• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Factory Rolex 16710 GMT Full Review VS Gen

snick

Getting To Know The Place
17/7/24
Portugal
Hello guys!
I'm looking to buy a Coke GMT and after reviewing some TD's website I didn't find any available.

Is this BP 16710 still the go-to choice for Coke GMT's? I understand there are some timing inconsistencys regarding lug holes, LED etc...
Not a deal breaker but just wanted to make sure this is the best choice available to ask a TD if they can get it.

Thanks ya'll

Reaps

Learning something new everyday....
25/9/22
Hello guys!
I'm looking to buy a Coke GMT and after reviewing some TD's website I didn't find any available.

Is this BP 16710 still the go-to choice for Coke GMT's? I understand there are some timing inconsistencys regarding lug holes, LED etc...
Not a deal breaker but just wanted to make sure this is the best choice available to ask a TD if they can get it.

Thanks ya'll
TD dont keep website updated, just ask them and show them image of it and say BP FACTORY and they'll get it

And yes BP is the only one making this 16710 out of the box at a reasonable price

There are better 16710 builds but that involves custom cases and stuff which can run you $1k or more

Reactions: Repplay and snick

snick

Getting To Know The Place
17/7/24
Portugal
TD dont keep website updated, just ask them and show them image of it and say BP FACTORY and they'll get it

And yes BP is the only one making this 16710 out of the box at a reasonable price

There are better 16710 builds but that involves custom cases and stuff which can run you $1k or more
Yeap I've read that about their websites before.
Is there a place where we can see all the models that the factory's produce or just word of mouth in foruns?

Thanks for your help, definitely looking for an entry level rep, not a 1k franken!

haze3715

walked out, no purchase history.
Supporter
Certified
8/8/21
Canada
I picked one of these up recently and the extra mm of thickness from the case is quite apparent.
Hello Matthew,

if you look at my recent post you will see, that the movement stopped working after I installed the caseback. Think the rotor got blocked.

I tried to grind down some of the material on the inside with the tools I have at home. But I could not really remove enough material. Will have to use a lathe, which I do not have. If this will be done I will report it here.
any luck with grinding down the caseback? I recently picked up a BP 16710 as well fully knowing it was going to have an extra mm of thickness... can't get over how this floats on the wrist with the bulbous stock caseback.

contemplating also ordering the Bliger caseback and grinding it down with my dremel tool... any feedback appreciated!