• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 4130 Daytonas.

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
I can tell you yes,because i bought this parts for my movement and waiting to install at nikz

Thanks a lot.

Were there any other gen parts you ordered for the movement? Or just these two should be enough to improve the reliability of the chrono function?

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Thanks a lot.

Were there any other gen parts you ordered for the movement? Or just these two should be enough to improve the reliability of the chrono function?

I bought only this two parts because i had issues with resseting chrono second hand (which manny noobs have) so i decided to fix it with gen parts.. common issue with noob chrono second hand

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
I bought only this two parts because i had issues with resseting chrono second hand (which manny noobs have) so i decided to fix it with gen parts.. common issue with noob chrono second hand

Ah I see, just going back through some old threads here on rwi, in particular this one. If you're having an issue with the seconds hand doesn't that warrant also part 4130-360 (Second Wheel)?

Samgobigs

11/2/20
If it’s recommended NOT to use a rep chrono, wouldn’t it make more sense to go with the lower cost EWF or the non-functional ARF?

Part of the reason the CF costs more is the movement. But since people are suggestion not to use the chrono function , why even bother to buy this CF at its higher price point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GGEuroHEADSHOT

Renowned Member
21/8/21
Canada
[mention]Samgobigs [/mention] As you can see from all the nitpicking, there are many indicators / flaws people are searching for on these Daytona reps. Chrono functions aren’t as important to some as the aesthetic qualities of the watch in regards to closest to gen. Clean looks to be the leader now. And it’s not recommended to use the chrono often, but can still be used.

Last edited:

Rocket14

Known Member
22/9/21
My QC, already approved

Does this new Clean Daytona have the glide lock clasp please? Just received my ARF, which I’m delighted with regardless of faux chrono, but it doesn’t have the glide lock which is a great feature on any watch for me. I can confirm the gen has the glide lock. Thanks

rocketman1

Known Member
1/10/18
Does this new Clean Daytona have the glide lock clasp please? Just received my ARF, which I’m delighted with regardless of faux chrono, but it doesn’t have the glide lock which is a great feature on any watch for me. I can confirm the gen has the glide lock. Thanks

Glidelock exists only on Submariner and Sea Dweller afaik... Or do you mean the easylink?

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Looks fantastic, congrats! Looking forward to seeing wrist shots when you receive it :)

Thank you very much mate:thumbsup:
Sure thing, I'll post some detailed pictures when arrived

Tobel

6/7/17
Thanks for the video.
Black dial sub registers look indeed too big. Noob black dial is a better option for 116500LN black.

Noob subdials are too shiny, more like a 116520. This is more visible IMO than subdials that are a quarter of a mm too wide

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Black dial sub registers look indeed too big. Noob black dial is a better option for 116500LN black.

Yep, the black one is just not buyable like that, those donut subdials are an instant tell from far away.

The first thing you see is the proportion of the whole, and the fat subdials totally ruin it.

It's quite annoying to see how they can still go backwards, even if the noob mastered the correct subdial thickness

Last edited:
Reactions: Papagio

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
If it’s recommended NOT to use a rep chrono, wouldn’t it make more sense to go with the lower cost EWF or the non-functional ARF?

Part of the reason the CF costs more is the movement. But since people are suggestion not to use the chrono function , why even bother to buy this CF at its higher price point?

I made this exact same point when everyone was raving about the noob movement back in the day, when the ARF clearly had the superior dial. The consensus was the movement was amazing, but don't use it. It made no sense to me!

I know a lot of members aren't fussed about using the chrono, and that's absolutely fine, we all prioritise different things, to each his own. But I have a great appreciation for the technical aspect and not being able to use the chrono would diminish the experience for me.

So from my understanding, this is the way forward: if the chrono is important to you, then swap out the chronograph wheel and clutch wheel with gen parts to improve the reliability, which I'll be doing. Because I 100% agree with you, part of the Clean cost is the movement, this way I feel like I'm getting the full experience. Otherwise limit the chrono use.

Having said all of that, ignoring the movement the Clean we have now looks clearly a step up from the Noob, (bezel, dial, bracelet) so people in both camps should be satisfied!

Last edited:

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20

For the subdials of black 116500 , it is rolex unique technology where sub look shiny with warmth and matte only under lighting conditions , this is really hard to replicate

My gen dial for the sake of argument

7b9194981cb160bad34ca6fcd0b30392.jpg

257f7a0c0a5c1f0482a17a8e7ad5ae9b.jpg