• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breguet Tradition 7097

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
T

Thanks for replying. Are you using the strap that came with it? I’m planning on ordering a ziczac strap. In regards to removing the spring bars, what’s the go with the screw under the lugs like the other post says?

Is it an automatic or manual wind? One TD site says it’s manual and another says it’s automatic..

I have two mechanical wind movements and they also make the clicking sound when winding like you mentioned earlier
Yes, the cat leather strap supplied is a bit stiff but it is "wearable" , I quite like the vibrant blue it has, i don't plan on replacing it.
Its an automatic and self winding ( It has a rotor ) and it can also be wound manually.
To remove the strap - you need to release the SCREW bars by loosening the screws under the lugs. These under the lug screws are quite small and will most certainly be a challenge to unscrew without some sort of screw burring methinks......

johnmanuel

Horology Curious
4/3/17
Can someone confirm if it is manual or self winding? Most portals say it is manual but I know there is an automatic rotor, is it non funtional? thxs

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
This is still in the collection, now with new shoes.

Looks magic
How do you find the retrograde hand alignment. When it snaps back to “0” do you find the needle doesn’t quite extend out far enough to reach the markers. It then reaches out correctly at around the 20 sec mark. Almost as if the metal arc isn’t quite arched enough at the zero to 20 sec mark.

Reactions: vcappp

centrum

27/7/14
I just pulled the trigger on the watch. I've noticed a few reports of failures, but the achievement of this weird-looking clone movement and how rare such work is done in the market made me get one while it's still in the market. How y'all's 7097's been holding up?

Reactions: APjumbo

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
I just pulled the trigger on the watch. I've noticed a few reports of failures, but the achievement of this weird-looking clone movement and how rare such work is done in the market made me get one while it's still in the market. How y'all's 7097's been holding up?
Mine still going strong

Reactions: centrum

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
I've been on the fence about this one for a while but am thinking that the SF 7057 might be closer to the gen than the 7097. Also worried about the retrograde function on the 7097. Having said that, both are superb watches/reps. Anyone here own both and if so, what's your thoughts?

m1994

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/17
I've been on the fence about this one for a while but am thinking that the SF 7057 might be closer to the gen than the 7097. Also worried about the retrograde function on the 7097. Having said that, both are superb watches/reps. Anyone here own both and if so, what's your thoughts?
I have had it for more than a year, I use it once a week and I have not had any problems, in fact I am surprised by the power reserve it has (almost 48 hours).

Retrograde second hand is still working perfectly.

Reactions: Yacht-Monster

m1994

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/17
Mine just arrived today!!
A few dealers said it was out of stock, but a friend managed to pull a few strings. Thankfully the seconds function is working.

I loved this model ever since I discovered it’s existence 16 months ago.

Enjoy it, it’s a great watch!!!

Reactions: APjumbo

Marekk

Looking Around
21/11/23
Hi, just got mine today, just curious if you all got the same spelling mistake in word "jewels" on the back ?

Bominus

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/1/24
Yes mine is the same. ( It’s from ZF factory )
Hi, I’m interested in buying this watch, been doing some digging found this tread about the dail alignment is a bit off and you confirm this? Thanks

• Haha
Reactions: TESLA760

oceaon

Lost time is never found again.
Banned
27/1/22
US
Or, you could enjoy it for what it is and just understand that it's 100th of the cost and is a pretty solid rep :)

Reactions: TESLA760

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Hi, I’m interested in buying this watch, been doing some digging found this tread about the dail alignment is a bit off and you confirm this? Thanks
Holy red lines batman! What are we looking at here? I particularly enjoy how the jewels of all wheels and the balance line up with your red lines. Dont care if the gen does this too but its a nice touch!