• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BTF platinum Daytona

Bullflo3

Supporter
Certified
13/2/18
Pics show 950PT on the bracelet for platinum reference but in the video it shows 750.

Ah0rsey

18 hands high, bushy mane.
Patron
Certified
9/8/22
uk
the weight of the Platona for my weedy 7" wrists was too much when I tried one on anyway. So this one is perfect then "most" of the looks "some" of the weight......at a fraction of the price!!!!! where do I sign up (y)

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Great video. I don't speak Chinese, but I used Google to translate the subtitles. It seems like the main issues are:
  1. The case is the right shape / profile.
  2. The case marking should be 950PT not Pt950 (I'm not sure about this, I've seen Gens on Chrono24 with so many variations of the PT950 mark)
  3. The dial is not blue enough.
  4. The clasp has the wrong code engraved into it. It should be PT950 not 750.
  5. The diamond markers don't "flash" and some of them seem to have black stuff underneath the markers.
Does someone who is a native Chinese speaker want to correct my Google translation?

Reactions: Duckber

cranestep

Known Member
26/5/22
Great video. I don't speak Chinese, but I used Google to translate the subtitles. It seems like the main issues are:
  2. The case marking should be 950PT not Pt950 (I'm not sure about this, I've seen Gens on Chrono24 with so many variations of the PT950 mark)
  5. The diamond markers don't "flash" and some of them seem to have black stuff underneath the markers.
Does someone who is a native Chinese speaker want to correct my Google translation?
Native here, you got everything right.

Some add up is that I saw some other review says the clasp is correct, not sure which one is the final product.

The diamond should be using the cheapest Zircon, typical BTF.

Reactions: dogwood

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19

Thanks for translating. Question though, what magic did you use to google translate the subtitles hardcoded into the video?

Reactions: Thunderdog

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Thanks for translating. Question though, what magic did you use to google translate the subtitles hardcoded into the video?

Play the video on a computer, when the subtitles appear/change hit the spacebar to pause the video. Then use the google translate app on your phone and select to translate from camera. Point the camera at the screen. Read subtitle. Hit space to continue video until the next subtitle change.

Elegant? No. Functional? Yes.

GGEuroHEADSHOT

Renowned Member
21/8/21
Canada
I think the dial will be hard to get similar to gen, even when new versions come out. Like a hulk gen dial vs current ZF rep- except on crystal meth for this one :) That blue is something else

Reactions: KJ2020

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
I think the dial will be hard to get similar to gen, even when new versions come out. Like a hulk gen dial vs current ZF rep- except on crystal meth for this one :) That blue is something else

BT Platinum Daytona dail factory...

breaking bad meth GIF

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Definitely looking a tad light and washed out on the version with baguette markers. I’m guessing they based the final colour off online pictures unfortunately.

I was wondering if it was just me where the baguette dial is washed out compared to the standard dial. Thought it may just be lighting but yeah, very weird.

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Supporter
Certified
16/4/22
What is incorrect about the hands on the non-diamond version? I'm looking at side by side and my smooth brain isn't seeing a difference?

Thunderdog

Looking Around
3/1/22
Play the video on a computer, when the subtitles appear/change hit the spacebar to pause the video. Then use the google translate app on your phone and select to translate from camera. Point the camera at the screen. Read subtitle. Hit space to continue video until the next subtitle change.

Elegant? No. Functional? Yes.
Very clever!