• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best watch repair/mod service in Canada

Roy69

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/6/22
I had my GMF DJ serviced by Victor about 10 months ago because it wasn’t keeping time. Charged $60 for service and the watch ran well for 2 months and then it died.. the crown just spins and the hands don't move. Iv been travelling a lot so have not had a chance to go get it repaired as I live in another city.

I had contacted the TD Puretime who said that the maximum they can do is a $30 credit for the next purchase..

Looking at making another purchase and need a good watchmaker in the Toronto area to service both watches.

CTbeforeLP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/12/21
Canada
I had my GMF DJ serviced by Victor about 10 months ago because it wasn’t keeping time. Charged $60 for service and the watch ran well for 2 months and then it died.. the crown just spins and the hands don't move. Iv been travelling a lot so have not had a chance to go get it repaired as I live in another city.

I had contacted the TD Puretime who said that the maximum they can do is a $30 credit for the next purchase..

Looking at making another purchase and need a good watchmaker in the Toronto area to service both watches.
I would send them to @dogwood if you don't mind shipping to BC. But if you're only looking for someone in Toronto, then I would go with Yasir, at renown watch services.

I am in BC, I use to use Yasir, then I found Dogwood who is local to me in BC, and now only use him.

Roy69

29/6/22
I would send them to @dogwood if you don't mind shipping to BC. But if you're only looking for someone in Toronto, then I would go with Yasir, at renown watch services.

I am in BC, I use to use Yasir, then I found Dogwood who is local to me in BC, and now only use him.
Thank you for the recommendation, I just spoke with Yasir and he seems like a very genuine guy, even agreed to meet me near my area this week to pickup the watch as he frequently comes here. Quoted approx. 250 for full service plus replacement parts. I will keep you guys posted and share pics once its done.

Reactions: Abe Fromen

patnaboy

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/3/12
@Roy69 Yasir is great. I have used him a few times and he has done good work. Well versed with a variety of movements. Communications with him is very good.

Reactions: Roy69

Roy69

29/6/22
Met Yasir today and dropped off the watch. I believe he met with an accident, his face was pretty based up and had stitches.. He said he just started working again today.

RoyalTeas

Looking Around
22/11/20
🍁 Salut ! Anyone know of some watchsmiths happy to work on reps in Quebec? Montreal and surrounding regions?
Heyo, did you ever find someone in the Montreal region or you've been shipping out to Ontoraio or BC like others in this thread?

e85sbm

Looking Around
21/11/23
Anyone know of someone in Calgary? I am ok to ship to BC, but local would always be a benefit

patnaboy

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/3/12
@e85sbm I have tried three in Calgary and they all sucked. Depends on what u need done but the three shops i dealt with were not good.

Reactions: e85sbm

e85sbm

Looking Around
21/11/23
I have a Rolex rep bought from Geektime that needs a link removed from the bracelet. Any advice where I can get this done? I’m in Calgary, but willing to ship

patnaboy

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/3/12
@e85sbm you should be able to easily do it yourself. If its screws holding the links then just use a small screw driver. If its pin type just need a pin pusher from amazon. If u are uncomfortable then just go to any watchmaker shop. They can easily adjust it for you. Sorry I thought u were asking for movement work earlier.

john442

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/4/10
The Cold Canadian North
I have a Rolex rep bought from Geektime that needs a link removed from the bracelet. Any advice where I can get this done? I’m in Calgary, but willing to ship
That's an easy fix, take it to any small watch/clock shop or a jewellery shop that sells watches too,,, its like a 10 min job.
We have a small watch and clock shop here in one of the malls in Red Deer and i have taken my reps in to get sized and straps changed out.

They do great work for simple kind of stuff.

matrixx

Horology Curious
13/2/24
Canada
If you're in Canada and need work done to your watch there is no better choice than Avee8tor . I've sent 3 watches his way and each time he has done an amazing job. Extremely quick, excellent communication and just a really great guy as well.

Thanks again friend.
Hi Bora Ive been sending messages to Avee8tor but his not replying do you or anyone have his phone number so I can give him a call, I'm located in Montreal a need a good repair man

RDRoss

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
28/5/19
Hi Bora Ive been sending messages to Avee8tor but his not replying do you or anyone have his phone number so I can give him a call, I'm located in Montreal a need a good repair man
Avee8tor retired many moons ago. You can try @dogwood who is out West or one of the other listed watchmakers in this thread. I know @dogwood is a solid fella (just my 2 cents).

vp5048

Looking Around
9/4/24
Thanks for the shout out! I pride myself in making sure each watch gets the royal treatment. I’m a perfectionist by nature, and want to ensure the piece i send back is fixed right, with minimal delay and that it would be something I would be proud to wear. And I’m

Maxx496

Life's too short for bs
21/3/24
Any news??

On my side, I find I'm not as active on the forum as real life seems to be getting in the way.

That being said I pressure tested/waterproof 3 watches recently, got my receipts showing all 3 are good to 10 bar (100m) I'm super happy with the services, and the prices are very, very fair.
Hey who did you taken then to to be waterproofed? Do you have contact please