• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Calatrava 5226G

rockdaytona

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
Back and sides as requested.

F865-E743-4258-4178-B43-C-45-CB3146-B40-D.jpg

Note the two piece case construction and see how the case back and lugs are one single piece? Pretty cool but when anyone figures out how to open it, please let me know :ROFLMAO:

EB6-C524-D-8173-4-A90-9-C68-39-E7197-E0-DA7.jpg

D15-EA77-C-10-B3-4404-8-E58-9-F48331-BE128.jpg
Are you enjoying it! Was going to get a Hamilton Murph in gen ($900) but this is a strong contender.

zinduna

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
4/7/09
Yes, cool watch. It's getting lots of wrist time. Took a bit to get used to but I've bonded nicely now.

Reactions: rockdaytona

oceaon

Lost time is never found again.
Banned
27/1/22
US
So you prefer the PPF?
I do. The dial is better. The dial itself has more depth, the numbers are correct font, and the lume is much better. The black strap is better too. Not by much, as I will probably still add a gen leather to it, but the overall fit and finish is better on the PPF. The crown is better, too, as its flush with the case.

Last edited:
Reactions: rockdaytona

rockdaytona

Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
I do. The dial is better. The dial itself has more depth, the numbers are correct font, and the lume is much better. The black strap is better too. Not by much, as I will probably still add a gen leather to it, but the overall fit and finish is better on the PPF. The crown is better, too, as its flush with the case.
Considering it over the gen Hamilton Murph 38mm

rockdaytona

Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
Can you please show us the lume??

Pedalo

Meep meep meep
7/5/22
Australia
Stupid question but are the ones aligned ok? I assume its the light and the glass that makes it look wonky for the double digits. I know usually it looks off in photos but not to the naked eye in many cases.

oceaon

Banned
27/1/22
US
@rockdaytona i meant the lume on the numbers in natural light not night lume.

And yes in photos the double digits always look wonky. It’s the way the chrome bends light. Looks fine in person

Reactions: Pedalo

Pedalo

Meep meep meep
7/5/22
Australia
Am I right in thinking the 2 dial colours from Steve are actually the same watch from PPF but just different straps? The site shows a black dial and a grey dial but I think they are the same.

oceaon

Banned
27/1/22
US
Am I right in thinking the 2 dial colours from Steve are actually the same watch from PPF but just different straps? The site shows a black dial and a grey dial but I think they are the same.
Yes, they are the same watch, but they have different straps. I wish I would have ordered both, as I want to try out the nubuck strap.

Reactions: Pedalo

flyingdoc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/9/22

You guys are killing me... After johnlogans QC pics I thought they might have upgraded the HKF version and went for it instead of the PPF. After seeing the following PPF shots I am not that sure anymore. Do you have any wrist shots ? Still debating if I should change the order.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
You guys are killing me... After johnlogans QC pics I thought they might have upgraded the HKF version and went for it instead of the PPF. After seeing the following PPF shots I am not that sure anymore. Do you have any wrist shots ? Still debating if I should change the order.
I will post a few later today! Craftmanship is insane. Dial looks amazing. Strap is very nice.