :D

Ylijumala

1/3/21
In the Soviet EU
It's one of the many reasons gens are more expensive than reps - they're made to last.
It is not, however, a 30+ times increase or so (comparing rep and gen price), so arguably you will still get much more watch for a bargain (and even moreso with some gen part replacements).

Yeah, yeah, we all know this. Just bringing it out as a counterpoint.

ssouthall6

10/10/13
It is not, however, a 30+ times increase or so (comparing rep and gen price), so arguably you will still get much more watch for a bargain (and even moreso with some gen part replacements).

Yep, you're right of course. Just adding some balance to the argument - obviously nikz will know better as he's serviced many of these, but from my experience (I own 4 noobs currently, sold two previously so six in total) they've all had varying degrees of tolerance in terms of parts.

Some have not had interchangeable gen parts due to a few tolerances being slightly out here or there but generally it's a good movement if serviced and cleaned up. All of mine have been serviced, one or two had problems which were fixable, one would not take a gen part so I had to improvise.

Extra longevity can be achieved by swapping the parts out that come under strain. It's the same with practically every modern Chinese movement.

For context, the Chrono has been absolutely fine on all of my movements. My v2 had a service recently and showed no signs of degradation. It's completely luck of the draw, but generally it will work and is designed to work, unlike ewf, arf etc which will never work.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Ok from those qc photos the midcase is straight as noob i think..

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
Yep, you're right of course. Just adding some balance to the argument - obviously nikz will know better as he's serviced many of these, but from my experience (I own 4 noobs currently, sold two previously so six in total) they've all had varying degrees of tolerance in terms of parts.

Some have not had interchangeable gen parts due to a few tolerances being slightly out here or there but generally it's a good movement if serviced and cleaned up. All of mine have been serviced, one or two had problems which were fixable, one would not take a gen part so I had to improvise.

Extra longevity can be achieved by swapping the parts out that come under strain. It's the same with practically every modern Chinese movement.

For context, the Chrono has been absolutely fine on all of my movements. My v2 had a service recently and showed no signs of degradation. It's completely luck of the draw, but generally it will work and is designed to work, unlike ewf, arf etc which will never work.

That's interesting to hear your experiences on the Chrono. Out of interest, of the noobs you've owned, what's the most frequent you've used the chrono for a single watch?

Ylijumala

1/3/21
In the Soviet EU

Yeah, agree with you there (especially with the timebomb modded 7750). It's really remarkable what Liaoning Peacock have managed to do with their 4130 clone. Seems the few reported issues with gen spec parts are only due to less strict tolerances in the manufacturing process. Obviously you don't get LIGA made parts nor actual parachrom spring etc, but those can be added later if required.

Of course this is not a one-off for them, since VS3135 and VS3235 are also regarded as rather good clones.

ssouthall6

10/10/13

DR D

Horology Curious
7/6/21
It is too shiny but depends on the light.
I feel it's still closer to genuine than CF dial.

I agree completely, I've always wanted a decent black version but I had to reconsider after seeing Li's photos.
The slightly bigger subdials break the harmony of the piece, too hard to unsee imo...

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
finally, my buff dials arrived..(may not be made by buff, but thats where i got them from)

GEN PANDA VS BUFF

jBNrS1.jpg

GEN BLACK VS BUFF

jBN8Cv.jpg

next are other pics of the dials without comparisons, including a buff 116519 dial

jBNPyX.jpg

jBNT4i.jpg

jBNXcb.jpg

jBNC3c.jpg

Reactions: greenbeans

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
finally, my buff dials arrived..(may not be made by buff, but thats where i got them from)

GEN PANDA VS BUFF

jBNrS1.jpg

GEN BLACK VS BUFF

jBN8Cv.jpg

next are other pics of the dials without comparisons, including a buff 116519 dial

Beauty. Where does one source Buff parts if you don't mind me asking?

godknowsifitis904

Horology Curious
2/8/19

Don’t mind if you can share how much? If not convenient, maybe you can pm me?

I cannot unsee what I saw in my noob panda v3 dial and I need a replacement

Sent from the RWI App