• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[AWARDED] IWC 7 Days Portuguese 5001 & 5007 Review and Comparison

dabestone

Renowned Member
6/12/14
Thanks for the replies guys. That's what im thinking to get too... ZF v3 = 5007 zf v1

thermalboyz

I'm Pretty Popular
29/11/14
United Kingdom
great it helps others as much as it helps me.

Click the "Star" under the post to add user reputation would be much appreciated. :punk:

dabestone

Renowned Member
6/12/14
great it helps others as much as it helps me.

Click the "Star" under the post to add user reputation would be much appreciated. :punk:

Did that buddy. By the way, had done my fair share of reading, has the subdials of the black color dial on "V3" been updated to a more gen-like matte black in comparison to v1 and v3 where the subdials were more glossy. Some say it has been updated, some say it's still the same.

Anyone can confirm this?

Thanks

Variatio Delectat

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/13
Planet Earth
I do not have 5007, so not have measurement. I suggest you can measure your rep strap and put into drawing like above it would greatly help others.

Sent from my pigeon

I already ordered a 5007, so in a few days I should be able to provide it. However what I see from the pics the rep strap is not only crappy as usual but especially does not show the correct curve so it does not fit gapless. Another shame, but I'm afraid that will not help very much. What I can of course provide as an additional help are the measurements of the watch and the curved spring bar though.

Variatio Delectat

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/13
Planet Earth
Well guys, I received the qc pics, and - surprise - the watch has the famous crooked 1 at 10. I rejected, of course, but look for yourselves...

IMG_1349_crooked2.JPG

Stealthy

MULTI ACCOUNT
9/4/13
Hi guys, does anyone know whether the YF V5 white dial gold numeral still has the wrong dial color (too white)?

The seller said that this is ZF, but from comparing it with the detailed photo in the 1st page, I think this is YF, not ZF

Stealthy

MULTI ACCOUNT
9/4/13
ZF v2 or older YL model. (Can't see the barrel wheel deco clearly.

Do you know whether this older YL model still have a wrong color for the white dial mate?

I believe is not the YL v1 for sure because the rotor plate is already have the copper part

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thermalboyz

I'm Pretty Popular
29/11/14
United Kingdom
TBH, i don't know about YL that much. Colour difference might occur but hard to tell from different lighting condition. i would say go to the latest YL or ZF V2 or V3 if you can but depends on what the price you want. It's been long since YL model and they might have updated the dial or it might just an old stock the TD have.

Stealthy

MULTI ACCOUNT
9/4/13
TBH, i don't know about YL that much. Colour difference might occur but hard to tell from different lighting condition. i would say go to the latest YL or ZF V2 or V3 if you can but depends on what the price you want. It's been long since YL model and they might have updated the dial or it might just an old stock the TD have.

Yeah im aware that ZF v3 is the best, is just that this one is offered by a local dealer so I can get it in 2 days and no need to worry about custom issue....

As long as it don't scream fake (by having a completely white dial instead of cream) then I wouldn't mind

Stealthy

MULTI ACCOUNT
9/4/13
Hi guys, I just saw this ZF video here:

http://www.replicawatchvideo.com/po...-brown-leather-strap-a52010-v2_f10c28298.html

It can be clearly seen that ZF stamped the case @12 & @6, whereas from the other video it seems that YL doesn't have it.

I'm curious whether the gen also have those stamping? I've tried to find the video of the gen and found the 5001-07, not the rose gold as what in the video. From what I can see, the gen 5001-07 don't have any stamp @12 & @6

Stealthy

MULTI ACCOUNT
9/4/13
Thanks for the sharing [MENTION=92793]thermalboyz[/MENTION]

Pulse

Getting To Know The Place
22/6/16
Fantastic thread thermalboyz, truely spot on.
As of today would you say the YLF v6 or the ZF v3 is the closer replica or would you suggest one of the older versions got it closer ?
In terms of durability, which would potentially live up to daily rigors better in your opinion ?

ds7500

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
20/6/16
Incredible review - thank you. The ZF seems amazingly close to gen, this will be my next purchase. Again, thanks for posting.