• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 4130 Daytonas.

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
I use it to time food in the oven, pizzas in my Ooni, things like that. Somewhat useful, but I just prefer the look of a chrono over a 3 hand watch.

Not going to lie, I once used the Tach on the bezel when I got my first Daytona (gen) about 15 years ago. It actually worked!

But you can't set an alarm on a chrono if you're cooking something for a fixed time period, and any Pizza chef will tell you that you judge a Pizza by its' appearance, it's got nothing to do with timings. If you've got your Ooni up to temperature, a pizza should cook in about 90 seconds, and you've got to be constantly turning it anyway (keen Pizza maker here...!).

Impressed that you actually used the Tach on the bezel once though - you're probably the only person I know that has done that!!

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
But you can't set an alarm on a chrono if you're cooking something for a fixed time period, and any Pizza chef will tell you that you judge a Pizza by its' appearance, it's got nothing to do with timings. If you've got your Ooni up to temperature, a pizza should cook in about 90 seconds, and you've got to be constantly turning it anyway (keen Pizza maker here...!).

Impressed that you actually used the Tach on the bezel once though - you're probably the only person I know that has done that!!

LOL - using the Tachymeter is fun. The first time I used it was on my Gen Omega Speedmaster Pro. Had to do some reading first how to use it :D
I also have a Heuer Carrera Cal. 18 with a telemeter bezel. But timing the distance of thunderstorms or artillery fire seems even more irrelevant than measuring speed in your car.

MJH89

Deskdweller
Supporter
Certified
13/1/17
Land of Cream Teas and Roast Dinners

Great, 8 o' clock and I'm already thinking about pizza.
I tried using a tach before using the motorway marker posts and it turns out it's quite tricky to count to the tiny numbers, operate the watch and pay attention to the road and traffic at the same time all to reveal that my speedo was indeed about right. I have a speedmaster build planned which i think the Pulsations bezel would be much more useful - not that I'm a doctor taking pulses regularly.

they use arf bracelets...

Which will mean they have the gen construction with metal ribs.

Last edited:

Eseips

5/4/16
off-topic but I would love a pizza-making instruction with accompanying wrist-pics in the "which rolex are you wearing thread" ???? made some yesterday but my dough is shite, sauce I made myself for over three hours that was pretty nice.

glee79

9/3/17
Trigger pulled on the Clean Daytona white dial from Puretime.
Not suer what to expect from delivery time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tobel

Rocket14

Known Member
22/9/21
they use arf bracelets...

Note, the arf oysterflex doesn’t have the easy link so I’d advise asking your TD if they can supply. Please let me know if you can get hold of it as I have the 116519 on oflex and I find the easy link very useful. Also worth noting the oflex is small as standard, luckily I bought the 116500 at the same time and used a link from that bracelet to extend the oflex.

takks

7/8/15
Comparison C and N
CF on the left, Noob on the right
d1f5bf5ad1253ad09daad0afbc9d40db.jpg

CF
dee97ee1b372869b986763fefa2c3b62.jpg

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Comparison C and N
CF on the left, Noob on the right
d1f5bf5ad1253ad09daad0afbc9d40db.jpg

CF
dee97ee1b372869b986763fefa2c3b62.jpg

Nope bro,both are clean,same stickers on both endlinks,also super tight sels and thinner lugs as on clean samples

GGEuroHEADSHOT

Renowned Member
21/8/21
Canada
I use it to time food in the oven, pizzas in my Ooni, things like that. Somewhat useful, but I just prefer the look of a chrono over a 3 hand watch.

Not going to lie, I once used the Tach on the bezel when I got my first Daytona (gen) about 15 years ago. It actually worked!

Just google Ooni pizza oven, I’m definitely buying one!! Currently laying in bed morning time dreaming about pizza

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Just google Ooni pizza oven, I’m definitely buying one!! Currently laying in bed morning time dreaming about pizza

It is the best purchase I ever made! We don't use it much in the cold weather, but I can't tell you how many people asked for my pizza! I have the base version which is super portable. I can't remember how many times I have hosted friends/family and how many times I just whipped up some pizza by my in laws when nobody wanted to eat her food lol.

Reactions: tlander13

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09

Of course I go by appearance as well, but I do the 30 second then turn the pizza around and do another 30 seconds. After that I check the appearance and see if it is ready to consume. Daytona is definitely helpful

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Payment approved, 2-3 weeks for QC.

From which dealer?

I have been waiting a week for QC, not a big deal, but if its more than 2-3 weeks I will just cancel and wait until the next batch comes out as I am not exactly thrilled with what I have been seeing (white 116500)