• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BBR factory RM 055

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
So it seems like watch is ok overall and will improve in a v3-v4 form but still have issue inherit to BBR like the clasps.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Got QC from PureTime, had some issues so waiting for new pictures to confirm issues were just smudges or bad camera angle etc. Hopefully can approve and get it shipped.

brendan777

Golfer
Banned
16/8/12
FYI, word on the street in China is that this movement has a 60-70% failure/problematic rate. They made too many mods on the original movement turning the whole thing into a reliability timebomb. Would advise to be careful guys.

Reactions: TheDonSL

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
I’ve got my very reliable clean Daytona broken in 2 weeks time and trouble with gen watches and end up paying thousands to pay to save them, I think this Bbr for a 0.5k reliable enough

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
TD said there is something more interesting coming soon, Bbr is a big step forward I think

vetteshark

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/6/22
Colorado, USA
I received mine earlier this week and I now have both the original version of the watch without the newer movement to compare. I will take side-by-side photos and post them soon. My initial impression is that the movement design is much improved and moves the design closer to an exposed movement versus a fixed in-place / non-functional design. However its only a partial success in this respect as some parts are still fixed. The other main difference is the case size is a bit larger (not a big deal) but the crystal definitely doesn't have the same non-glare coating as the first version. This is one area where the first version is much better. Overall between the two versions I'd definitely choose the newer one with the exposed and functional fly wheel.

vetteshark

6/6/22
Colorado, USA
Here are side-by-side photos of the ZF and BBR versions of the watch.

PENF0104.jpg

PENF0104.jpg

PENF0091.jpg
PENF0092.jpg
PENF0093.jpg
PENF0094.jpg
PENF0095.jpg
PENF0096.jpg
PENF0098.jpg
PENF0099.jpg
PENF0100.jpg
PENF0101.jpg
PENF0102.jpg
PENF0103.jpg
PENF0104.jpg

vetteshark

6/6/22
Colorado, USA
One quick way to tell which one is which in my photos is as follows:
  • ZF has a darker silver finish on the crown
  • ZF has an anti-glare coating on the crystal
  • BBR has a bit larger case size
  • BBR has a lighter silver finish on the crown
  • BBR has fatter/thicker strap keeper loops
  • BBR has a larger barrel design on the exposed movement/watch face

carter1

23/6/22
One quick way to tell which one is which in my photos is as follows:
The BBR also has that stupid red jewel which they claim is to make sure it's not "too good a rep" to get into hot water (I don't buy it)

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Big ups for the photo comparison @vetteshark ! I appreciate you taking the time and you've got much better light than I do around my place. This is a great comparison of like-to-like. Enjoy your watches!

Reactions: vetteshark

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Funny to see. ZF always taking the piss with gen-like/functioning movements and slap deco everywhere. BBR always taking the piss of making the case size / shape gen spec. Maybe they should make a lovechild with the positive notes lol.

Reactions: Swiss_goupil

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
FYI, word on the street in China is that this movement has a 60-70% failure/problematic rate. They made too many mods on the original movement turning the whole thing into a reliability timebomb. Would advise to be careful guys.
I think you are right, just got mine and try to wind and setting time then is dead not moving!
Watch over all are looking better in person then qc, will made.
But the movement is dead.

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
Here is my thoughts on BBR rm055
I got black one.
About the weight gen are 92g, the BBR one is 115g, for a rep is very close to gen weight, it's not bad.
The case, the ceramic case are Matt finished and very smooth when you touch the case, there is no sharp feeling on the case, very nice.
The screw on the case are look smooth and clean.
The movement, when I saw my QC I thought the movement has bad finished, but when I got in my hand the movement are clean and look nice, no dust and screw on the movement are smooth and clean too,
The word on movement its look like print on but is sharp and clean.
The minutes and hour second hand are look very well mad clean and no crap edges, the lumen on hand is clean and apply well.
The crystal is not bad is apply on case evenly very smooth with the case, but look no ar, but over all is not bad.
Hour dots look nice and lume are strong, very well.
The rubber strap are smooth and soft, not really bad. It's good quality.
Over all its very good from BBR, if you don't care about the red jewel,
You don't need wait for v2 or v3.

BUT MOST IMPORTANT IS...
The movement is time bomb, my came is arrived dead, it's not working. Now I am trying to email jtime to see are there is any solution. But best way I hope I can find local watch Smith can fix it, but I don't think so, because the watch are mod and screw with special screw, I don't think any Smith can fix that, but I really love that watch, hope I can keep my watch and got fix also...

Last edited by a moderator:

carter1

23/6/22
The movement is time bomb, my came is arrived dead
After all the build up, er, that's kind of a big deal problem! Let us know what Li @ Jtime does for you because like you say, this might be hard to find a local watchsmith to fix.

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Here is my thoughts on BBR rm055
I got black one.
About the weight gen are 92g, the BBR one is 115g, for a rep is very close to gen weight, it's not bad.
The case, the ceramic case are Matt finished and very smooth when you touch the case, there is no sharp feeling on the case, very nice.
The screw on the case are look smooth and clean.
The movement, when I saw my QC I thought the movement has bad finished, but when I got in my hand the movement are clean and look nice, no dust and screw on the movement are smooth and clean too,
The word on movement its look like print on but is sharp and clean.
The minutes and hour second hand are look very well mad clean and no crap edges, the lumen on hand is clean and apply well.
The crystal is not bad is apply on case evenly very smooth with the case, but look no ar, but over all is not bad.
Hour dots look nice and lume are strong, very well.
The rubber strap are smooth and soft, not really bad. It's good quality.
Over all its very good from BBR, if you don't care about the red jewel,
You don't need wait for v2 or v3.

BUT MOST IMPORTANT IS...
The movement is time bomb, my came is arrived dead, it's not working. Now I am trying to email jtime to see are there is any solution. But best way I hope I can find local watch Smith can fix it, but I don't think so, because the watch are mod and screw with special screw, I don't think any Smith can fix that, but I really love that watch, hope I can keep my watch and got fix also...
Damn i hope it gets resolved mate. Can you show us pics from the front and back of movt. maybe we can help.