• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF silently released new 16610LN's and 16610LV's

locoquokka

Still New
17/4/23
United States
So much good information here, thank you to everyone for commenting. I took a read through the new BP 5-digit sub thread as well and now I'm stuck in analysis paralysis as to which 16610LN to lean toward for best out the box since I don't trust myself to mod any of my reps o_O

Young&Free

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/11/18
Hi, I want to change my ARF 116610 crystal but pure time only has crystal made from GMF. Can they fit to my ARF watch?

or if there are other options for Crystal, please suggest. Thank you

Sundek

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/3/18
Italy
Hi, I want to change my ARF 116610 crystal but pure time only has crystal made from GMF. Can they fit to my ARF watch?

or if there are other options for Crystal, please suggest. Thank you
hi,
on my raf/arf 16610 I installed a crystal vs for sub 40 so yes it is compatible

Sundek

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/3/18
Italy
HI,
no I said I installed a vsf crystal instead of its stock.
The gmf sub 40 one will certainly be fine but I don't think it is of higher quality than the stock arf one!!

Young&Free

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/11/18
HI,
no I said I installed a vsf crystal instead of its stock.
The gmf sub 40 one will certainly be fine but I don't think it is of higher quality than the stock arf one!!
Ah ok. I don’t have a choice, because arf ran out of stock. Currently I’m using Prof crystal. But the AR wear off a little so i gotta change it

Sundek

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/3/18
Italy
I have had crystals from the prof in the past
I honestly don't like them
try looking for a crystal vs from some td or on the forum market

Reactions: SamboMambo

johnchpark

1/12/22
South Korea
So much good information here, thank you to everyone for commenting. I took a read through the new BP 5-digit sub thread as well and now I'm stuck in analysis paralysis as to which 16610LN to lean toward for best out the box since I don't trust myself to mod any of my reps o_O

I'm no expert, but these are things I personally noticed:

Image 1:
Red: BPF has a much thicker chamfer than ARF. ARF is more gen like
Green: BPF has slightly deeper SEL height; BPF is more gen like (?)
Yellow: BPF has smaller bezel "crinkles" than ARF. ARF is more gen like. Also, BPF uses 6-digit Bezel assembly (From what I hear). Also, BPF bezel insert is not compatible with ARF or Gen without thinning the bezel insert.
Blue: BPF has crisper and thinner datewheel font than ARF. BPF more gen like.

Image 2:
Red: BPF bracelet comes with polished sides; They messed this up by switching 16610 and 16600 bracelets. ARF is more gen like.
Blue: BPF bezel is thicker than ARF. ARF more gen like.
Green: BPF has slightly thinner caseback than ARF.

Image 3:
I know there is a confusion about SH3135 v2 vs VR3135, and factories merging etc.
But the movements in ARF and BPF are definitely different (according to Trusty's images).
Red: BPF shock absorber setting has a slightly wider mouth than ARF.
Green: engravement quality is much different on BPF than ARF. BPF looks like it's more deeply and crisply engraved than ARF.
Blue: Finishing is different between BPF and ARF.
Maybe rumors are true and SH/VR are merged. Maybe the Trusty examples are just different 3135 batches from same factory. Or perhaps the rumors are wrong. But at least from Trusty's images, BPF looks like a better movement quality than ARF.

These are just stuff I noticed. I know crownguard shape is something a lot of others point out, but I personally can't really tell much of a difference (I'd be open to someone explaining the difference).
I went with BP due to price difference, but having mixed feelings now.
ARF better in some aspects, BPF better in others. Also the possibility of different movement qualities.

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
I'm no expert, but these are things I personally noticed:

Image 1:
Red: BPF has a much thicker chamfer than ARF. ARF is more gen like
Green: BPF has slightly deeper SEL height; BPF is more gen like (?)
Yellow: BPF has smaller bezel "crinkles" than ARF. ARF is more gen like. Also, BPF uses 6-digit Bezel assembly (From what I hear). Also, BPF bezel insert is not compatible with ARF or Gen without thinning the bezel insert.
Blue: BPF has crisper and thinner datewheel font than ARF. BPF more gen like.

Image 2:
Red: BPF bracelet comes with polished sides; They messed this up by switching 16610 and 16600 bracelets. ARF is more gen like.
Blue: BPF bezel is thicker than ARF. ARF more gen like.
Green: BPF has slightly thinner caseback than ARF.

Image 3:
I know there is a confusion about SH3135 v2 vs VR3135, and factories merging etc.
But the movements in ARF and BPF are definitely different (according to Trusty's images).
Red: BPF shock absorber setting has a slightly wider mouth than ARF.
Green: engravement quality is much different on BPF than ARF. BPF looks like it's more deeply and crisply engraved than ARF.
Blue: Finishing is different between BPF and ARF.
Maybe rumors are true and SH/VR are merged. Maybe the Trusty examples are just different 3135 batches from same factory. Or perhaps the rumors are wrong. But at least from Trusty's images, BPF looks like a better movement quality than ARF.

These are just stuff I noticed. I know crownguard shape is something a lot of others point out, but I personally can't really tell much of a difference (I'd be open to someone explaining the difference).
I went with BP due to price difference, but having mixed feelings now.
ARF better in some aspects, BPF better in others. Also the possibility of different movement qualities.
This is what came in my ARF that arrived yesterday.

krizzy

Patron
Certified
18/4/17
Switzerland
Anyone tried any bracelet with glidelock on the 16610LV? I'm looking for any options - thanks!