• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which IWC

tradingra

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
26/12/15
Hi all,

I have read about this question being answered partly on other threads but am seeking some specific guidance from my wiser friends here.

I really love this watch - the new portuguese 7 day 5007 especially the black one (http://www.iwc.com/en/collection/portugieser/IW5007).
However I understand that since it was released (the rep version) a couple of months ago, there have been numerous issues with reliability of the movement. I have also read about the se@6 issue with the other chromo models.

Could my more informed friends advise me on any other similar looking models which one can buy without worrying about stability? Something that looks amazing and is super rep and with stable movement.

I am looking at ordering the IWC now as I need one before heading out overseas shortly.

Lastly, just like we have people like BK or TC who mod and QC submariners, are there any recommended modders for IWCs? I thought I read something on one of the threads but cant find it anymore.

many thanks in advance

Steve

shewie

Renowned Member
27/9/14
London
2DSQ3TQ.png

Keentje

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/7/13
Only about 10 people complained so far about the 5001 movement. Many more been sold.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12

Sorry, but that isn't true. Many reps are sold the last years and yes some of them have problems with the movements. But the most of them simply and still work. You can also have problems with gen movements.
[MENTION=117906]tradingra[/MENTION]: this is a rep of the 5001 not the 5007. Keep this in mind and the most "flaws" or differences are gone. The sec@6 issue is NOT a problem of the 5001 because the 5001 doesn't have a 7750 with sec@6 inside. So feel save to buy this beauty. The only advance of the V2 is an updated movement plate which makes the movement look closer to gen. But: how will see the back of your watch (movement) and who is really able to spot the difference between the rep movement and the gen movement?

IWC modders - there were some in the past. Nowadays the last one AFAIK is Domenico in germany. He is a genius in modding and repairing watches, also IWC like sec@6 problems or frankening 3714. But he has long waiting times (3-4 months).

tradingra

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
26/12/15
Sorry, but that isn't true. Many reps are sold the last years and yes some of them have problems with the movements. But the most of them simply and still work. You can also have problems with gen movements.
@tradingra: this is a rep of the 5001 not the 5007. Keep this in mind and the most "flaws" or differences are gone. The sec@6 issue is NOT a problem of the 5001 because the 5001 doesn't have a 7750 with sec@6 inside. So feel save to buy this beauty. The only advance of the V2 is an updated movement plate which makes the movement look closer to gen. But: how will see the back of your watch (movement) and who is really able to spot the difference between the rep movement and the gen movement?

IWC modders - there were some in the past. Nowadays the last one AFAIK is Domenico in germany. He is a genius in modding and repairing watches, also IWC like sec@6 problems or frankening 3714. But he has long waiting times (3-4 months).

Thanks much higginsd. This is all I need. What the heck it's only a 400 dollar rep. Just need to decide which Color I want. Thank you again

Grafeno

Known Member
8/9/15
Melilla
Is this a 50007 or a 50001? Intime lists this as a 50007. I understand it is really a 50001 no matter what is called?

jlinsobe

Horology Curious
28/4/15
"sad but true". Reminds me of my Abstract Algebra professor, Dr Stepp: "It is sad but true , you just got a C+"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grafeno

Known Member
8/9/15
Melilla
To me it was always happy whenever a "put name of difficult college subjeft here" professor gave me c+... Better than a D!