• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Released whole line of DG3804 CHS GMTs - cheap!

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
I thought I’d say HOLA!
UKbXs.jpg

Love this little fella. I’ll practice a bit with my dremel and some other cheap Tiger Concepts as I’d like to correct the ugly chamfers and get the sides a bit more straight as they are a bit bloated.

Last edited:

itgoes211

10/4/19
I thought I’d say HOLA!
UKbXs.jpg

Love this little fella. I’ll practice a bit with my dremel and some other cheap Tiger Concepts as I’d like to correct the ugly chamfers and get the sides a bit more straight as they are a bit bloated.

That looks great! Congrats. I like the stick dial, and the dw alignment is dead-on. Mind if I ask which rep/dealer?

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
That looks great! Congrats. I like the stick dial, and the dw alignment is dead-on. Mind if I ask which rep/dealer?

Thank you! I aligned the crystal and the bezel insert myself, but the datewheel is stock. I bought it from Perfect Clones (not a TD here, be cautious). I would like to get more recessed SELs and a slimmer chamfer, but I might have to get to terms with this one and that’s it!

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Where can we see all the DG3804/ 6 digit offering in one place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Can anybody comment who has one of these ceramic models and one from Noob, GMF, ... what’s their overall feel and quality compared to the twice more expensive siblings?

I mean if you already own the twice expensive model will you feel like you got something that’s lower quality for that price.

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18
Can anybody comment who has one of these ceramic models and one from Noob, GMF, ... what’s their overall feel and quality compared to the twice more expensive siblings?

I mean if you already own the twice expensive model will you feel like you got something that’s lower quality for that price.

These are all BP models. They should be the exact same quality components (case, bracelet, bezel, insert, crystal, dial, hands, DWO, etc) except for the movement, as the more expensive BP models with ETA movements.

So comparing one of these to a Noob, GMF, DJF or other should be exactly like comparing the best ETA BP to another factory.

Last edited:

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
These are all BP models. They should be the exact same quality components (case, bracelet, bezel, insert, crystal, dial, hands, DWO, etc) except for the movement, as the more expensive BP models with ETA movements.

So comparing one of these to a Noob, GMF, DJF or other should be exactly like comparing the best ETA BP to another factory.
So the price difference is about the cheaper movements only? Or is there a lower "assembly line" at BP to justify such a price gap?

These are good questions, because regarding some of these BPs (and some look damn good), one can wonder why bother buying ARFs and other Noobs then...

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18
So the price difference is about the cheaper movements only? Or is there a lower "assembly line" at BP to justify such a price gap?

These are good questions, because regarding some of these BPs (and some look damn good), one can wonder why bother buying ARFs and other Noobs then...

Unless you're talking about $1.2K wrapped gold watches, BP is not known to have a cheaper line of components within the same model, except for movements. Nembo on RG has stated this routinely when selling BP watches with 2813/3804s, and he sells a ton of them. Same watch except for the movement he always says. BP already uses adequate but cheaper parts than ARF and to a lesser extent NOOB, so they really can't get cheaper still just because of a cheaper movement.

This isn't an insult to their quality. I like them a lot usually, very good bang for your buck. Just got this BP beauty in, $358 are you kidding me I love it! The gen is $35K. No it's not 904L but I think that's a lot of hype tbh.

15773861381851.jpg

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
I thought these bps with gold are wrapped?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18
Last edited:
Reactions: stufuse

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18
The plated TT BP DG3804s that are RG have covered SEL and mid link sides. The TT YG ones like one of the ones I ordered above have bare SEL sides and mid links.

In this case it would technically be correct to say that the SEL and mid link sides on the TT RG are plated, but incorrect to say they are wrapped since none of the watch is wrapped.

And it's not always true that a wrapped watch has covered SEL sides. GMF makes a wrapped TT RG GMT with bare SELs. Noob makes a wrapped Bluesy with bare SELs. So did ARF mostly til V3.

That's why I say it's better to separate the descriptions, it's either wrapped or plated, then the SELs are either covered or bare.

As if that weren't enough variations, there are also partially covered SELs, where they put a thin sliver of coating rolled partially down the side from the top. I think this looks worse than bare despite the effort to make it look better.

Last edited:

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
I thought these bps with gold are wrapped?

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
The plated TT BP DG3804s that are RG have covered SEL and mid link sides. The TT YG ones like one of the ones I ordered above have bare SEL sides and mid links.

In this case it would technically be correct to say that the SEL and mid link sides on the TT RG are plated, but incorrect to say they are wrapped since none of the watch is wrapped.

And it's not always true that a wrapped watch has covered SEL sides. GMF makes a wrapped TT RG GMT with bare SELs. Noob makes a wrapped Bluesy with bare SELs. So did ARF mostly til V3.

That's why I say it's better to separate the descriptions, it's either wrapped or plated, then the SELs are either covered or bare.

Nicely put as always!

So yea, I ment midlinks and Sel sides which are covered. I looked at some of the PC pics they looked bare.

Think I may try out the root beer the watch looks good IRL pics

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18
Nicely put as always!

So yea, I ment midlinks and Sel sides which are covered. I looked at some of the PC pics they looked bare.

I think only the BP TT RGs have covered SELs. I haven't examined all of them closely except the TT YG that I bought and it is bare. I plan on doing a marker mod to the sides, it's not a big deal IMO.

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU

So do I. I really like the BP 16710 Pepsi (even though the caseback isn't accurate, and I had a dead movement at delivery), it makes me feel like trying the BP Rootbeer as well, the pictures I see here look very promising.

Reactions: KJ2020

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
So finally received my QC, took a while, good man Li rejected 5 watfches, he told me the watches with this "lite" DG 3804 CHS movement are difficult, BP really seem to have a quality control issue ..... I approvbed (of course, watch looks great to me, even the crystal and cyclops!).

For $240 this is quite the steal I think, thanks for putting up the link to PF where these are priced as such and Li met this price