• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best watch repair/mod service in Canada

patnaboy

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/3/12
That sounds reasonable for him to do. Just make sure you do your homework on fitment etc. He should be able to do it. He works on various types of movements. He has serviced 6497,7750,7753 and Pam superclone movements for me. I am not sure of other movements but I think he can. Double check with him. If you are near him perhaps meet him and get a feel for what all he can do. He is friendly guy. Prices are reasonable in my opinion.

Reactions: RDRoss

Momo666

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/9/22
Canada
🍁 Salut ! Anyone know of some watchsmiths happy to work on reps in Quebec? Montreal and surrounding regions?

Reactions: o.mg

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
🍁 Salut ! Anyone know of some watchsmiths happy to work on reps in Quebec? Montreal and surrounding regions?

It can be a struggle. We have nobody willing to work on reps in Vancouver… this prompted me to learn how to work on watch movements myself. For anyone interested, here’s the thread where I’ve been documenting my journey into watch smithing.

Hopefully there’s someone willing to work on reps in Montreal. I know there are some guys in Ontario who do. But for some reason watchsmiths (or at least the ones in Vancouver) don’t like servicing reps.

Reactions: Momo666

Momo666

17/9/22
Canada
It can be a struggle. We have nobody willing to work on reps in Vancouver… this prompted me to learn how to work on watch movements myself. For anyone interested, here’s the thread where I’ve been documenting my journey into watch smithing.

Hopefully there’s someone willing to work on reps in Montreal. I know there are some guys in Ontario who do. But for some reason watchsmiths (or at least the ones in Vancouver) don’t like servicing reps.
I'm waiting on a watch to arrive and if needed I'll call around and see if I can find someone in Montreal. Will be sure to share here if I do!

Reactions: dogwood

scott223905

Horology Curious
1/12/20
I contacted Yasir from Renown Watch Service in Whitby to do some work on my JKF sub; solid guy. Turnaround is fast, only a day for dial, crystal, hands, insert and crown & tube swap.
I'm not sure if he can do further modding tasks like shaving crown guard and drilling lugs, but for the regular watchmaker's works, I highly recommend him.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
I've used @dogwood here in Vancouver for my last 5-6 watch services. Amazing experience. Reasonable prices. And very good communication!

So far He's worked on my VS3235s, vr3235, VSF 8500/8900 clone, 2824, and a 4130.

Very knowledgeable dude!
Thanks for the kind words @CTbeforeLP

For anyone interested in following along I’ve made a thread to document my watch making journey.

911Turbo

16/8/18
Hey guys,
just wondering if anyone had a bad experience with Victor Chow.
I sent him a brand new Arf Explorer for waterproofing and servicing since its recommended.
when I received the watch back today, it had several scratches on it and a major one on the bezel. keep in mind I didn't even wear the watch I shipped it directly to him upon receiving from puretime.
I sent him a text to tell him I received the watch back and told him it was damaged. he hasn't responded yet.
hopefully this issue gets resolved. Its kind of his word word against mine. I already paid for also for his services.

Reactions: GGEuroHEADSHOT

Allthenamesweretaken

31/7/21
Oooofffff.. really sorry to hear that man. Any chance it was messed up in shipping? Maybe those on here that have dealt with him can speak to it. I've not used him.

Nobody on this "list" is an approved smith so sadly we're all taking chances. Hopefully it gets resolved.

911Turbo

16/8/18
so I have another update. When I got home I decide to wash the watch with soap and water. Now there is a fog inside the watch. I really don’t know what went wrong. He did come pretty recommended from the posts .
And as for the shipping it was sent well packaged and protected.
I’m so sad I feel like it’s ruined.:(

Momo666

17/9/22
Canada
so I have another update. When I got home I decide to wash the watch with soap and water. Now there is a fog inside the watch. I really don’t know what went wrong. He did come pretty recommended from the posts .
And as for the shipping it was sent well packaged and protected.
I’m so sad I feel like it’s ruined.:(
Sorry to hear about this!!! I would never wash the head part of a rep watch, I just don’t trust the water resistance.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Hey @mercedes1987 send it to me. (DM me for my address, I’m in BC). I’ll service it for free (it’ll need a full service since there’s been moisture inside the case).

I know the feeling of having just bought something expensive and now it’s broken. Don’t worry, your rep-family has your back.

scott223905

Horology Curious
1/12/20
Hey guys,
just wondering if anyone had a bad experience with Victor Chow.
I sent him a brand new Arf Explorer for waterproofing and servicing since its recommended.
when I received the watch back today, it had several scratches on it and a major one on the bezel. keep in mind I didn't even wear the watch I shipped it directly to him upon receiving from puretime.
I sent him a text to tell him I received the watch back and told him it was damaged. he hasn't responded yet.
hopefully this issue gets resolved. Its kind of his word word against mine. I already paid for also for his services.
No, you're not the only one, he did good work initially but then has been doing shoddy work since. I believe he was removed from trusted list on RWG for such incidents. I brought a VSF seamaster in his store for service and it was returned full of dust on dial. He took it back 3 times, and the dust was still there.

Reactions: Momo666

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
I was able to fix @mercedes1987 ’s Explorer I. I don’t want to speak ill of somebody else’s work, but if the condition of this Explorer I is representative of Victor Chow’s work, then I have to say that nobody should send a watch to be serviced by him. Ever. Details of the condition of the watch (which Victor “serviced” less than two weeks ago) can be found here:

Ok… now that I’ve got that off my chest, here’s a pic of the case with the butcher’s scratches polished out.

Momo666

17/9/22
Canada
No, you're not the only one, he did good work initially but then has been doing shoddy work since. I believe he was removed from trusted list on RWG for such incidents. I brought a VSF seamaster in his store for service and it was returned full of dust on dial. He took it back 3 times, and the dust was still there.
Thank you for confirming this!