• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breguet Tradition 7097

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
Anyway update gentleman ?

Sent from my SM-N985F using Tapatalk

I ordered the blue and should be getting it this week after waiting two months shipment to the US

You can find a gen strap on EBay I purchased one for 100& croc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

m1994

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/17
Anyway update gentleman ?

Sent from my SM-N985F using Tapatalk

An apology for my late reply,

The watch arrived a few weeks ago, and I was impressed from the moment I took it out of the box. The watch is tremendously beautiful and hypnotic, it definitely has flaws or I would prefer to call them "differences", even it is not a 1:1 replica, the watch is spectacular, it has too much detail and depth, in addition to the retrograde second hand that works perfectly... I just cannot stop looking it when wearing it.

Something strange that happened to me is that the rotor started to make noise and eventually unscrewed and came off, however it was an extremely simple thing for my local watchmaker to fix (I don't think it happens to everyone)

Another important point.. The strap is rubbish as always so I am awaiting the arrival of a shiny black Delugs strap, however playing with the straps I currently have, I tried to remove the replica strap and it took a lot of work since I couldn't unscrew the spring bar, until I realized that it is secured with a micro screw below the lugs, impressive for a replica watch, I didn't expect that.

In short, if you feel a little interest in buying this watch, you will not be disappointed, it is incredible, I already want to see how it will look with the new strap.

Livi67

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/11/19
I'm pretty impressed about this one. It looks really good. Have you a short video ?

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
Does question anyone know how to change the strap on this model? I got one screw out and the other seems stuck and i am afraid of stripping it
thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: alanparker217

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Does question anyone know how to change the strap on this model? I got one screw out and the other seems stuck and i am afraid of stripping it
thanks

Have you loosened the screw on the back of the lug?

oceaon

Lost time is never found again.
Banned
27/1/22
US
I just ordered the Rose gold version. I can't wait

Reactions: APjumbo

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
Be wary of the retrograde seconds feature. My one was working in my QC videos but was faulty when it arrived. It would reset to the 30s position and then hang for another 30s before moving. I ended up returning it.

oceaon

Banned
27/1/22
US
I received it yesterday and listed it for sale here. It's an absolutely stunning piece. Anyone in the US that wanted one here you go.

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
Any further experience with this watch from members that have had it for a while now ?
Still reliable, any issues ? Keen to hear some feedback.

oceaon

Banned
27/1/22
US
Any further experience with this watch from members that have had it for a while now ?
Still reliable, any issues ? Keen to hear some feedback.
I have had mine for a while now. I really like it. I was going to sell mine. Nothing wrong with the piece itself, but as I age, my eyesight isn't that good up close, and the mini dial is hard to read for me. But overall, I get lots of compliments when I wear it, looks gorgeous with the grey texture of the dial, and it wears nicely. No complaints.

Reactions: Teamjlf

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
I have had mine for a while now. I really like it. I was going to sell mine. Nothing wrong with the piece itself, but as I age, my eyesight isn't that good up close, and the mini dial is hard to read for me. But overall, I get lots of compliments when I wear it, looks gorgeous with the grey texture of the dial, and it wears nicely. No complaints.
Did you have any issues with the retrograde seconds function. I’ve dug around and there is some feedback that it can tend to malfunction after a while ? Basically it only snaps back to the 30 second mark after reaching the 60 sec mark. It doesn’t snap back to Zero. Thereafter it stays at the 30 sec mark until it catches up those lost 30secs and then continues on again to the 60. It doesn’t affect the time keeping but it seems that the retrograde function is a bit hit and miss. What is your experience with it ?

Funnily enough you can see this happening in the trusty video :

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
Did you have any issues with the retrograde seconds function. I’ve dug around and there is some feedback that it can tend to malfunction after a while ? Basically it only snaps back to the 30 second mark after reaching the 60 sec mark. It doesn’t snap back to Zero. Thereafter it stays at the 30 sec mark until it catches up those lost 30secs and then continues on again to the 60. It doesn’t affect the time keeping but it seems that the retrograde function is a bit hit and miss. What is your experience with it ?

Funnily enough you can see this happening in the trusty video :

As you said, it's a hit and miss watch. Make sure you choose a TD who accepts returns. Also make sure you like dressy watches.

