• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Back to Rep after years of Gen

EarlOfBacon

bad old man ...
19/11/23
Germoney
Very interesting thread with many different points of view, enjoyed it so far.
Would like to replay later, out for work now😒

Reactions: Dave2302

EarlOfBacon

bad old man ...
19/11/23
Germoney
Well, I came to watches like a nun to the child.
Had a great and fast run in early 90s where money in my pocket grown faster like I would like to spend it, so one day came to the point how to save the bucks cause of never trusted any bank.
a business - partner gave me the advice to buy watches and so it goes, bought some Rolex and Omega.
Long story short, to me personally this hype over swiss made watches, especially Rolex is ridiculous and I don't like to support that any more.
For shure, if you ever had a Gen in your hand you will never forget the feel of turning a bezel, how it sounds, the crown, weight, shine and so far and so on and a rep will never reach that state and never be the same but this Chinese copy's of our time are damned good, getting better and better and so that's a bug I can live with.
Aside from that I'm at the beginning to explore Franken watches and from my point of view that's the best from both worlds, think that this will satisfy me.

vpnxy

Looking Around
22/3/24
Hey guys, I'm new here in the forum, and I have to say, I already like you all!

So, I have an old Omega Seamaster Quartz and a Zenith El Primero, caliber 400. The cool sound of the Zenith really got me. It ran almost flawlessly for nearly 20 years. But unfortunately, it took a slight water damage, and some parts are shot or completely missing. Turns out, it's cheaper to send the watch directly to Zenith instead of buying the missing parts individually. That's why I'm considering getting two good replicas instead of investing in repairs.

As an alternative, I got myself years ago a cheap Seamaster in blue with an aluminum bezel from DH Gate a while back, which I've spruced up a bit. Plus, another one of even worse quality that now serves as a parts donor. Since then, I've been wearing this replica, which totally looks like an old Omega. The clasp is labeled wrong, there are errors on the dial, the movement has stopped, and I just can't get the second hand back on. I'm thinking about fitting a replacement movement 3235 and have already started researching.

Yesterday, I stumbled upon this forum, and I'm really glad I ended up here. I'd be stoked to get my hands on an Omega Seamaster 300m Basel 2018 SS/SS Blue or Green/Dot ZF A8800. Or maybe a Rolex Submariner, without the date and without the magnifying glass, because I still have an original Rolex dial lying around. If I can find a case where the Rolex logo isn't crooked on the minutes.

Thanks to this forum, I might have found a guy in Germany who can put new luminous material on for me. That would truly be my first "Frankenstein"!

I'm confident I won't be disappointed here. And I've also noticed that there are vendors who accept PayPal payments after a year of membership in the forum. Now, I'm debating whether to wait or to stay active in the forum until someone offers me one of those Seamasters that's pretty close to the original and is either available here in the forum or is sold in person in Germany.

By the way, I have loads of info on the caliber 400, but unfortunately, no manual. The YouTube tutorials aren't all that great either. I'd love to take the thing apart and put it back together myself, or at least be there for it.

Guys, I just can't remember the codeword right now...

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Sadly the PayPal thing is because there have been knob jockeys who have gone off all "charge back" like, which if you use the sellers here and understand the timeframes etc will never ever ever never be necessary.

The code is "Become Certified Supporter" and then sellers will be more accomodating.

If someone taketh tha piss, join back in, don't go all snowflake, and ya should do fine.

Reactions: vpnxy