• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Chinese brands that scratch the "itch"

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
Pagani makes FANTASTIC 1016 clones IMO. Really high quality, good crystal, good size.
Which one you referring to? There's a few in the summer sale at the moment. I agree too, at these price points you can't argue.

Reactions: Sweetrep

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
  • Love
Reactions: Got20Mate

Got20Mate

Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
Anyone got one of these? Been wanting to try it but at £350 it's a bit more of a decision.

KRha33.webp

• Love
Reactions: Daytona22

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Anyone got one of these? Been wanting to try it but at £350 it's a bit more of a decision.

KRha33.webp

I have the previous version with a 7750
Perfect summer and beach watch if you don’t want to wear a rep

Fit and finish to level of BTF easy

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region

KRha33.webp

The dial, indices and hands are really nice
But you need to be able to bear the Sugess print. I always felt it cheapens the watch. They rather should have put an applied stylized logo like San Martin is doing now

Got20Mate

Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
The dial, indices and hands are really nice
But you need to be able to bear the Sugess print. I always felt it cheapens the watch. They rather should have put an applied stylized logo like San Martin is doing now
Yeah I think you're right, but then again it's something I could live with - 12.5mm thick as well which is pretty good

Reactions: Karbon74

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Yeah I think you're right, but then again it's something I could live with - 12.5mm thick as well which is pretty good
On the wrist, you don’t see the Sugess.
And funnily enough, this watch has been complimented by random strangers. Two beach barmen in Italy and some restaurant serving staff…i think all of them thought it was a Dayto 😂

The chrono seconds hand hide the 12 index and the overall print of Sugess and under have the right proportions

Just one thing to note. The model you quote has engraved rehaut with SUGESS, mine has sterile rehaut

• Haha

Got20Mate

Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
On the wrist, you don’t see the Sugess.
And funnily enough, this watch has been complimented by random strangers. Two beach barmen in Italy and some restaurant serving staff…i think all of them thought it was a Dayto 😂

The chrono seconds hand hide the 12 index and the overall print of Sugess and under have the right proportions

Just one thing to note. The model you quote has engraved rehaut with SUGESS, mine has sterile rehaut
Thanks for the information man, I'm gonna order one

Sweetrep

The jerk store called
Certified
24/7/23
US
The real question is whether it is Shu-gess like “Sugar” or ”Suge Knight”, or is it Suh-jess as in “suggestion”?

This is the only reason I don’t already have one of their beautiful looking moonphase pieces.

Got20Mate

Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
Ah man, there's a thought process I didn't have in mind for today!

I'm going with "Soo-Guess"

Reactions: Reaps and Sweetrep

Sweetrep

The jerk store called
Certified
24/7/23
US
This is the Shug-phase I’m eyeing - it’s actually not the name that’s holding me off but the fact that I don’t have a winder and the idea of resetting a moon phase each time I wear.

Got20Mate

Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
This is the Shug-phase I’m eyeing - it’s actually not the name that’s holding me off but the fact that I don’t have a winder and the idea of resetting a moon phase each time I wear.
Really nice, I've looked at this a few times and the finish of this brand is pretty good - I'd imagine the execution would be pretty good

Sweetrep

The jerk store called
Certified
24/7/23
US
Speaking of handsome chronos, anyone handled the WD1861 that’s been buzzing lately? Clearly notches below the Sugess in finish but at least they went with the graphic logo approach like @Karbon74 mentioned.

Got20Mate

Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
Speaking of handsome chronos, anyone handled the WD1861 that’s been buzzing lately? Clearly notches below the Sugess in finish but at least they went with the graphic logo approach like @Karbon74 mentioned.

Got one on the way, will report back. Reviews across the board seem pretty good for sure

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region

Now, I had a Sugess dress watch with an open heart on the balance wheel

Nice watch but the expected exceptional finish of a dress was not there

Andrew_watchlist

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
28/4/24
I took a chance on a steeldive, Pepsi style, absolutely garbage, the nastiest feeling bezel, lousy time keeping. Threw it away.