• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Calatrava 5226G

rongxike

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/12/19
Earth
I will wait for more versions and from some other factories. I personally like this series very much.

WatchYourMouth

Horology Curious
3/1/20
Right off the bat the pad printed seconds markers are very thin compared to retail. Obviously the appeal of the watch is the dial, and from pics it looks pretty glossy. I think there will be better reps in the future.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
This watch is in white gold in gen. No repmaker can make a convincing rep of this without white gold plating the stainless steel.
SS looks too different irl than white gold. The Pateks after 2006 are not rhodium plated anymore and therefore have a warm yellow hue. Not like SS which has a cold grey hue.

For me that’s a no go. A stainless steel rep imitating a white gold watch is too obvious a tell for me personally.

The ones who don’t agree should go to a local Patek AD and see for themselves. If you are not color blind you can see the difference from several meters away.

Reactions: BIONONE

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Love this model. Will have to see it irl to see if it looks the part. I’m not good with making conclusions from pics

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Meicmo84

14/11/20
Asia
There seem to be 2-3 factories out there by now making the 5226g. Anyone got any of these? Any QC pictures? A bit surprised that there is not more traction about this model here in RWI

Qoqa

22/2/21
HKF seems to be the only one on point if we look at the case. I'd love to see a video of this rep, the gen one has the dial a little shiny.

And about the SS instead of gold.. IDK... But it will be good enough for 99% of the population anyway

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
The date font and date wheel placement looks horrible in the GRF and ESF. Looks much better in HKF.

It seems to me that the other factories took a HKF and replicated it. Didn’t go well

Here’s a vid, kinda interested in this watch too. Trusty has 3 different factory versions with all the same case thickness, I am doubting that (looking at various vids)

-2 HK百达翡丽全新Calatrava系列5226 https://m.youku.com/mid_video/id_XN...gv&sharekey=ca204a4d27411ccb3058778accdffbda4

And from this video the HKF thickness also looks better, even though it’s almost 1.5mm thicker than gen, which is 8.53mm.

Reactions: RedBearrd

Chris8535

Known Member
29/3/16
I’ve just ordered the 5226G from the HKG factory.

They don’t look amazing and I tried to color correct based on the background to see if I can make the images more accurate. Obviously the 456 indices are pretty far off and the color of the lume seems to dark but impossible to tell with the cameras. I OKd it and will post a review when it arrives.

Qoqa

22/2/21
Tha'ts very kind to post more picture (with natural light if you can please !)

I tried the gen, the dial is a bit shinny, I'd love to see if the managed to get that on the rep.

Reactions: Chris8535

Chris8535

Known Member
29/3/16
It has some flaws like the strap color and the lume color are too dark imo. But overall it’s a really nice watch. Strap suede quality is surprisingly good. The sail fly strap I got as well is junk tho. Bummer.

Chris8535

Known Member
29/3/16
Few more thoughts after wearing it.

Obviously the 4 and 5 are way off but you don’t really notice as the 4 is how other field watches are done by Patek. The lume looks annoyingly dark beige/green in darker light. I assume this is not how the original looks and they simply can’t mix the lume to match.

Thickness is right on. Overall the case feels perfect.

Patek label on the dial was stamped sloppily and smeared ever so slightly.

The overall watch is interesting 40mm feels really big for this design as 38 or 39 seems a bit more appropriate. Overall 40 makes its very modern. The hobnail on the side is great probably much sharper on the real one but a very unique touch to the slab side of the watch. Dark Sunburst dial is great.

The side strap is a dream but the sail fly one would wear well with more outfits if it didn’t suck so badly. Overall it wears more commonly than your average Patek.

I like it but I’ll have to buy again with better lume color.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

Qoqa

22/2/21
Thank you for the pictures and the details !

Enjoy it well mate

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Gen pics, excuse the absolutely terrible lighting that was in the store.

zd61Pb.jpg

zd6yoi.jpg

zd6OgX.jpg