Reactions: oceaon

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
As you said, it's a hit and miss watch. Make sure you choose a TD who accepts returns. Also make sure you like dressy watches.
I’ll be requesting for the TD to run the watch for a week and check the retrograde for performance before sending it. After that, it’s all luck as with most reps. Fortunately most owners I’ve contacted are reporting the watch is still working fine quite some time after they have received it.

As for dress watch appetite.. no problem. I have eclectic taste so i have a collection of dress watches, tool watches, dive watches, mainly automatics but also some great quartz as well..no problem.

Reactions: vcappp and RonP

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
Well…
Mine arrived the other day. I chose the boutique blue version and as some others have said here, despite its many flaws, this watch is quite spectacular in its own right and it’s a great attempt at trying to replicate a very complex and artisan original.

My only small issue with it is the seconds hand doesn’t quite reach the numerals from the 0 - 20 markers but the it’s fine after that. Seems like a slight dial alignment issue but the retrograde function works well and everything else is spot on. The leather strap was a bit stiff at first but after gently “massaging” it and bending it around a bit, it’s now not too bad and fits and conforms to the wrist just fine.

A question for other owners here. Does the movement make a clicking noise on manual wind on your examples ?
Also noticed this custom movement does not hack. No biggie but just asking to see if that’s how it is.

Anyways a very nice piece and a great watch to have on the wrist and just stare at…..

zFWtZJ.jpg

Reactions: vcappp and APjumbo

Guiltycat

Supporter
Certified
31/8/22
Well…
Mine arrived the other day. I chose the boutique blue version and as some others have said here, despite its many flaws, this watch is quite spectacular in its own right and it’s a great attempt at trying to replicate a very complex and artisan original.

My only small issue with it is the seconds hand doesn’t quite reach the numerals from the 0 - 20 markers but the it’s fine after that. Seems like a slight dial alignment issue but the retrograde function works well and everything else is spot on. The leather strap was a bit stiff at first but after gently “massaging” it and bending it around a bit, it’s now not too bad and fits and conforms to the wrist just fine.

A question for other owners here. Does the movement make a clicking noise on manual wind on your examples ?
Also noticed this custom movement does not hack. No biggie but just asking to see if that’s how it is.

Anyways a very nice piece and a great watch to have on the wrist and just stare at…..

zFWtZJ.jpg
Hey mate I’ve been looking at picking up this watch for a while but after reading through this thread it looks like the seconds is a hit or miss. How’s yours holding up? Thanks

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
Hey mate I’ve been looking at picking up this watch for a while but after reading through this thread it looks like the seconds is a hit or miss. How’s yours holding up? Thanks
Yep, no issues. Retrograde seconds is working with no issues. It snaps back to "0" each time and there is no stuttering or sticking.
The only very small issue I have with it is that when it goes back to "0" the needle doesn't quite reach the numerals until it sweeps into the 15 sec mark and then its all good - you can then see the seconds hand sweeping across the seconds markers. Its almost as if the seconds arc ( silver arc ) isnt 100% aligned centrally which makes the bottom of the arc further away from the seconds needle - hence this issue.
Apart from that, its one of my faves and I really enjoy wearing it. Keeps good time too.....

Guiltycat

Supporter
Certified
31/8/22
T
Yep, no issues. Retrograde seconds is working with no issues. It snaps back to "0" each time and there is no stuttering or sticking.
The only very small issue I have with it is that when it goes back to "0" the needle doesn't quite reach the numerals until it sweeps into the 15 sec mark and then its all good - you can then see the seconds hand sweeping across the seconds markers. Its almost as if the seconds arc ( silver arc ) isnt 100% aligned centrally which makes the bottom of the arc further away from the seconds needle - hence this issue.
Apart from that, its one of my faves and I really enjoy wearing it. Keeps good time too.....
Thanks for replying. Are you using the strap that came with it? I’m planning on ordering a ziczac strap. In regards to removing the spring bars, what’s the go with the screw under the lugs like the other post says?

Is it an automatic or manual wind? One TD site says it’s manual and another says it’s automatic..

I have two mechanical wind movements and they also make the clicking sound when winding like you mentioned earlier