• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Blancpain No Radiation 40mm 5008D Get it Repped!

ward1991

Luminor-Based
Patron
Certified
24/7/13
There is no gap on the barakuda strap,the zf strap is also far superior in looks and quality,
The zf also has better crown guards and the crown sits more flush when screwed in,
For now I'm using the zf strap fir both watches until my gen strap arrives
Even so the no radiations is very nice
Awesome!

monkeypie

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/12/08
Thanks for the upload. So far the issues I see are:

• No Rads logo is a touch too small. You'd need to look for it to see it, but it's noticable then.
  • The "1" in the 15 on the bezel is too thin, which is an issue the later BP bezel batches suffered from.
  • The "4" in "45" also looks a touch too thin.
  • The font on the date wheel is a bit too thin.
Again these are very nitpicky items that you'd need another watch to notice (or know what to look for), but aside from that, a very amazing watch!

Alhig72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
15/11/16
UK
Loving it so far
zyjXNL.jpg

zyjw18.jpg

zyjkHR.jpg

Alhig72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
15/11/16
UK
So as for the strap,the zf barakuda is on the left,the zf strap is very close in looks,quality and feel so not worth upgrading,gen in the middle and the no rad on the right,the no rad strap is not so close in looks or quality

Reactions: ward1991

ward1991

Luminor-Based
Patron
Certified
24/7/13
So as for the strap,the zf barakuda is on the left,the zf strap is very close in looks,quality and feel so not worth upgrading,gen in the middle and the no rad on the right,the no rad strap is not so close in looks or quality
Luckily there is no shortage of higher quality tropic straps available that the blancpain buckle will transfer over to. I have! red and a yellow FKM tropics waiting for mine. Still have not received my watches, patiently waiting :)

Alhig72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
15/11/16
UK
Luckily there is no shortage of higher quality tropic straps available that the blancpain buckle will transfer over to. I have! red and a yellow FKM tropics waiting for mine. Still have not received my watches, patiently waiting :)
You may have a bit of trouble fitting them as the fkm straps can be quite thick and the spring bar holes are such that it does not leave much room to get the ends of the bars in the holes very easily, you can make the bars curved to make life a bit easier tho

ward1991

Luminor-Based
Patron
Certified
24/7/13
You may have a bit of trouble fitting them as the fkm straps can be quite thick and the spring bar holes are such that it does not leave much room to get the ends of the bars in the holes very easily, you can make the bars curved to make life a bit easier tho
I fitted them to my barrakuda for now. Used the thicker spring bars they came with, a slight pinch in the center with needle nose pliers and it will bend ever so slightly with pressure on both ends, just enough curve to slide into holes.

Last edited: