• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Audemars Piguet Polos - FINAL DESIGN [POLL]

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
Kept lookin' back at the shirts and noticed the lining on them. Well made! From the pics they don't look like cheapo, no-name, gonna-fall-apart-after-1-wash, type of shirt!

Well done Q!

And since we're all into details here - have you thought of stitching "Audemars Piguet" or "Audemars Audemars Audemars" on the blue lining around the collar and towards the bottom of the shirt? Like the Rolex rehaut engravings....

I didn't know if that was a plausible/cost effective idea but that would certainly add uber visual value to the shirt.

Disregard if this was already brought up. I didn't read fully the first thread.

Oh mate sorry to disappoint you and hopefully you'll still get one but those are not the t-shirts I'm going to use. If I use those the price of the polo will go up to nearly or over $100 and I doubt anyone will be paying that. I will try and find the best quality polo I can for the best price. I have no problem using higher quality polos as long as the person is willing to pay for it ya know. I don't want to end up spending $1000 and then at the end of the day be left with $700 worth of t-shirt left because some people thought they don't need one anymore

fitipaldi

8/10/10
Me too I thought the polos shown on the pics were the ones you will sell.
Do you have a picture of the real polos you will use?

thanks

QinetiQ

Banned
6/8/09
I'm still looking for the best quality polos with fabric weight at least 220gms (which is the same as Ralph Lauren polos) As I said, the polo I have there costs aroud $65 and with all the embroidery it will run up to $100 easily. As soon as I find high quality polos I will post pictures so everyone know what they will be getting

QinetiQ

Banned
6/8/09
Original post updated. Please read

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08
http://www.polo-shirts.co.uk/

please check this website, lot's of companies use this site for promotion etc... I'll also give you a tip about the use of cotton, cotton does not dry as fast as a mix of cotton and polyester, also, cotton will not use it's form (the form of the collar, neck) and cotton can shrink more easily than a mix of polyester - cotton. Just a tip :)

fredmertz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/9/10
http://www.polo-shirts.co.uk/

please check this website, lot's of companies use this site for promotion etc... I'll also give you a tip about the use of cotton, cotton does not dry as fast as a mix of cotton and polyester, also, cotton will not use it's form (the form of the collar, neck) and cotton can shrink more easily than a mix of polyester - cotton. Just a tip :)

I think a cotton/poly blend would turn at least one yes into a no.

How can that top polo cost $100 when I can buy a lacoste polo for less than 2/3 of that?

markh

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
14/1/10
he said the polo would be $65 plus the cost of adding the logos... sooooo, close to $100 altogether...

fredmertz

25/9/10
he said the polo would be $65 plus the cost of adding the logos... sooooo, close to $100 altogether...

Yes. And I wondered why a non-branded polo of any color would cost $65 when a top quality branded one costs about the same.

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
It's an Abercrombie polo. This is the exact shirt- the logo
AF-M-Polos31701.jpg

It's an expensive polo, regardless of discounts. It's not "non-branded" the brand is removed in the picture. It runs $50-$60, but that's with the logo. It actually costs MORE for the model without the logo.

fredmertz

25/9/10
It's an Abercrombie polo. This is the exact shirt- the logo
AF-M-Polos31701.jpg

It's an expensive polo, regardless of discounts. It's not "non-branded" the brand is removed in the picture. It runs $50-$60, but that's with the logo. It actually costs MORE for the model without the logo. The guy is trying to help people out, by letting them get in on a buy for something custom. Some people can bi*ch about a bj.

I asked a question looking for an answer. That's not bitching. There were no complaints. You had the answer and could have given it to me matter of factly or graciously and you chose to do neither.

SpootyPuff

I'm Pretty Popular
19/6/10
Oh mate sorry to disappoint you and hopefully you'll still get one but those are not the t-shirts I'm going to use. If I use those the price of the polo will go up to nearly or over $100 and I doubt anyone will be paying that. I will try and find the best quality polo I can for the best price. I have no problem using higher quality polos as long as the person is willing to pay for it ya know. I don't want to end up spending $1000 and then at the end of the day be left with $700 worth of t-shirt left because some people thought they don't need one anymore

No worries QQ, I'm still down for, at the very least, 1 regardless of the polo model. As long as it doesn't fall apart on me on the first wash ;)

QinetiQ

Banned
6/8/09
Guys, chillax. I am not going to go forward with this thing until I find the best quality polo available and with the embroidery all together it WILL NOT run more than $45-$50. I have already ordered a sample polo from a website which has a fabric weight of 250gms (grams per squared meter). This is actually more than what you get in the Lacoste polo and just about the same in the Ralph Lauren one. I'll order a bunch of polos from different makers to see which one will be the best and guys, I know my polos. I have at least 20 branded ones and I can differentiate between good and bad polo. If someone wishes to you a more expensive branded polo then there will be no problem with me whatsoever as long as the buyer is wishing to pay extra for the polo he wants. Bottom line is, I will not start embroidery until I find the best quality:money ratio polo I can find. Guys I am not making ANY profit on this. Normally embroidery is really cheap but when in bigger quantities and I am lucky enough to have a friend in that business and he's kind enough to do this for me. Normally he doesn't take orders with less than 100 products to be embroided