• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BBR factory RM 055

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Yep, minor ding, I don't mind, watch is relatively cheap and I'm probably going to end up with a few of them

Reactions: Mercedesslr

asuwere

2/6/19
The white ceramic doesn't have that semi-translucent look, which is nice.

soubido

Known Member
29/12/18
I was going to hold out until a potential V2 or V3 but all these QC pictures are tempting me to just pull the trigger now...

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Just a comparison pic. Gen obviously left.

zWKzIc.jpg

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
Just a comparison pic. Gen obviously left.

zWKzIc.jpg

Great comparison just what we needed.
While this rep is the best yet it's unlikely we'll ever get a clone movement. I'm pretty sure no rep movements exists that have two functional mainsprings. But as a fun piece, this BBR is great!

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
i'd ask a 1 min video to check the second hand running..it seems a bit jerky

I have seen that. I have another video on the timegrapher and it is better - but not super smooth. I have noticed the same also from other videos online so I suppose it is inherent to the movement construction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
I have seen that. I have another video on the timegrapher and it is better - but not super smooth. I have noticed the same also from other videos online so I suppose it is inherent to the movement construction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the movt construction as it is based or practically a Miyota. All miyota's suffer from certain amount of stutter and even seconds jumping forward when setting time.

Reactions: Swiss_goupil

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
I'll add to those who noticed a stutter in the second hand in QC. Mine was pretty bad up near the 12:00-1:00 area but that's just sort of the nature of the movement as others have said. I imagine you could tighten the friction spring with a teeny bend like in the NH05 and other Miyotas to make it a little better if it's that bothersome, but we're going to have to wait till someone tears it down to be sure.

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
i'd ask a 1 min video to check the second hand running..it seems a bit jerky

All miyota 8 series movement has this problem, it's call stuttering second effect, and this RM055 movement are mod base on 8215 or 8n24.