• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Chinese brands that scratch the "itch"

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California
I've been on a long watch journey where my taste has changed dramatically throughout the years. I'm amazed over and over again what cool amd unique watches are out there for relatively little money . . .

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
The only issues I see with those new Chinese brands are their branding and their logo 🥲

That San Martin Ranger is one done well, the rest are meh.

panagi and tactical from actually have nice logos, they should just drop the brand naming.

And don’t get me started with Sugess. They make a BTF level Daytona, including a splendid dial and a great movement…then they slap on a stupid text and font on it

Reactions: nickelodeon

Sweetrep

The jerk store called
Certified
24/7/23
US
The only issues I see with those new Chinese brands are their branding and their logo 🥲

That San Martin Ranger is one done well, the rest are meh.

panagi and tactical from actually have nice logos, they should just drop the brand naming.

And don’t get me started with Sugess. They make a BTF level Daytona, including a splendid dial and a great movement…then they slap on a stupid text and font on it
Don’t you meh my special cheap Chinese watches! 😜

I do agree on names, I try to stick with the ones that are actually pronounceable, rather than just a mashup of random vowels and consonants (looking at you, RDUNAE…)

If they used logos only I don’t think many could distinguish between these and western brands.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Don’t you meh my special cheap Chinese watches! 😜

I do agree on names, I try to stick with the ones that are actually pronounceable, rather than just a mashup of random vowels and consonants (looking at you, RDUNAE…)

If they used logos only I don’t think many could distinguish between these and western brands.

I love my Sugess Daytona V2…only retired it now because I bought a 116500 rep

This is a Pagani mod. the case is awesome

Sweetrep

The jerk store called
Certified
24/7/23
US
I love my Sugess Daytona V2…only retired it now because I bought a 116500 rep

This is a Pagani mod. the case is awesome

That Deadpool mod is also 🔥The pagani case is so much better than the plastic, love all these mods.

Reactions: Karbon74

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
Some of my favorites have been Chinese watches, the fun per $ factor is off the charts with these. No quality issues to speak of whatsoever.
Some nice choices here for sure. Good classic designs that meet the "look" test - whether they would stay in my collection for longer than a few months? Difficult to say for sure.

Reactions: Sweetrep

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
KuY9xX.jpeg

Just had the Baltany 36mm explorer turn up and have to say, impressed. Nice offering that's finished well. Went with the red brown dial in the end

redj0hn

Getting To Know The Place
26/5/24
I had a Pagani once. Gave it away to some kid. Felt weird wearing it