• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bronzo watch thread

xaneda

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/15
This is a really nice thread @xaneda

I don't know if you can share with us how to take the movement out & put back Again

or may if you have a link for a tutorial to show how to do it

Thank you!

I had my local watch smith to help me with the removal and installation of the movement. Lol.

I am not so brave to attempt to try to do so.

He say there is this catch when u remove the crown. If u mess that up, it is 'good game' for u. Lol.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
This is my favorite strap for my Bronzo: APB special tanning.
IMG_0694_zps1lmhwun5.jpg

watchmaninpa

Known Member
15/3/16
If I understood the post on watchonista correctly (it comes off as the writer is not a native English speaker), the trend for stainless watches is to be shiny, with a lot of use of cape cod, which is the opposite of the strap, where it is a contest of the most rotten, scruffiest and stinkiest. The problem with stainless steel is that it cannot form patina because it is such a fantastic and resilient alloy.

That was the trend until the release of the Bronzo, where you could match the look of the strap with an equally aged patina. That I think was the context of the use of cape cod. Not on the bronzo but on stainless steel, which is what we normally do.

Wiping using cape cod, with enough pressure (and it won't take a lot) will remove the characteristic brushing on the bronze surface, essentially making it not only shiny and polished but smooth, which essentially makes the bronzo look like a cheap gold colored watch.

THANKS mysterio.... i didn't know that about cape cod. part of the beauty of the bronzo is the brushed surface. maybe some people don't like it but you are right about it making the watch look like a cheap gold watch. that would be awful. lol

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
any suggestion for a good wax sealant ? just bought the peek

Overworkin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/1/17
This goes better and better (VSF):
6e971779211831c757f00c90f2105efd.jpg
wow this looks fabulous, cant wait to get mine soon. Is this the natural patina of the watch or has it been coated. Is the photo edited with effects or filters?

Cant wait to get mine, this week hopefully!!!:spike:

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
THANKS mysterio.... i didn't know that about cape cod. part of the beauty of the bronzo is the brushed surface. maybe some people don't like it but you are right about it making the watch look like a cheap gold watch. that would be awful. lol

Well, let's not lump all gold watches into one pile. Case (pun intended) in point. ;)
pWbSaXc.png

Sparky28

Renowned Member
6/2/16
Here's mine a week after Peek & wax sealing,Does it look "gold" compared to others?

780e5ea94b7528ca53f5220c80ff1ed4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

koko105

12/1/15
Here's mine a week after Peek & wax sealing,Does it look "gold" compared to others?

Definitely the color of your watch is different from mine

Yours is more gold mine is more pinkish

But is you watch developing a brown patina on the Bezel and the lugs

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China

replikmaster

I'm Pretty Popular
19/1/11

I thought that with the wax sealant your watch would take more time to develop some patina....

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Sparky28

Renowned Member
6/2/16
I thought that with the wax sealant your watch would take more time to develop some patina....

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

I would imagine it will take longer for a patina to build,
If I can get a patina I like then I will wax it again but maybe using more of the wax this time

Sparky28

Renowned Member
6/2/16
I am still waiting for my watch to arrive. I already have my peek and wax ready. Amazon - 2 days, EMS- weeks

Luckily for me my TD used DHL so it was 7 day delivery to the UK,[emoji2]

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Luckily for me my TD used DHL so it was 7 day delivery to the UK,[emoji2]

DHL is kind of a mixed bag. I read horror stories of watches being seized by customs (and that's in RWG where a lot of members are based in the UK).

Sparky28

Renowned Member
6/2/16
DHL is kind of a mixed bag. I read horror stories of watches being seized by customs (and that's in RWG where a lot of members are based in the UK).

I've heard good & bad stories regarding DHL but luckily for me I've had nothing but good news which tbh is surprising for me cos my luck is normally dog shit

koko105

12/1/15
I would imagine it will take longer for a patina to build,
If I can get a patina I like then I will wax it again but maybe using more of the wax this time

Can you @Sparky28 take a photo of the amount of the wax you will use this time to seal your watch

It seems to me that the amount you used Lat time wasn't enough to seal the bronze

D

d4m.test

So for the sake of going through all of the cleaning tips, let me ask everyone a noob question...

Who has the best 671 Bronzo? Specifically, which factory? Thanks!