• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Seadweller.. Best SD available Period

AL0HA

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
28/8/16
ado213 did an amazing job on my 16600!! He's a true artist with these Sea Dwellers.

- Genuine tritium T<25 Rolex Sea-Dweller dial with spiderwebbing

- Genuine tritium hands

- Genuine flat 4 insert

- Genuine bezel assembly

- Genuine 703 crown & tube

- Genuine pallet fork

- Genuine date wheel

- Genuine auto-wind module

- Genuine B25 285 SD crystal

- TC 93160A Sea-Dweller bracelet

- BP case w/ re-shaped crown guards

- Drilled lug holes

- Yuki 3135 serviced movement

16600.jpg

Spiderweb.jpg

Do you know if the yuki was a direct fit? Thanks!

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Has anyone fitted a sh3135/yuki in the bpsd case? I finally picked up another one, but looking to add gen dial instead of the tc dial I used on my last build.

It takes significant work on the case to fit a crystal, bezel, and i believe the yuki as well

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
Has anyone fitted a sh3135/yuki in the bpsd case? I finally picked up another one, but looking to add gen dial instead of the tc dial I used on my last build.

The BP SD from jessemack has a Yuki3135 inside.
One of the nicest SD builds for a 16600 I have seen. Incredible.

ado213

Renowned Member
27/4/12
UK
The Yuki won't fit guys, unless you do some mods to the case. Stem heights are way off.

jessemack

25/3/14
Unfortunately after sourcing the parts and making sure all the tritium patina matches and waiting to get it all built... I might have to let this one go. Those snow storms that hit the east coast did a number on my house and yard. Trying to find other things to sell and make the money, but it might end up being this watch. Super bummed.

Here's some pics to make you guys happy while I sulk and think this over.

IMG_3858.jpg

IMG_3866.jpg

armedcor

1/2/14
Now TC isn't around what are our options for replacement hands? I hate the color difference haha

Jaykay47

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/18
lol was about to flame op and realized this post is from 2013

babola

I'm Pretty Popular
19/9/06
Ok, so I just got myself my second BP Classic Sea-Dweller after letting the first one go last year and regretting it ever since.

My TD told me this is now 'unofficially' a third iteration by the BP factory since 2016 when the V1 was released, which came with all sorts of smallish issues. He also mentioned this is the last of the production batch and BP won't be making more, there are still dozens of assembled ones in stock, so no rush but if you have been sitting on the fence about this particular rep, now is the time to pull the trigger.

For what it's worth, here's my observation of the current "V3" model. Sorry but I am travelling at the moment so no photos, will post few quick ones on my return if anyone's still interested.

- the crystal is now much more gen-like. The beveled slope is now close to vertical and there's a nice rounded top edge. This is different from my V1 from 2016, which came with a crystal with almost 45 degree slope and sharp top edge

- the bezel is the same, the insert is the same, but careful here...while admittedly there's more gen SD 16600 with the thin font bezels, there are examples with thick fonts too. I was planning to swap it originally but now I'm content with what I have. Also, if you remember the original comparo photos Josh (or was it Trusty) posted in 2016 between the rep and the gen 16600, you would have noticed the bezel print were close to identical. Lume dot at 12 o'clock also seems an upgrade to me from the V1.

- the click spring is still the same. The click wire is still thin and unnecessarily long. I removed the bezel today to do the quick hack I did on my V1 and that was to cut off 2/5 of the click wire, and bend it outward in the opposite direction. BP wire is bent towards the rehaut, which is incorrect. I own the gen 16610, and the click feel on bezel turn is now almost identical to gen.

- the crown now has more defined and polished teeth, again very gen-like.

- the crown guards are pointy, but again, there were variations in gen SD 16600 with both thick and thin CGs, so good to go.

- the rehaut is now 'lower' in profile (height), more gen-like. My V1 had a very deep rehaut that used to bug me. One of the very reasons I sold it.

- the dial is TC and gen like. It will never be the same as gen, but honestly, no need for a replacement. My V1 had lume unequally applied inside the lume sockets (markers) some markers had lume so thin that I could see the 'bed' underneath, which was showing as a dark shadow, Agan, one of the very reasons I sold my V1.

- the hands are again different on this version, they are much more 3D-like than the flat ones on V1. No need to touch it.

- the case overall is as 1:1 as it's ever been on these watches. No comment here.

- the bracelet is also new version, with the mid-hump on the SEL much lower in profile and very gen-like now. It's 1:1 when compared to my gen 16610 gen Sub bracelet. The clasp is good to, good definition and opening/closing is flawless. The link screws are a bit "screwy" though...you ned to be extra careful when removing them as they seem to get stuck. Use a soap bath or WD40 on them before removal. I had great "fun" removing a link. Not good. :(

- on a negative note, caseback has taken a step back, not sure who makes it now but the print is way off. If they even used photos from the internet they would have known it's wrong. Small print, shallow grooves on engravings and incorrect position of text and the two Rolex crowns. Bad, really bad. I want my V1 caseback back!

Hope this helps. Basically the conclusion is, this is a much better executed SD Classic 16600 rep now, they must have listened to our comments and woes from 2016. If you're anaI as I was long time ago, you will long for gen parts and you'll never be happy with a OOB rep, but for most this is as good as it comes and they will be happy just strapping it as-is on their wrists and enjoy the ride :) I know I am :)

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
Babola, thanks for the great and detailed update--but how about some pics?

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
Ah, sorry about that--also traveling, and I miss details on my tiny phone screen. Safe travels, and thanks again for the review! I'm late to the BPSD game, since I had always been turned off by the bad crown position, but am excited that the improvements continue on the new 3135 based case. Seems like most effort from the factories these days is on the six digit models, and the SD deserves a super rep.

sierra-tango

Known Member
15/3/18
Kudos babola - thank you Sir for your valuable input!!! This awesome watch makes it possible for watch enthusiasts picking a decent watch getting BANG FOR BUCK !!! Long lives the awesome BP batch !!! One can pick low-budget A2813 and higher budget A2824. Awesome !!!
I was looking at those bastards few weeks ago on intime i guess, noticed crown guards look more gen like on those pictures than on previous batches (CG more copped than flat):

https://www.intime03.co/rollie/1200-...high-beat.html
https://www.intime03.co/rollie/1162-...an-2824-2.html

RE-13

26/3/15
Ok, so I just got myself my second BP Classic Sea-Dweller after letting the first one go last year and regretting it ever since.

My TD told me this is now 'unofficially' a third iteration by the BP factory since 2016 when the V1 was released, which came with all sorts of smallish issues. He also mentioned this is the last of the production batch and BP won't be making more, there are still dozens of assembled ones in stock, so no rush but if you have been sitting on the fence about this particular rep, now is the time to pull the trigger.

For what it's worth, here's my observation of the current "V3" model. Sorry but I am travelling at the moment so no photos, will post few quick ones on my return if anyone's still interested.

- the crystal is now much more gen-like. The beveled slope is now close to vertical and there's a nice rounded top edge. This is different from my V1 from 2016, which came with a crystal with almost 45 degree slope and sharp top edge

- the bezel is the same, the insert is the same, but careful here...while admittedly there's more gen SD 16600 with the thin font bezels, there are examples with thick fonts too. I was planning to swap it originally but now I'm content with what I have. Also, if you remember the original comparo photos Josh (or was it Trusty) posted in 2016 between the rep and the gen 16600, you would have noticed the bezel print were close to identical. Lume dot at 12 o'clock also seems an upgrade to me from the V1.

- the click spring is still the same. The click wire is still thin and unnecessarily long. I removed the bezel today to do the quick hack I did on my V1 and that was to cut off 2/5 of the click wire, and bend it outward in the opposite direction. BP wire is bent towards the rehaut, which is incorrect. I own the gen 16610, and the click feel on bezel turn is now almost identical to gen.

- the crown now has more defined and polished teeth, again very gen-like.

- the crown guards are pointy, but again, there were variations in gen SD 16600 with both thick and thin CGs, so good to go.

- the rehaut is now 'lower' in profile (height), more gen-like. My V1 had a very deep rehaut that used to bug me. One of the very reasons I sold it.

- the dial is TC and gen like. It will never be the same as gen, but honestly, no need for a replacement. My V1 had lume unequally applied inside the lume sockets (markers) some markers had lume so thin that I could see the 'bed' underneath, which was showing as a dark shadow, Agan, one of the very reasons I sold my V1.

- the hands are again different on this version, they are much more 3D-like than the flat ones on V1. No need to touch it.

- the case overall is as 1:1 as it's ever been on these watches. No comment here.

- the bracelet is also new version, with the mid-hump on the SEL much lower in profile and very gen-like now. It's 1:1 when compared to my gen 16610 gen Sub bracelet. The clasp is good to, good definition and opening/closing is flawless. The link screws are a bit "screwy" though...you ned to be extra careful when removing them as they seem to get stuck. Use a soap bath or WD40 on them before removal. I had great "fun" removing a link. Not good. :(

- on a negative note, caseback has taken a step back, not sure who makes it now but the print is way off. If they even used photos from the internet they would have known it's wrong. Small print, shallow grooves on engravings and incorrect position of text and the two Rolex crowns. Bad, really bad. I want my V1 caseback back!

Hope this helps. Basically the conclusion is, this is a much better executed SD Classic 16600 rep now, they must have listened to our comments and woes from 2016. If you're anaI as I was long time ago, you will long for gen parts and you'll never be happy with a OOB rep, but for most this is as good as it comes and they will be happy just strapping it as-is on their wrists and enjoy the ride :) I know I am :)

Does all the above partake to the 3135 version only or do the other ones have these updates as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk