• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Daytona 116500 GEN VS NOOB, Clean V2, BT V2, Full comparison

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
yes they are both made for 4130 so both will fit regardless.

my choice is BT case and BT coronet on CF V3 dial, monster right there

ebitdaddy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/11/19
Got this one in the mail today, very impressed!

Subdials look so close to gen!! I'm not alone there right? This looks very very close on first glimpse but further comparisons will be needed on the micro level. At a glance though...dare I say most accurate OOTB yet? The red ink Daytona lettering, while off, doesn't look HORRIBLE without a gen next to it even...unlike many other models that veer towards a bright red, they have gotten much closer to the darker "blood" red format (albeit a bit thicker).

e1phantom

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
I received my BTF v2 today. When comparing side-by-side to gen, I'm very disappointed in the "shininess" of the subdials. They are BRIGHT. But when I put it on my wrist, do I notice them? Yes, absolutely. But it bothers me less. Mentally, I know it's not close to gen, but it still brings me joy and I can wear it with less paranoia. If I had to choose now, I'd likely get Clean v3 (although it's not an official v3).

Also, the white dial is a Clean v2. I prefer the case of the Clean v2 to the BTF v2. Maybe I'm a noob in that regard.

fauquier spca

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Also, the crystal on the BTF v2 to TOO clear compared to gen.
Probably depends on which year your gen is from. Apparently newer gens have AR coating when gens from a few years ago didn't

ebitdaddy

21/11/19
I received my BTF v2 today. When comparing side-by-side to gen, I'm very disappointed in the "shininess" of the subdials. They are BRIGHT. But when I put it on my wrist, do I notice them? Yes, absolutely. But it bothers me less. Mentally, I know it's not close to gen, but it still brings me joy and I can wear it with less paranoia. If I had to choose now, I'd likely get Clean v3 (although it's not an official v3).

Also, the white dial is a Clean v2. I prefer the case of the Clean v2 to the BTF v2. Maybe I'm a noob in that regard.

fauquier spca
Christ - the shininess paired with the red "Daytona" lettering is just way too off gen...it's completely obvious. Maybe I was wrong and the example a few above with the less shiny subdials was a CFv3 (that the user "wactch" posted).

Last edited:

e1phantom

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Christ - the shininess paired with the red "Daytona" lettering is just way too off gen...it's completely obvious. Maybe I was wrong and the example a few above with the less shiny subdials was a CFv3 (that the user "wactch" posted).
Actually, I am very happy with the red Daytona text. Pictures never do things justice. IRL, the red is very close IMO.

Reactions: wisedennis

e1phantom

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Ah, I see what you're referring to now. That outside sunlight picture?

Here is another shot of the two outside. (left is BTF v2 and right is gen, I know it looks the other way around here but trust me lol).

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
Is this btf?

Subdials look so close to gen!! I'm not alone there right? This looks very very close on first glimpse but further comparisons will be needed on the micro level. At a glance though...dare I say most accurate OOTB yet? The red ink Daytona lettering, while off, doesn't look HORRIBLE without a gen next to it even...unlike many other models that veer towards a bright red, they have gotten much closer to the darker "blood" red format (albeit a bit thicker).

That has to be CF "v3"

It's btf :)

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
There seems to be the same difference between BTF / GEN and BTF / CLEAN

Reactions: shotgun

marcoxxxx84

17/4/17
Can you post a sode by side picture of the case profile? I mean the side with no pushers

Noob is squared and btf seems to be better than clean also
Thanks!!

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Thank you for taking the time to post all these pictures and comments... The difference is easy to see.

BTFv2-Gen-01.jpg

Reactions: wisedennis

ebitdaddy

21/11/19
There seems to be the same difference between BTF / GEN and BTF / CLEAN

It's tough because you can't see the shine the CFv3 vs the gen, but I'm a bit confused with everyone leaning towards BTF. In these comparisons and the above - the BTF just looks to shiny on the subdials, white dials too white - all of it a bit to "clean" lol (ironic). Am I wrong here?

I will say though, the first post wactch made, the subdials looked nice a matte grey.