• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Beautiful Submariners on Ebay - Report this Trash

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
Not to mention, and with all due respect to @Rx4Time , why would the seller waste their time opening it for a random person on ebay who wasn't going to buy it?

Regardless of method, I use to sell on Ebay and can attest to the fact that messages from potential buyers are as bad as the posts here by people asking about "who makes the best sub" and QC reddit aligned tool photos. It's annoying and not worth the sellers time.

In this case, that Rolex is genuine. No question.

Reactions: Zeta7

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
Sure, that may do the trick. I've seen it work. I've also seen it not work.

Odds are someone with a genuine Rolex isn't going to want to use a hack method. It doesn't always work either, especially when the caseback is torqued down to it's max. It tends to work with replicas, because well, they're replicas where water resistance isn't on the priority list.

$15-20 gets a good knurled caseback tool.
Only back opener to buy unless you’re willing to buy a press. I have a press and still use that eBay tool.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Only back opener to buy unless you’re willing to buy a press. I have a press and still use that eBay tool.
That's the tool set I have as well. I have opened my genuine submariner and my genuine pelagos with it without any drama (in addition to many reps over the years)

Reactions: Zeta7

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
That's the tool set I have as well. I have opened my genuine submariner and my genuine pelagos with it without any drama (in addition to many reps over the years)
I’ve noticed that downward pressure causes issues after you start unscrewing the case back and I have to find a happy medium. Do you run into that issue with gen also?

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Once I get it loose a couple of spins, I actually turn it upside down so the case back is facing downward and unscrew it the rest of the way by fingers. This is the easiest way I've found with both genuines and replica as it continually binds. I've also sometimes placed gentle upward pressure as I unscrewed by fingers, but I found this to be a little more cumbersome

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
I have never reported to eBay any watch that I wasn't 100% sure was a replica. Even if everybody else said it was a fake, if I had any doubt, I didn't report it. They were all shitters. See the pictures above. Despite that, I would frequently receive the following response:

Thanks again for reporting the listing(s) you found.

What happened:
We looked into your report and didn’t find the listing to be in violation of our policy. This determination was made by a customer service agent.

If you reported content that isn’t listed below, we’ll send a separate email once we’ve made a decision.

That message was discouraging, but I considered the source. Then, out of the blue, I received the following from eBay:

We received your report but have concerns

Hello XXXXXXXX
We’ve noticed a pattern of unfounded reports from you. Please see our emails following up to your previous reports for examples.

What this means for your account:
We know this might have been an honest mistake. As of now, there is no impact to your ability to submit reports.

If this continues to happen, your reports will automatically be closed and your ability to submit reports will be temporarily suspended.

Why do we have this policy?
Users shouldn’t misuse our reporting processes – when they do, it’s disruptive for our community. Under the eBay User Agreement, eBay may stop processing reports from those that frequently misuse our reporting process. You can read our guidelines below.
Review our User Agreement
What you can do in the future:
When flagging problematic content, make sure you submit clear evidence of a violation in your reports.
Thanks,
eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.

I guess it shouldn't surprise me since this was probably automatically generated due to of the number of the above-cited messages I received indicating eBay didn’t find the listing to be in violation of their policy, despite me reporting obvious fakes. It's not going to slow me down. I'll continue to report, and I suggest others do too. Of course, I can't respond by email to this message which is typical chicken-shit eBay.

Singapore9

Renowned Member
Patron
9/8/10
That's interesting - I have reported a number of absolute 100% fakes recently and they have just given me the "didn’t find the listing to be in violation" brush off! These are vintage Tudors - VERY easy to spot fakes. Don't really want to lose my ebay account so I guess I better stop trying to save them time and money, doing their work for them. Absolute clowns. Only seems to have started happening this year, or even the last few months. Of course; there is no one you can rant at... unless someone knows a way?!

Reactions: Rx4Time

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
That's interesting - I have reported a number of absolute 100% fakes recently and they have just given me the "didn’t find the listing to be in violation" brush off! These are vintage Tudors - VERY easy to spot fakes. Don't really want to lose my ebay account so I guess I better stop trying to save them time and money, doing their work for them. Absolute clowns. Only seems to have started happening this year, or even the last few months. Of course; there is no one you can rant at... unless someone knows a way?!
Don't stop reporting. This is all they will do: If this continues to happen, your reports will automatically be closed and your ability to submit reports will be temporarily suspended.