• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bronzo watch thread

Dinkis

Supporter
Certified
23/8/15
Michigan, USA
Hey guys, I’m deciding between which to get for my first bronzo - I’m considering either the Tudor Black Bay Bucherer, or the Panerai 382.

I think I like the Panerai better, but I have a 6.3-6.4 inch wrist, so I’m not sure if I could pull off a 47mm watch.

Do other guys with skinnier wrists have the PAM382?

You’ll be surprised how well it wears. I? have a skinny wrist and I? passed on this watch for this reason for years. Try it! It will soon be your favorite piece. The way the case ages is fun. It doesn’t look silly big at all. I’d recommend getting it serviced straight away with a pressure test and seals examined. This way you can get it wet.
0afa2dd28c6923b17b66c818524f1595.jpg

Skinny wrist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rotador

I'm Pretty Popular
28/9/14
Current state of my 382 after I tried bathing it in some diluted pool chlorine solution. Maybe it was too concentrated and the chlorine dissolved the gasket grease around the crown? Is this possible??

04bd1619596f2653ef33fb5b32436b70.jpg
bbb3f24c8db832e1409cf72b7d002d38.jpg
It's hard to believe. Did you do a waterproof test before?

Antiqueleatherstraps on ebay - awesome straps for @ $19.
That ebay seller makes very nice straps. They are very comfortable, too. Also, the price is reasonable and shipping is fast.

IMG_9513.jpg

_MG_1718.jpg

Hamilton Leather
Awesome bucke, Thrasher. Is it real bronze or coated steel?

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach

That ebay seller makes very nice straps. They are very comfortable, too. Also, the price is reasonable and shipping is fast.

Awesome bucke, Thrasher. Is it real bronze or coated steel?

I got it from Sead back when the Bronzo first appeared in 2014, It was like $55 I think. I'm pretty sure it's solid

up_right

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/17
Spain

Definitely waterproofed it the first day I got it. I bought some swimming pool grade chlorine from the supermarket (mercadona brand) and I feel like that may have dissolved the gasket grease. Maybe too concentrated?!? Not sure, but that's my best guess.

voxx

15/2/16
That's very eye-opening what happened to your watch up_right .. I guess I was just lucky because I did the chlorine trick way before having my watch water tested. Maybe it was as you mentioned a case of the chlorine being too concentrated and it dissolved the gasket grease. The chlorine I used was a powder and made to dissolve in water ...it probably was not as strong as the liquid you used. I took it swimming many many times after the chlorine and had no problems.

up_right

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/17
Spain
That's very eye-opening what happened to your watch up_right .. I guess I was just lucky because I did the chlorine trick way before having my watch water tested. Maybe it was as you mentioned a case of the chlorine being too concentrated and it dissolved the gasket grease. The chlorine I used was a powder and made to dissolve in water ...it probably was not as strong as the liquid you used. I took it swimming many many times after the chlorine and had no problems.

I also swam with the watch many times previous to the accident and no problems

The chlorine also came in powder form.

Anyway, the ordeal gave me a real excuse to take the watch apart and examine the parts. I think I can actually salvage the movement, perhaps there is only one gear that might be too rusty to clean.

BTW, if you guys want photos of a step-by-step teardown of the custom made 'P.9000' a7750 VSF, I will be happy to share.

D

d4m.test

Hey guys quick question. For the PAM671, what year was it made. S or T?

At toro they have both and if you look at the back of the watch, the word were it says (31) JEWELS the S model matches the pics on the Panerai site since the S letter (from JEWELS) falls under the screw where the T version, it is before the screw.

S: http://www.tb-688.com/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=671&product_id=2486
T: http://www.tb-688.com/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=671&product_id=2462

Looking at the movement The S version matches Gen more than the T version.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Hey guys quick question. For the PAM671, what year was it made. S or T?

At toro they have both and if you look at the back of the watch, the word were it says (31) JEWELS the S model matches the pics on the Panerai site since the S letter (from JEWELS) falls under the screw where the T version, it is before the screw.

S: http://www.tb-688.com/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=671&product_id=2486
T: http://www.tb-688.com/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=671&product_id=2462

Looking at the movement The S version matches Gen more than the T version.

The correct series for the PAM671 is the T-series. As for your comparison using the placement of letters under the screw, it is interesting but the movement will be a more glaring difference if the balance wheel is not @11 like the gen P.9010 movement.

RG417

I'm Pretty Popular
19/10/12
This is really nice result [emoji106][emoji106]gave it the golden shiny looks [emoji7][emoji7]which I really prefer

Did you use coke to clean your watch ?

Is it VS version

Thank for sharing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes it's vsf and used coke for 20 mins and later autosol brush with detergent.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

AxiAziz

27/10/16
EU
Guys, did onyone can find a chip bronze buckle on aliex...?
Because i find many silver and black, ok, but can not find bronze ones...

Thanks.

replikmaster

I'm Pretty Popular
19/1/11
Nice strap and buckle. where did you purchase them form ?
Also is the Pearl at 12 on the Bezel really green when the lume is not charged?

Oh I’m sorry
Only saw your message this morning!
The strap is from Carlottin at Ebay, the buckle is from Arunas, also at Ebay

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

voxx

15/2/16
Guys, did onyone can find a chip bronze buckle on aliex...?
Because i find many silver and black, ok, but can not find bronze ones...

Thanks.
search VEGENARI on AEX ...they may be out of stock but mostly have others soon if that's the case. Nice and inexpensive pig buckles in bronze

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
search VEGENARI on AEX ...they may be out of stock but mostly have others soon if that's the case. Nice and inexpensive pig buckles in bronze

I think you meant VAGENARI not VEGENARI. ;)