• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Seadweller.. Best SD available Period

bgreg

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/12
Florida
This is specs:

Gen insert
Gen crown
Clark gen spec tube
TC 2824 SC
TC dial
TC hr and minute hands H4 pinion
TC bracelet
Raffle time red YM seconds hand
TC v4 Dwo
Clark. Click spring
Gen spec polish

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
This is specs:

Gen insert
Gen crown
Clark gen spec tube
TC 2824 SC
TC dial
TC hr and minute hands H4 pinion
TC bracelet
Raffle time red YM seconds hand
TC v4 Dwo
Clark. Click spring
Gen spec polish
That's awesome! Who did you have do the work for putting the tube in and the polish? Also where do you get the h4 pinion? Do you consider a Clarks bezel assembly as well?

I'm planning to do a build

rsh

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/4/10
That's awesome! Who did you have do the work for putting the tube in and the polish? Also where do you get the h4 pinion? Do you consider a Clarks bezel assembly as well?

I'm planning to do a build

TC 2824 has the h4 pinion

dave2889

Renowned Member
7/10/14
The TC 2824 is a solid movement and the 2824 can be very slightly more reliable over the 2836. Also, a lot of BPs are coming with the 2824 as stock now but I'm not sure as to the reason for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bgreg

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/12
Florida
I didn't want to spring for a gen 2836, the A2836-2 movement that came with watch didn't accept all ETA parts as the main plate is different spec, actually didn't take second wheel and
he couldn't use that movement with Tc hands as they have shorter post, so my options were per Misiekped:
Option 1 - get Tc clone with h4
Option 2 - use existing hands including second hand

Since I had a TC 2824 that came out of my TCLV after I swapped it for a Y3135. I used that. since I wanted the TC hands and red seconds hand it was my best option.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
I didn't want to spring for a gen 2836, the A2836-2 movement that came with watch didn't accept all ETA parts as the main plate is different spec, actually didn't take second wheel and
he couldn't use that movement with Tc hands as they have shorter post, so my options were per Misiekped:
Option 1 - get Tc clone with h4
Option 2 - use existing hands including second hand

Since I had a TC 2824 that came out of my TCLV after I swapped it for a Y3135. I used that. since I wanted the TC hands and red seconds hand it was my best option.
Great answer thank you! Is it true that the 2836 would be a straight swap however the tc 2824 would need a special spacer or something?

I'm trying to plan my build, tc 2824 would be cheaper than gen 2836 and I could order it along with all the other tc parts

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
You can get the H4 parts from O Frei and have them fitted onto your new 2836 eta and have ado213 cut the case for a gen spec crystal and the 2836 movement, it will all look perfect in the end.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
You can get the H4 parts from O Frei and have them fitted onto your new 2836 eta and have ado213 cut the case for a gen spec crystal and the 2836 movement, it will all look perfect in the end.
Someone had said earlier you wouldn't need an h4 if you used a 2836. But i'm under the impression that the h4 would give it a more gen look in terms of how it looks but also the placement of the hands. Is that true?

I hadn't thought about the crystal yet. What would the benefit be of a Gen spec crystal? Would it be more clear or is it just the crystal height?

Are you able to say the cost of having the work down? Could I just send the watch and all parts to ado and he would do the crystal mod, crown guard mod and assembly of dial, hands, movement, crown and tube? And would he also regulate the movement?

Thanks.

Pm me please if you can't discuss costs here

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
I'm at work right now. but I have all the prices and who does what at home. PM me and remind me and I will send you all the information in the next couple days, if you go back and read about the last 20 or 30 pages where I post you will see my situation.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
I'm at work right now. but I have all the prices and who does what at home. PM me and remind me and I will send you all the information in the next couple days, if you go back and read about the last 20 or 30 pages where I post you will see my situation.
2e47ac031b5a5e9c1ef2f796f5b12596.jpg

I've been reading and taking notes .

I will pm you later. Thanks for the help

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
I like to buy as many genuine parts off The Rolex Forum sealed in original packages, You can actual get some good deals from Europe since the Dollar is almost equal to the Euro now. Don't use TC crown or tube, Genuine crown on WSO tube, WSO tube $16.50. [MENTION=57548]Tagfan1[/MENTION] will shape the case, polish the bezel and assemble everything about $200.00, Adrian will mod the case and fit a genuine spec crystal , I think that was about a $100. I think you need 3 canon pinions and you get them from O Frei that will put the hands the proper height from dial.

Everything else on your list looks right on. Tagfan is super busy that's why he is never in this thread or anywhere else on the forum, his real work has picked up and he is remodeling his house so dusty environment is no place to work on watches. Mine should be done for Christmas. When Tagfan is free his work is fantastic, He fixed a problem on a NOOB Blancpain FF anti Radiation that had a out of alignment crystal and a poorly machined inner case, He fixed it and you cant see a thing with a loupe, yes I'm a Loupe guy. [MENTION=96825]MaronAckay[/MENTION]

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Look at genuine 16600 on eBay the crystal is higher than a submariner but not that high, thats a flaw with the BP the crystal is a tiny bit to high and you cant fit a genuine or genuine spec crystal without having Adrian (Ado213) do a case mod. He is in England its not a big deal he can put a genuine spec crystal on it. look here , I had it done and even asked him to put mine a 1/2 mm lower than Genuine.

read and learn

https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/184087-BP-SD-with-generic-Xtal

https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/172629-Q-s-Top-Secret-BPSD-Reference-Thread

bgreg

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/12
Florida
I already read it....Adrian has agreed to do gen spec crystal mod
I'm waiting for swiss gen spec crystal to arrive then I will ship to Adrian in UK.