• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Blancpain No Radiation 40mm 5008D Get it Repped!

patnaboy

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/3/12
@ward1991 Thanks for sharing the detailed pictures! I am wondering, what are you thoughts on the 5008E as compared to Gen?

I noticed the lume color and bezel markers were more yellowish orange on the gen. The GSF seems to be more reddish orange. Perhaps it may just be the lighting.

Here is a link to the Gen

ward1991

Luminor-Based
Patron
Certified
24/7/13
@ward1991 Thanks for sharing the detailed pictures! I am wondering, what are you thoughts on the 5008E as compared to Gen?

I noticed the lume color and bezel markers were more yellowish orange on the gen. The GSF seems to be more reddish orange. Perhaps it may just be the lighting.

Here is a link to the Gen
The GSF E in person, looks more like a blood orange(the fruit), where as the PICTURES of the GEN look more like a pumpkin(the fruit).

Since there is only one GEN of the 5008E, who cares lol. Very few people have ever or will ever see that watch in person and who knows what it actually looks like because surely the photos of it probably make it look differently as well. So if interested in the E, make sure you like the colors you see in my photos, not whether or not its gen like.

if you dont like the colors you see, Id recommend going with the regular NO-RAD

patnaboy

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/3/12
@ward1991 Thanks for your feedback. Greatly appreciated. Its interesting that only one gen of the 5008E was made. Regardless of the color differences its a cool watch. Thanks again for sharing detailed pictures of these watches.

Reactions: ward1991

ward1991

Luminor-Based
Patron
Certified
24/7/13
Loving it so far
zyjXNL.jpg

zyjw18.jpg

zyjkHR.jpg
After some heavy modding of the endlinks, this GEN leman bracelet fits.

I got a "deal" on it. Eek.

zPDRqt.jpg

zPDFbE.jpg

zPDfX2.jpg

Last edited:

ward1991

Luminor-Based
Patron
Certified
24/7/13
Ebay, though calling it a deal feels like crime. 🤦‍♂️
I should also mention, getting it to fit takes some serious modification. Shaping endlinks isn't necessarily easy and it is quite butthole-clench-esq to do on a gen bracelet that i got a "GOT SUCH A GREAT "DEAL"" on.

Plus, blancpain bracelets attach with these crazy friction pins that need tapped in and out. The springbar hole as it is, is too small for a regular thin springbar.

But you can use a 1/16 drill bit on the spingbar holes to remove a sleeve/tube that is inside the endlink hole. And that will widen it enough to fit a spring bar in. One side of this friction tube inside the endlink hole is flanged. I.e. they smack it with a punch to roll over one end and make sure it stays in its place inside the endlink.

This is all assuming you can find a leman bracelet or x71 that is not listed at:
Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

Anaanis

Known Member
11/5/22
From the moon, I watch
I should also mention, getting it to fit takes some serious modification. Shaping endlinks isn't necessarily easy and it is quite butthole-clench-esq to do on a gen bracelet that i got a "GOT SUCH A GREAT "DEAL"" on.

Plus, blancpain bracelets attach with these crazy friction pins that need tapped in and out. The springbar hole as it is, is too small for a regular thin springbar.

But you can use a 1/16 drill bit on the spingbar holes to remove a sleeve/tube that is inside the endlink hole. And that will widen it enough to fit a spring bar in. One side of this friction tube inside the endlink hole is flanged. I.e. they smack it with a punch to roll over one end and make sure it stays in its place inside the endlink.

This is all assuming you can find a leman bracelet or x71 that is not listed at:
Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF
Watch out fir fakes lol ... just kidding.

myscrnnm

Horology Curious
11/1/21
Ordered the GSF 5008D through my usual TD a few weeks ago after getting a confirmation it was available, only to be told today that unfortunately they won't be able to do it.😭 Wonder if it's because the demand is too low. Sadly the 5008 series are the only ones I like, but are also limited releases, which means the gens are out of my reach.

Artisanartex

Looking Around
9/8/23
London
Can you lmk how I can contact intime, I’ve been wanting to buy off them for a while now but can’t find their contact information

eva_c

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
12/2/17
One TD said this may be available again after Chinese New Year

Reactions: ward1991

panerai153

Supporter
Certified
22/3/06
On the Mighty Mississippi
I contacted several dealers, specifically about the Barakuda. They all said it was unavailable from the factory. that was for the Barakuda model from two different factories. looks like they are not available, no idea if they will produce more at a later date. I would love to have one as this is the perfect size for me. I have had several Fifty Fathom reps in the past, but the 45mm size is just too big for my wrist.