• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Factory Rolex 16710 GMT Full Review VS Gen

Rehaut19

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
30/12/20
With the gasket mod described by kj2020

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

nope, with totally worked case by my watchmaker.

only he knows what he did to get that crystal in...

Last edited:
Reactions: cassapanca

Rehaut19

INMATE
30/12/20
Your watchmaker did with unknown modifications... Without the “how” detail, what was the point here?

just my two cents - carry on... :)

I will ask him for more details.

Rehaut19

INMATE
30/12/20
With the gasket mod described by kj2020

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Nope, case was totally modified to fit gen crystal and gen gasket.

My watchmaker know what did to do this.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Your watchmaker did with unknown modifications... Without the “how” detail, what was the point here?

just my two cents - carry on... :)

More material would have to be added (welded or epoxied) to the inside of the case protrusion that acts as a crystal retaining ring. The stock inner diameter of that protrusion is cut to fit a 30.5mm crystal plus gasket. So it's diameter must be reduced to fit a 29.5mm gen-spec crystal plus gasket, or a thicker (wider) gasket, or two gaskets must be used. I searched very thoroughly to no avail for a wider gasket before using two. Someone could 3D print one easily enough if they have access to a printer and the skill to create the CAD file.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
More material would have to be added (welded or epoxied) to the inside of the case protrusion that acts as a crystal retaining ring. The stock inner diameter of that protrusion is cut to fit a 30.5mm crystal plus gasket. So it's diameter must be reduced to fit a 29.5mm gen-spec crystal plus gasket, or a thicker (wider) gasket, or two gaskets must be used. I searched very thoroughly to no avail for a wider gasket before using two. Someone could 3D print one easily enough if they have access to a printer and the skill to create the CAD file.

Adrian is almost done with mine, Gen insert in a WSO bezel, Gen crystal, Gen Dial and hands on a VR3185 with gen jumper module, gen crown and tube.....Lots of laser welding, Gen crown height only seen a couple pictures of Crown height position on Whatsapp. Should be done soon....Crossing fingers at this point.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Adrian is almost done with mine, Gen insert in a WSO bezel, Gen crystal, Gen Dial and hands on a VR3185 with gen jumper module, gen crown and tube.....Lots of laser welding, Gen crown height only seen a couple pictures of Crown height position on Whatsapp. Should be done soon....Crossing fingers at this point.

Excellent bro, I'm sure it's going to wow us all. Welding skills are really useful in this hobby. Can't wait to see it.

Reactions: Thrasher

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09

Looking forward to seeing this.... what exactly was laser welded, a whole new New rehault for the gen bezel assembly? Or building up crown guards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Looking forward to seeing this.... what exactly was laser welded, a whole new New rehault for the gen bezel assembly? Or building up crown guards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crown Guards, Stem Hole, area that supports bezel and crystal.

Reactions: mnkoshka

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Excellent bro, I'm sure it's going to wow us all. Welding skills are really useful in this hobby. Can't wait to see it.

mnkoshka LetMeHearItNow ado213

Tragedy strikes the BP case, Well it looks like the BP case and all its work is scrap....very sad. Adrian removed to much material and while pressing the crystal or crystal retention ring the whole rehaut fractured and collapsed . At this point I'm a bit perplexed. One big thing is the WSO bezel assembly, retention ring is very poorly manufactured and when everything is pressed before collapse the insert would not fit because the retention ring sat to high.

In any case I think I might go for the Vietnam case though the Vietnam case seems to have its own issues. Finish of edge of bezel, Tube size, Lug case height, CGs are too thick , case back to thick. Not sure if I remember everything but at this point it may be the best solution. I have sent an email to Yodog since he lives close by, If he doesn't have a case I will go direct to MQ

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
mnkoshka LetMeHearItNow ado213

Tragedy strikes the BP case, Well it looks like the BP case and all its work is scrap....very sad. Adrian removed to much material and while pressing the crystal or crystal retention ring the whole rehaut fractured and collapsed . At this point I'm a bit perplexed. One big thing is the WSO bezel assembly, retention ring is very poorly manufactured and when everything is pressed before collapse the insert would not fit because the retention ring sat to high.

In any case I think I might go for the Vietnam case though the Vietnam case seems to have its own issues. Finish of edge of bezel, Tube size, Lug case height, CGs are too thick , case back to thick. Not sure if I remember everything but at this point it may be the best solution. I have sent an email to Yodog since he lives close by, If he doesn't have a case I will go direct to MQ

very sorry to hear this especially after all the effort that would have gone into it. I have a BP case up for sale shortly that’s been machined to handle the WSO or gen assembly. Currently has the WSO assembly on it.

I had had lengthy talks with WSO and their crappy tolerances, I’ve used maybe two products out of the 50 I’ve purchased over the years. I’ve sent pictures proving that their interference fit parts are junk and are out of spec with to big or two small, these parts can damage OEM parts they come into contact with also and it took me forever to explain this to WSO while they kept guaranteeing me their products were exactly the same as the genuine OEM parts. I’ve spent enough money sending crap back to these guys and I should have learnt my lesson earlier... to be honest I don’t know how they stay in business.

the viet case for around $600 is a great option I have purchased from the viet dealer before and it everything went well.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
I find my BP 16710 way too shiny, any tips for age it when we have limited skill? Or better to send a 130usd watch to a modder for this purposes? Lol

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
very sorry to hear this especially after all the effort that would have gone into it. I have a BP case up for sale shortly that’s been machined to handle the WSO or gen assembly. Currently has the WSO assembly on it.

I had had lengthy talks with WSO and their crappy tolerances, I’ve used maybe two products out of the 50 I’ve purchased over the years. I’ve sent pictures proving that their interference fit parts are junk and are out of spec with to big or two small, these parts can damage OEM parts they come into contact with also and it took me forever to explain this to WSO while they kept guaranteeing me their products were exactly the same as the genuine OEM parts. I’ve spent enough money sending crap back to these guys and I should have learnt my lesson earlier... to be honest I don’t know how they stay in business.

the viet case for around $600 is a great option I have purchased from the viet dealer before and it everything went well.

I got in touch with Nguyen and he will have the complete case next week $670 + $50 ship to California ..Now I just need to see who can do the case work. It sounds like Tripdog is the man but I would rather have Adrian do it. I have also reached out to Yodog but he is in the middle of a move....So we will see.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
I find my BP 16710 way too shiny, any tips for age it when we have limited skill? Or better to send a 130usd watch to a modder for this purposes? Lol

Box of rocks and nails . Shake vigorously. No need to Thank me I do this as a community service.

Reactions: SHB

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Box of rocks and nails . Shake vigorously. No need to Thank me I do this as a community service.

This!

The best aging method I ever heard and safest than my previous idea (jump from the car while driving)

For being serious It's a great idea, thanks!

Reactions: Thrasher

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
I have revised my understanding and re read everything I think I know what needs to be done and its easier. VIETNAM CASE The case does not need to be thinned. The bezel edge is polished and should be brushed, the retention ring is too tall and will cause bezel to not sit flush with case (lower the Retention ring to get bezel to sit flush), CGs are too fat and need to be thinned like 16710 not 16760 which is what they look like. Retention ring is cheap metal and should be replaced with genuine or better quality. Click spring is mono directional and needs to be Bidirectional. Case back needs to be thinned or Maybe Ken Raffles time thin case back will fit? Crown and tube to fit this case you need 6000/6020 tube and 603 crown 6mm.