• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Beautiful Submariners on Ebay - Report this Trash

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
All reported.

Reactions: Tucker and KGZ

KGZ

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
28/9/22
All reported as well. Took me a while though as I had to do a few trips to the bathroom to puke after looking at the pics to list what is wrong.

These are really bottom of the barrel shit.

Reactions: Tucker

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
one stock picture posted, generic description, 0 sales....what could possibly go wrong!

So I messaged this guy and here are the pictures of the actual watch he sent me....standard s29 serial/7gj clasp code VSF

s-l1600f64b1c92bcfe7d77.jpg

s-l160025be178063431355f.jpg

s-l1600381fbee9c32f30506.jpg

s-l1600564e3bdc89cdc2634.jpg

s-l16006c6fc7ee58df61be4.jpg

Reactions: DiggerOfWatches

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
... I asked him if he can get a picture of the movement and the box and papers....
:unsure:

The way he has it listed I highly doubt eBay will take it down so I'm going to annoy the hell out of him with pointless questions.... At some point I'll probably outright tell him that I know he's selling a fake and see what he says

Zero2

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/9/23
UK
Who are they trying to sell these absolute abominations to? Steve Wonder? 😂

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I just reported it. Lets see if they listen to tripdog.

Well, they're as dumb as shit, but at least they're fast with their replies:

"Thanks again for reporting the listing(s) you found.

What happened:
We looked into your report and didn’t find the listing to be in violation of our policy. This determination was made by a customer service agent.

If you reported content that isn’t listed below, we’ll send a separate email once we’ve made a decision."

• Angry
Reactions: KGZ

KGZ

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
28/9/22
Well, they're as dumb as shit, but at least they're fast with their replies:
Yeah once an item has already been reported and they assessed that no further action was warranted, they will quickly reject future similar reports for that item. But if they keep receiving reports they'll look into it again.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Yeah once an item has already been reported and they assessed that no further action was warranted, they will quickly reject future similar reports for that item. But if they keep receiving reports they'll look into it again.

eBay have problems, their website is outdated, their search engine is shit, the fees are too high, payement methods are limited and outdated, Customer Service is slow, unhelpful and on the African continent. They're actively advertising and sponsoring in an effort to get people back on their website, but they've laid off staff 2 years in a row.
They just want sales, any sales, even if they're sales of counterfeit junk.

sorginator

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/12/23
Hmmmm I have $30k to spend on a watch. I COULD go to a reputable dealer... or... I could go to eBay. I know their vetting process is extremely strict, so I don't see any reason I should hesitate to drop half my yearly salary!

KGZ

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
28/9/22
Hmmmm I have $30k to spend on a watch. I COULD go to a reputable dealer... or... I could go to eBay. I know their vetting process is extremely strict, so I don't see any reason I should hesitate to drop half my yearly salary!
Or you could go to your favorite TD and spend it on several watches… or better yet, commission a grail build from one of our modders and use the rest of the money to treat yourself to a great trip somewhere…

Reactions: sorginator

sorginator

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/12/23
Or you could go to your favorite TD and spend it on several watches… or better yet, commission a grail build from one of our modders and use the rest of the money to treat yourself to a great trip somewhere…
Or hear me out... I can spend gen money on a shitter rep

• Haha