• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Re-Releases 5-Digit Submariners with VR3135

Geonor

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
This is the first time I've read an entire thread, it has been VERY informative, so thank you all!
However, no one mentioned the 300 m issue that I see on all the dials. I have only compared it to gen LN and LV and they have all the writings as 300m WITHOUT the spacing between the letter and number. My comparison has been with gen LN and LV from the years 2007-2008, but I've also been looking at older model years. Maybe it is a known thing whit the BP, hence it isn't mentioned in this thread?
On another note, I have been debating with my self whether to get the LN or LV, my heart says LV but I will not be able to change the hands myself. The LN would be a straight wear and enjoy for me, I've not (yet) modded or worked on watches before, only replaced the battery on a quartz watch before :LOL: furthermore the LV might be too "flashy" and attract unnecessary attention as I plan on using it as a daily. Please feel free to give input :)
As a daily the ln is the way to go. I have a modded RAF lv but the BP ln gets a lot more wrist time. As for the 300 m 300m issue, it's a 15-30 year old model, nobody has a clue other than us here. It's a none issue for me at least. It looks and feels great as is.

hollywoodrollie

Getting To Know The Place
12/12/23
This is the first time I've read an entire thread, it has been VERY informative, so thank you all!
However, no one mentioned the 300 m issue that I see on all the dials. I have only compared it to gen LN and LV and they have all the writings as 300m WITHOUT the spacing between the letter and number. My comparison has been with gen LN and LV from the years 2007-2008, but I've also been looking at older model years. Maybe it is a known thing whit the BP, hence it isn't mentioned in this thread?
On another note, I have been debating with my self whether to get the LN or LV, my heart says LV but I will not be able to change the hands myself. The LN would be a straight wear and enjoy for me, I've not (yet) modded or worked on watches before, only replaced the battery on a quartz watch before :LOL: furthermore the LV might be too "flashy" and attract unnecessary attention as I plan on using it as a daily. Please feel free to give input :)
It's not an issue because it's there are gen iterations of the 11610 (as well as the 116610) with the m removed. Such as this one:

and this one

AllanV

Supporter
Certified
4/3/23
EU
As a daily the ln is the way to go. I have a modded RAF lv but the BP ln gets a lot more wrist time. As for the 300 m 300m issue, it's a 15-30 year old model, nobody has a clue other than us here. It's a none issue for me at least. It looks and feels great as is.
Appreciate the feedback! im also thinking LN would be a great daily, I think ill just order one after CNY.

AllanV

Supporter
Certified
4/3/23
EU
It's not an issue because it's there are gen iterations of the 11610 (as well as the 116610) with the m removed. Such as this one:

and this one
I see, and I didn't realize it existed on a gen. But as you say, it's a watch that has been produced for 20+ years and it comes in various iterations.

Timmer

Known Member
Patron
Certified
17/1/22

This is what I used for my 16613LN build. Still have to replace the clasp with a 5 digit sub clasp though. They offer the same bracelet with a glidelock clasp for the same price too.

Reactions: cpd2186

bowtiefanatc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/11/12
On my eyes the sd wears smaller when a look at the wrist 😄
I also wear more the sd vs 16610 as it look more balanced to me

LE
That been said I switch just now from SD to Sub :)

K3eWP2.jpeg

K3eUmt.jpeg

I think the SD may seem smaller due ton cyclops and the crystal being larger and not making the view of the dial be as “open”.

But that’s the joy of life. We see things differently and share experiences.

Reactions: flashu

AllanV

Supporter
Certified
4/3/23
EU
Does the BP 16610 have the divers extension?