• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Brushed as per gen - what the hell does this mean?

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Certified
13/10/16
Das mag sein aber das bearbeiten mit einer Lapidier Machine macht im grunde alles möglich.
Und dies war nur ein bsp. ;)
Die Bexel Phase die in diesem Gehäuse ist wird z.b. auch erst zum schluss mit der Lapidier Machine gemacht.
OK now ... I see what you mean [emoji6]

Sent from the RWI App

JackJ1980

Mythical Poster
20/6/16
@2fake4u and @jack1980 sorry you guys got a little undeserved wrath, I'm sure you well know who I don't like as I see them back you up and Visa Versa. No big deal. I felt like this was an important thread that was getting derailed with silliness. I'm not opposed to that but when it interferes or disparages the good work of others I get pissed. I know what BS as per gen work there is out there but there is also work that deserves to be rated as very very close to factory spec.
I would agree there's professional brushing and there's amateur brushing. I've seen a few people I think brush very well. I'm an amateur and never charge for it when I do it. I've got all the same stuff but not the experience yet (lathe, dremel, fiberglass pens, sandpaper pencils, 3m paper, etc). It's all good thrasher. It's hard to understand intent on the internet. I've been guilty of it also

Johnny Depp

WATCHMAKER
Certified
30/12/14
ITALY
@2fake4u @maxracingshox @JackJ1980
No one is saying that work is dear. As I said earlier, sometimes I also give the brushing. So how do you say I'm dear ?? This discussion has gone further. No one here called you for brushing. If, as you say, you are capable, then buy machinery and do the jobs. It will be people, customers to tell whether you are right or wrong. It is not appreciated for sympathy. Discussions are being made to improve, not to despise the work of others. Each one has its own methods, each one has its own working techniques, each one has its own types of machines. If the customer requests a service, I have to do it. Like all of you modder of the rest.
Everyone earns us here on RWI !!
If you are not well, be patient.
Nobody here does the job without profit, you lose time, you invest money to improve the service. None of you worked in rolex factories, all talking about hearing or seeing genuine.

@Thrasher thanks for supporting
but obviously I'm putting the stick between the wheels to some of them.

I think I will not answer this discussion anymore. because I am very busy with the job. thank you

Jonj480

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
3/11/14
I am not disputing the quality of anyone’s work. In fact, I have commented many times on @Johnny Depp sales threads, because I think he does awesome work. There have been a few of his offerings where I wished he was in CONUS to make it easier to buy, to be truthful...

That being said, theoretically, M2M should be no profiteering. I have no issue with someone profiteering from a service or product they provide, but if you are gonna do that, you should probably be a supporting vendor and have your own section. I believe that is why prof has his own section now and doesn’t list his watches on M2M. BK offers a service, and gets paid for it, and sells his watches in his section. When there is too much of this going on in M2M, it gives people ideas that can’t perform to the level of Johnny or some of the other modders, that they can charge for a basement hack job and attempt to profit on M2M sales.

LarryZek

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/3/17
Isn't there only English allowed in the general forum...?

2fake4u

Put Some Respect On My Name
20/9/16
No one is saying that work is dear. As I said earlier, sometimes I also give the brushing. So how do you say I'm dear ?? This discussion has gone further. No one here called you for brushing. If, as you say, you are capable, then buy machinery and do the jobs. It will be people, customers to tell whether you are right or wrong. It is not appreciated for sympathy. Discussions are being made to improve, not to despise the work of others. Each one has its own methods, each one has its own working techniques, each one has its own types of machines. If the customer requests a service, I have to do it. Like all of you modder of the rest.
Nobody here does the job without profit, you lose time, you invest money to improve the service. None of you worked in rolex factories, all talking about hearing or seeing genuine.

I think I will not answer this discussion anymore. because I am very busy with the job. thank you
I feel like you are missing a lot of what is being said. I understand you're not good with English and I'm terrible with Italian.

But i think @Jonj480 brings up a good point. Why don't you become a supporting vendor? That way no one can question how much you charge.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Isn't there only English allowed in the general forum...?
Quite. Gentlemen this is an ENGLISH speaking forum. We tolerate the American brand of English (as much as I loath its impact on English as she is spake) but that's the limit outside of the specific foreign language sections. Please, stick to English so everyone can understand what is being said.

Soldier2304

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/17
All this brushing as per gen is still a theory to be honest. We have reps coming out of factories with very very good “brushing/polishing as per gen” bracelets such as the new ARF Daytona’s bracelet among others. This is something that is very hard to prove in pictures and can only be seen perhaps with Macros. And to be honest, i have yet to see a bracelet polished like THIS by any of these modders:
View attachment 81466

JackJ1980

Mythical Poster
20/6/16

I think you totally misread everything I said @Johnny Depp I never said what you did was bad or anything. In fact if you read you'd see I called you a professional and I've complimented on numerous threads and via PM for christs sake. Once again why are people not reading before assuming intent. Now I kind of am since I literally just defended you before this post. If you don't understand the language and aren't sure what is being said, have someone translate before jumping down my throat again. I said clearly - I'm an amateur. I can't charge for my work. I'm not trying to. I do it for myself, like when I add a Prof and when I sell it's a just a perk or a detriment depending on who's buying and how they think I did. I don't do mods for others but for myself and lose my ass every time. People are getting too sensitive and jumping to conclusions too quickly.

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
Let me give my feedback as well pls..

This is work by @Johnny Depp for a YM now belongs to my friend @ts0ts0s, next to my gen DJ2, as you can see its spot on to the gen..
79b4476c0ef4b382f8ffb40151b985bd.jpg

JackJ1980

Mythical Poster
20/6/16
If he wants opinions on his work, he can post the questions himself - we're all wearing our Big Boy Pants here..
Constructive. Thank you

I just deleted it. I don't feel like another touchy person jumping in.