• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF silently released new 16610LN's and 16610LV's

psssniper

Supporter
Certified
25/4/17
Been out of touch for a month or so, received mine a while back but just got home to open it and take a look. Looks and feels like a 16610 LV canal street special with an SH 3135. Bezel wobbles, feels, turns and clicks terribly skipping 3-5 clicks. The sides of the bracelet look like they were hit with a belt sander. Pip and hand lume is a different color than the dial dots. I'm entirely unimpressed. I've learned from this purchase to be more careful in the future of the pump and dump hysteria.

Winni1611

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
15/10/22
Germany
BP still makes these bro, but all their 16613s (LN, LB, Serti) are in ETA or DG cases and have ETA/DG position datewheels, date window and cyclops. I used to think BP did this for cost cutting reasons but have since realized it's because of the royal PITA it is to fit a DWO to a 2824 due to vertical space constraints.

Nembo from RG has a good display of them on his new sales website. Trusty also still lists them all. Nembo's site is wrong about them having a 2836, though they are available with a 2813.

So the good thing about the ETAs is they are 2824 cases, which can take a 3135 natively. They do have too large a rehaut aperture to take a gen dial though. So I got a Rolex date window ETA Serti dial from Raffles and mounted it on a VR3135 with a gen champagne datewheel and with some gen-spec hands and a Clark's crystal swap it all comes together.

Stock
16957750848260.jpg

Modded
16957754082391.jpg
Hi Kj, searched for nembo on repgeek, but could'nt find. Do you have a link from where I could order ?
Theone only has it without the blue markers.
Thx again for you help

Takumar

Still New
7/9/23
Been out of touch for a month or so, received mine a while back but just got home to open it and take a look. Looks and feels like a 16610 LV canal street special with an SH 3135. Bezel wobbles, feels, turns and clicks terribly skipping 3-5 clicks. The sides of the bracelet look like they were hit with a belt sander. Pip and hand lume is a different color than the dial dots. I'm entirely unimpressed. I've learned from this purchase to be more careful in the future of the pump and dump hysteria.

How could this arrive in that condition? What about TD and QC?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hi Kj, searched for nembo on repgeek, but could'nt find. Do you have a link from where I could order ?
Theone only has it without the blue markers.
Thx again for you help
Nembo (RG top administrator) has a running thread for his sales, so you can find him there. It's been a long time since I was "eligible to buy/sell" there but I think you need a certain number of posts to view sales threads, even his. It's not a lot maybe 25 like here.

Nembo fairly recently created a website modeled like Reg (Narikka) to display all the pieces he can get in a more user friendly fashion.

Nembo ofc is not a TD here but I've bought from him numerous times over the last 5 years and know plenty of others who have as well. His sales thread history displays many hundreds of sales. Alex is a great guy, a model of dedication and reliability in the rep world.

His email: [email protected]

• Love
Reactions: Winni1611

Flaco007

Still New
23/3/20
Hi everyone, nice to read your opinion and experience about the watch here.

I have been looking for the Sub 16610 for a while. I like the rolex sub 16610 from the 1980 - 1990, it gives me a vintage feeling.

Through this forum I have been in contact with several reliable sellers, such as Intime, Trusty Time, and Chazing

I would like to order this watch, but I don't know which one is the best choice. I would also like to buy an extra green fabric watch strap. Do you have any tips or suggestions for purchasing? I look forward to your response.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
You are right, those two sets of hands are essentially the same.

I don't recall the Kermit (or the Hulk) hour and second hands being referred to as maxi hands. They look identical to the 16610 LN in side by side pics.

zWhk5D.jpg

It was these hands that are different from all of these models

HnOWXs.jpeg

And the BP stock hands

16514313469360.jpg

The hour hand shaft is shorter and too wide and the second hand orb is too large.

A 6 digit GMT for example has all maxi hands. A Sub with a fat hour hand has commonly been referred to as having "a GMT hour hand".

HnnK11.jpeg
Okay, so the only difference between a LN and LV is the maxi dial hour markers and the fat minute hand?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

Bro this may not be as bad as you think. Your bezel should be fairly easy to fix, with either an extra washer, a new click or both.

16610 bezel click

16610 bezel tension ring

Your SH3135 is definitely a V2, with a VR balance wheel, as advertised. It should have a VR datewheel as well.

Your bracelet sides look just like my gen, that's how they were. Not polished.

The lume issue is not good though. Your pic makes the hands lume appear blue-green Chromalight, so essentially Hulk hands. Is this true? If so, perhaps a hands re-lume or replacement could make this right.

Now that we know about this issue, going back to Ryan's pics we can see a slight mismatch.

HnnkUL.jpeg

Ryan used the exact same lume pic for all 4 models - the watermarks are in the exact same places and the minute hand is not maxi on the LV pics.

HnnXbQ.jpeg

I know re-luming hands is not a task for casual hobbyists but it is possible to have done. Or find a better set of hands. Disappointing for sure but maybe worth trying to salvage.

psssniper

Supporter
Certified
25/4/17
Bro this may not be as bad as you think. Your bezel should be fairly easy to fix, with either an extra washer, a new click or both.

16610 bezel click

16610 bezel tension ring

Your SH3135 is definitely a V2, with a VR balance wheel, as advertised. It should have a VR datewheel as well.

Your bracelet sides look just like my gen, that's how they were. Not polished.

The lume issue is not good though. Your pic makes the hands lume appear blue-green Chromalight, so essentially Hulk hands. Is this true? If so, perhaps a hands re-lume or replacement could make this right.

Now that we know about this issue, going back to Ryan's pics we can see a slight mismatch.

HnnkUL.jpeg

Ryan used the exact same lume pic for all 4 models - the watermarks are in the exact same places and the minute hand is not maxi on the LV pics.

HnnXbQ.jpeg

I know re-luming hands is not a task for casual hobbyists but it is possible to have done. Or find a better set of hands. Disappointing for sure but maybe worth trying to salvage.

KJ2020
Thanks for the input man, appreciate the insights and links into possible fixes and the explanation on the bracelet. I'll tackle the bezel issues but the lume is beyond my skill set and something I can probably live with. Any ideas where to get extra links for this bracelet?

Here's a better lume shot

Reactions: Nur-Uhr and mcboom

mcboom

time & patience - the two most powerful warriors
Supporter
Certified
12/1/23
Thailand
Not sure if the RAF dial has the correct 'flat 4' font, ARF certainly made an effort to get this right 👌🏽

Last edited: