• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BBR factory RM 055

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
I'll add to those who noticed a stutter in the second hand in QC. Mine was pretty bad up near the 12:00-1:00 area but that's just sort of the nature of the movement as others have said. I imagine you could tighten the friction spring with a teeny bend like in the NH05 and other Miyotas to make it a little better if it's that bothersome, but we're going to have to wait till someone tears it down to be sure.

Do u got your watch yet? I just approved my QC from Jtime after I rejected 2 watches.
just curious how long gonna be ship.
I think the BBR has very poor QC. The build quality is very bad.

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Do u got your watch yet? I just approved my QC from Jtime after I rejected 2 watches.
just curious how long gonna be ship.
I think the BBR has very poor QC. The build quality is very bad.

Care to share what need to look out for? Gonna order mine soon too.

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
Care to share what need to look out for? Gonna order mine soon too.

some movement has ding or scratches, but there is no way you will get perfect one, even the last QC I was accepted still have something on movement, I was tired waiting another qc, and 8 know there was not jtime's fault, dont want make hard time here. so I just accepted.

The front crystal has gap problem, some crystal not applied well and u will see the gap between case and crystal.

may have some water mark on second hand (dirty?)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
some movement has ding or scratches, but there is no way you will get perfect one, even the last QC I was accepted still have something on movement, I was tired waiting another qc, and 8 know there was not jtime's fault, dont want make hard time here. so I just accepted.

The front crystal has gap problem, some crystal not applied well and u will see the gap between case and crystal.

may have some water mark on second hand (dirty?)

I guess BBR said you cn have a close enough looking watch or a quality watch but not both lol. Im curious now to see if in hand the the fact that the movement functions makes it worth ordering regadless or is it still better to hold off for the eventual V2 or maybe V3

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
I guess BBR said you cn have a close enough looking watch or a quality watch but not both lol. Im curious now to see if in hand the the fact that the movement functions makes it worth ordering regadless or is it still better to hold off for the eventual V2 or maybe V3

I have a high appreciation for the pioneers taking the plunge on the first batch so we can all see, but unless you're in a big rush, I would say it's definitely the safest thing to do. It's the first one with a moving balance so I think there are big improvements to be made.

It's very exciting, I think this BBR has reignited the market for rep RMs. And I think there is a chance this could push ZF into action, more competition is only good for us. A bit like Clean and BTF for the Daytona.

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
I know it's only $588 for it.
About same price as ZF's

But honestly
I rather pay more to get better quality build.
I don't mind pay $788 or $888 for it if BBR can make better quality.

Reactions: Mercedesslr

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
I think BBR can produce a perfectly high quality watch at this price point. The recent increase in rep price doesn’t seem to make to much sense.

As mentioned before I have a BBR Roger Dubuis Excalibur tourbillon and it is pure quality (except the buckle).

Anyway, my dealer refused the watch for the second hand shuttering and is waiting for a replacement (the watch was perfectly build tho)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
I think BBR can produce a perfectly high quality watch at this price point. The recent increase in rep price doesn’t seem to make to much sense.

As mentioned before I have a BBR Roger Dubuis Excalibur tourbillon and it is pure quality (except the buckle).

Anyway, my dealer refused the watch for the second hand shuttering and is waiting for a replacement (the watch was perfectly build tho)

The second hand shuttering is normal to this movement, there is no way your TD can get no second hand shuttering. Unless your TD can re-design gear trian and re made of all movement.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
The second hand shuttering is normal to this movement, there is no way your TD can get no second hand shuttering. Unless your TD can re-design gear trian and re made of all movement.

one thing is stuttering.
one other is jumping huge leaps like I saw in some videos of this watch

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Pictures (they are screen grab from a video hence the low quality)
ed4f717f68818a1e06b1cf891813931b.jpg

e1818a50f24ae7e0803304dd6b7de9d6.jpg

Reactions: greenbeans

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
Anyone still waiting for QCs? I ordered quite a long time ago and still no QCs