• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Daytona 116500 GEN VS NOOB, Clean V2, BT V2, Full comparison

TheSilentSinger

I shall sing you the song of my people
Supporter
Certified
31/5/22
Maple leaves and beavers
In my humble opinion, there is still no good substitute for a gen black dial :)

zqSCt2.jpg

zqSpet.jpg
Yup, I give up.
Pack it up boys, I'm selling all of my reps and going to a Rollie AD to put my name on the waiting list.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Well you can do a in between, like this build. Its expensive, but you have something absolutely stunning at a sensible cost :)

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
Ah, I see what you're referring to now. That outside sunlight picture?

Here is another shot of the two outside. (left is BTF v2 and right is gen, I know it looks the other way around here but trust me lol).

@M Scott @Bobi01 this effect is what I was talking about when I said in bright lights the gen shines like a light bulb and is not always matte.

TheSilentSinger

I shall sing you the song of my people
Supporter
Certified
31/5/22
Maple leaves and beavers
Well you can do a in between, like this build. Its expensive, but you have something absolutely stunning at a sensible cost :)

@2841 I have been debating about franken pieces and to be honest, it's a hard sell for me. If I end up spending $5k-$7k on a franken, I'm getting close to a gen no date sub territory.
Besides, all the frankens I have seen are overseas and if they get seized by the customs or lost, it's good night sweet prince to all that money.

Last edited:

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
@2841 I have been debating about franken pieces and to be honest, it's a hard sell for me. If I end up spending $5k-$7k on a franken, I'm getting close to a gen no date sub territory.
Besides, all the frankens I have seen are overseas and if they get seized by the customs or lost, it's good night sweet prince to all that money.
Well it depends on how you see it. I have a gen Panda i bought at retail, and i have my black build where everything is gen except movement and the bracelet. The build cost was around 10.000 USD. Comparing it to retail, no it doesn't make sense, but if you compare it to gray market prices, it makes sense, well at least for me :) I love that build, and it have zero tell that would bug me when i have it in rotation with my gens. I personally would rather have 3-4 really high end build than 10-15 stock reps :)

I've never had a watch seized by customs anywhere in the world. If you declare it at lets say 500 USD, and they open it up. worst case scenario is that they will return it to sender.

Reactions: RX7GP

ombre

So Young...So Naive
Supporter
Certified
13/5/16
Ah, I see what you're referring to now. That outside sunlight picture?

Here is another shot of the two outside. (left is BTF v2 and right is gen, I know it looks the other way around here but trust me lol).

Thank you so much for the comparison. I can see the difference now. I am fine with the BTF subdials for the time being. The difference in shininess does not bother me enough to get rid of it or franken it. I will probably buy a CF V3 to have both someday. I can see a significant difference in the crystal between the BTF and Gen in the pics too. But honestly, I prefer the clearer crystal of the BTF and I think it makes reading the time easier in lower light too. Thanks again @e1phantom for your time.

Reactions: SuperLory

RX7GP

🦁
Supporter
Patron
Certified
16/2/16
I can see a significant difference in the crystal between the BTF and Gen in the pics too.

There is a little difference between gen crystal and btf - but BTF looks more clear compared to gen in @e1phantom 's photos because gen has a protective film over crystal. It affects the clarity :)

e1phantom

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
There is a little difference between gen crystal and btf - but BTF looks more clear compared to gen in @e1phantom 's photos because gen has a protective film over crystal. It affects the clarity :)
Oh snap! I do! I didn’t install that lol I bought my gen from DSW in 2020. Previous owner must have put it on…

e1phantom

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Oh snap! I do! I didn’t install that lol I bought my gen from DSW in 2020. Previous owner must have put it on…
Just to be clear, I didn’t realize it was there lol I knew about the other protective stickers

ombre

So Young...So Naive
Supporter
Certified
13/5/16
I would have never noticed that. Thanks.

michaelle1193

15/1/20
I almost ordered a btf watch and only clean dial for 150$ . It will be perfect combo. But i still don’t like the clean dial at all even v3, the two extra circle on the subdials are fat, the numbers are too far from the edge ( i even looked at my panda and i can see it ) People says i will not see it only x50 zoom but it’s not true.
I think I’m gonna buy the btf watch instead of clean v3 cause I’m itchy. I will buy a another dial whenever they release the new model.

Pwagon

Horology Curious
18/9/22
Der all, i really like the discussions here as it help me for my buying decision. However I have three overall questions
(1) the CF v3 Looks best for me. However, does this Version provides chronograph functions with seamless movement of the clock fingers like the original?

(2) how is the quality of the bracelet and especially the clasp? I had a submariner where the corners were very sharp and I want to avoid that with my New buy

(3) I really love the Black daytona. However I want a replica with the highest quality. Would a panda be a better Pick?

I have read a lot in this forum but I am quite not Sure about my order... How much would a CF V3 cost? If there are better Options, i would also pay more (but no Franken)

Thank you all!

RX7GP

🦁
Supporter
Patron
Certified
16/2/16
I have read a lot in this forum but I am quite not Sure about my order... How much would a CF V3 cost? If there are better Options, i would also pay more (but no Franken)

Thank you all!

You don't sound like you read enough

Reactions: MaximillianGT

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I've never had a watch seized by customs anywhere in the world. If you declare it at lets say 500 USD, and they open it up. worst case scenario is that they will return it to sender.

US Customs does not return counterfeit luxury items to sender. They get seized. IDK what they do with them buy I wouldn't be surprised if some go missing from the evidence locker, haha.

If the items are Rolex, US Customs notifies a US attorney's office retained by Rolex to hunt down and prosecute counterfeiting violations. That office sends a certified letter (has to be signed for on receipt) to the suspected buyer seeking more information about the seizure.

The whole process of seizure and letter from a big time attorney's office can be alarming but unless you respond to the letter and get involved it ends there. They are looking for you to incriminate yourself and others. However the merchandise is not returned.

I've had two watches seized, Toro sent replacements free upon receipt of the seizure notice.

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Ho quasi ordinato un orologio btf e solo un quadrante pulito per 150 $. Sarà una combinazione perfetta. Ma ancora non mi piace affatto il quadrante pulito anche v3, i due cerchi in più sui quadranti secondari sono grassi, i numeri sono troppo lontani dal bordo (ho persino guardato il mio panda e posso vederlo) La gente dice che lo farò non lo vedo solo x50 zoom ma non è vero.
Penso che comprerò l'orologio btf invece del clean v3 perché ho prurito. Comprerò un altro quadrante ogni volta che pubblicheranno il nuovo modello.
For me is very very good rep!!!