• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Seadweller.. Best SD available Period

Turbo350z

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/13
Are you saying you will do case work and assembly because I have projects... Who are these people PM me please.. I pay with American Dollars or Sea Shells whatever works!

Not me! But plenty of conus modders that can do the job. RBJ, katt, ko67, mike. And Adrian in eu

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Not me! But plenty of conus modders that can do the job. RBJ, katt, ko67, mike. And Adrian in eu

Also RA in Paris he did my 1675 but it would be nice to keep it in Conus. Katt and PBDad are no for me. VAC is really great for repairs, Lume and AR ,Vac does super clean work and great AR. Adrian fantastic but thats England. I guess I really need to talk to RBJ, KO67 and Mike (misiekped)

Thank You [MENTION=57136]Turbo350z[/MENTION]

bgreg

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/12
Florida
Mike did mine he will do a great job for you. But you will still have to send it to Adrian for crystal mod. He can do cg work also.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
[MENTION=54070]bgreg[/MENTION] I'm not sure if I will do a crystal mod, I can decide that later on at any time. Just to confirm, does mike reshape crown guards, work on bezel teeth, and other casework? Or did you have to have Adrian do that?

dave2889

Renowned Member
7/10/14
On my SD, Adrian did everything. He did CGs, bezel, xstal mod, movement work inc. swapping in a H4 CP, insert and crown installation and a dial swap. It's a fantastic piece. As amazing as it is, it hasn't been able to knock my gen Breitling SO abyss off my wrist, and I may be selling in the near future :(

d4e594110cdbf635e02f802c54372d7f.jpg

I digress, Ado's work is impeccable and I cannot recommend him enough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dave2889

Renowned Member
7/10/14
Keep an eye on the sale board in the coming weeks. I'll try and remember to PM you if I do sell, Thrasher!

QBalance156

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/8/07
Any tips on how to sharpen your bezel teeth or any aftermarket bezels that will fit on the BP midcase? Unfortunately, my BPSD came from one of the batches of "soft" bezel teeth. I read somewhere amongst these posts that the WSO bezel does not fit the BP case, and I also read that some have use a needle file to sharpen their bezel teeth. Any details on where to get the right size needle file to do the job? The hobby files that I have are too big in diameter.

ado213

Renowned Member
27/4/12
UK
The WSO replacement bezel will not fit the BP (or at least the one I bought didn't) it needed machining to get it to fit.
Dont even try and file the bezel teeth, I promise you'll make a mess of it !!. This is a highly accurate machining work needed to get it correct or at minimum a hardened filing jig!.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada

RichRobby

Renowned Member
1/5/15
I posted back in December a picture of gen SD for sale on an auction site with a discoloured 5 marker and from the posts (all copied below) learnt that it was an old SD with Tritium lume.
Well another has come up for sale on the same site and I can only assume it's a different watch as the other sold but it has the exact same issue - on the 5 marker.

So if it's a different watch why is it the 5 marker again?

Very curious. I can't get back to the old auction listing but for future reference, if it happens again, the serial number of this one is listed as U684***.
Might telephone them and check it is a different watch.
Here is the latest one for sale

and the old image and thread replies

Not exactly the right thread for this but it is a SeaDweller
Here is a picture of a 'gen' SD for sale.
What would be the reason for the discoloured 5 marker?

Because it's old. See the dial marking: Swiss - T < 25

That's from back when they used real Tritium lume.
At the right price I'd buy it and leave it as it is. It'll only get more valuable if you let it age gracefully. RSC will probably replace the dial and ruin the value 10 years from now. In fact, I'd never let a RSC touch one of my watches. Their service is way overpriced and they have ruined many a collectible watch by replacing the gen vintage parts.

If it bothered me I'd put in a TC dial and hands and keep the gen parts in a safe place until ready to sell it..
12 marker looks skewed as well. Glad it's not a rep… lol

JoeyT

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/14
I posted back in December a picture of gen SD for sale on an auction site with a discoloured 5 marker and from the posts (all copied below) learnt that it was an old SD with Tritium lume.
Well another has come up for sale on the same site and I can only assume it's a different watch as the other sold but it has the exact same issue - on the 5 marker.

So if it's a different watch why is it the 5 marker again?

Very curious. I can't get back to the old auction listing but for future reference, if it happens again, the serial number of this one is listed as U684***.
Might telephone them and check it is a different watch.
Here is the latest one for sale

and the old image and thread replies

Looks the same to me, that's really fishy

RichRobby

Renowned Member
1/5/15
Looks the same to me, that's really fishy

Yeah, I know. If only I had a record of the first half of the serial number they display.
There are marks on the insert that weren't on the first though, but doesn't prove a great deal