• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF SD43 904L 126600 review (many pics)

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Just came across this. My v3 arrived yesterday and loved it. It had stopped this morning. Took the back off and the movement is the v2 undecorated. I have contacted my TD to ask they swap but other than the decoration, what are the other improvements on the v3 compared to v2 so I can see if worth my while shipping it back to china?

100% it isnt worth shipping risk back to China... and then China to you. If it gets lost in the post, that's game over. V3 offered marginal benefits at best, hardly any. Slightly different bezel is about it.

Arnie365

Known Member
7/4/19
100% it isnt worth shipping risk back to China... and then China to you. If it gets lost in the post, that's game over. V3 offered marginal benefits at best, hardly any. Slightly different bezel is about it.

Ok thanks. Will send to my watch smith for a full service then. I imagine this is quite a common issue with reps. I’ve spent a lot with the TD so is it unreasonable to ask them for a contribution to the service do you think?

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Ok thanks. Will send to my watch smith for a full service then. I imagine this is quite a common issue with reps. I’ve spent a lot with the TD so is it unreasonable to ask them for a contribution to the service do you think?

Why would you need to service it? It's an A2824 just leave it alone. It's a fine movement, if you have any problems then replace it with an ETA at a later date. But the Asian clone ETA movements for the most part have been pretty bulletproof.

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Just came across this. My v3 arrived yesterday and loved it. It had stopped this morning. Took the back off and the movement is the v2 undecorated. I have contacted my TD to ask they swap but other than the decoration, what are the other improvements on the v3 compared to v2 so I can see if worth my while shipping it back to china?

Hi. To be clear, the V3 is not a decorated 2824 movement...it is just the rotor.

Fab87pz

2/8/18
6e348e1bbcb669401c3cb314cfa0fd4d.plist

Rehaut is amazing, it's a shame there is no version with 3235 clone

Arnie365

Known Member
7/4/19
Hi. To be clear, the V3 is not a decorated 2824 movement...it is just the rotor.

Yes sorry I meant rotor. TD is saying that all the v3s now come without the decorated rotor and assured me it’s a v3. I doubt it! Anyway have decided to send the watch for a full service which will sort it.

Arnie365

Known Member
7/4/19
Why would you need to service it? It's an A2824 just leave it alone. It's a fine movement, if you have any problems then replace it with an ETA at a later date. But the Asian clone ETA movements for the most part have been pretty bulletproof.

Because it’s already stopped working 2nd day I’ve had it (only works if I give the case a tap then stops again after a couple of minutes) and crown feels very stiff to wind.

Hiram325

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/7/19
My ARF v2 12660 should be in my hands tomorrow or the next day. I have the same A2824 in my ARF v2 116610 which I had service done on, if/when it fails I'm going with a Swiss ETA 2824-2. I intend to go that way with this SD so aside from the movement, what would the accumulated knowledge & experience on this thread suggest? I've kicked around going with gen hands, gen crown, gen crystal on my Sub.

Hiram325

9/7/19
I apologize for the multiple posts. I kept getting "Server Error" and after the past few days I thought the "Post Reply" was failing. If you folks would overlook that please, I'd be extremely interested in any responses.

nennca

17/5/15
^ great photos of a beautiful watch. Very tempted to get one... LOL

The best modern rollie! I just don't wear any other. Once a week i wear my SD4k, or a pam (243,127,312,351), but no other rollie. This one has the perfect size. So get one! You won't regret it!

Silver Fox Mulder

5/8/20
Thats me in the corner..
I have the ARF V3, really happy with it, couldn't compare it to others or even a gen, but numbers on dw look great, ticks over at midnight, seems to be keeping good time.

Red text makes it really pop and it's a hefty beast with presence. To me this is a statement piece (more so than the sub date) and well worth the coin.

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Agreed. It’s still my favorite Rollie. It has wrist presence but not in a shouty way like the Deep-Sea.
9b45a7da0c7e441fcf53975d250e0979.plist

Aplex

11/11/18
Hi all,

Can somebody please help me with my ARF SD43?

I have wear it for a couple of days and I notice the bezel is comming loose. I can push it back down but it will come loose again, it wiggles.
Is this something I can fix at home? Do i need some new parts if I flip the bezel off?

Thanks a lot in advance!