• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cartier Crash

m1994

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/17
I find it surprising that they haven't released this rep yet.

Its popularity keeps growing, and more and more people want it (including us hehe)

Reactions: Niko1U

ManateeWatch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/12/18
Does anybody know any goldsmith oder Modder willing to work on the case with me? I have a 3D scan of a cartier crash and have worked with a 3d Artist to create a 3d-printable model or all the case Parts of the crash. I also sourced three original movements suitable for a 1981 crash and now need a goldsmith/modder, that can help turn the 3d-model into a gold case and I need someone that can work on the dials and glas wth me. I plan on selling two of these watches to forum members... if anyone has any Idea on a suitable partner for this project, let me know! thanks

Niko1U

Horology Curious
25/1/21
Germany
This sounds exciting. I thought about 3d printing myself but didn't have a model etc.
I read about silver castings from 3d prints and that some companies provide the service, I assume the same can be done with gold, but i don't know any companys myself. Good luck and hopefully someone here has the right contacts!

Reactions: ManateeWatch

fab996

Horology Curious
6/4/20
Austria
Does anybody know any goldsmith oder Modder willing to work on the case with me? I have a 3D scan of a cartier crash and have worked with a 3d Artist to create a 3d-printable model or all the case Parts of the crash. I also sourced three original movements suitable for a 1981 crash and now need a goldsmith/modder, that can help turn the 3d-model into a gold case and I need someone that can work on the dials and glas wth me. I plan on selling two of these watches to forum members... if anyone has any Idea on a suitable partner for this project, let me know! thanks
I dont know where you are based, but there is this page Xometry - Maybe they wold work on a project like that. I had the same idea, since I have found a 3D Model online